PDA

View Full Version : windscreen wipers with built in jets

poita
1st October 2007, 06:47 PM
lookin at puttin a set of these on the cally, anyone here know where i can source some?
do any come with thses as an oem fit?
the ones on the cally bonnet are, well......... shit!
if you know of any give me a yell
cheers peter :)

kaoshunter
1st October 2007, 06:58 PM
ve commodore had them as standard it sprays under the wiper when the move

poita
1st October 2007, 08:41 PM
hmmmm from a ve you say, wonder if i'll need a kidney out for this.
thx :D

Noir
2nd October 2007, 01:15 PM
Alfa GTV also has them. Sell your other kidney.

Wraith
2nd October 2007, 01:22 PM
Poita, why don't you just replace the Cali ones with some neat chromed aftermarket sprayers ??

I've done it to mine, they were inexpensive, look 10 times better - will never fade out again - and after several years now, they still work ok :)

Let me know if you wanna check em out, I'll put some pics up for you.....

poita
2nd October 2007, 04:05 PM
i have a set of chromes ones here that i had on it.
i just dont have any other chrome shiny bits on teh car, so they look tacky
plus all the angles and bits inside the bonnet for the hoses are screwed, and i dont have tiny little japanese fingers to get in tehre and fix em up.
would just be easier if they werent there, also make the bonnet look nice and smooth ;)

Wraith
4th October 2007, 12:13 PM
All good points, but you'd be up for a bit of work and expense to get these wipers in the 1st place, close the holes on the bonnet (might need to respray the whole thing) and you would have to fix all the small water piping anyways....

Which chrome washer sprayers do you have ?? I ask because the ones I have are very small and neat, hardly stand out, I have seen larger bulkier ones and then there's those real tacky and large ones with the built in LED light....

poita
4th October 2007, 01:13 PM
the car is gettin resprayed very soon ange, so im not worried bout that bit.
yer the ones i have are bout the size of the ones with LED's in em (have one set with, one without lol)
maybe i'll just take the ones off the wifes mazda 6, they are awesome!
time will tell ange, we will see wat happens ;);)

Wraith
4th October 2007, 04:36 PM
Look forward to seeing your finished result, respray and brand spanking new looking Cali is enough to make me weak at the knees :drool:

I still reckon put the smaller neater chrome ones on and add some more external bling LOL, a nice set of mags with the outer rim in chrome or stainless would look awesome and match perfectly :)

poita
4th October 2007, 06:12 PM
well im tryin to find a set of 19's that are black with the machined chrome lip.
none i like in 19x7.5, not an easy size to buy for

maloo97
4th October 2007, 11:10 PM
pete ... what colour respray?

poita
4th October 2007, 11:48 PM
will be red ;);)

Wraith
5th October 2007, 03:03 PM
IMHO without doubt the best colour for a Calibra, no other colour makes em look better.....ie red ;)

As for black 19's with chrome/stainless/polished outer lip, that'll be hard to find a big selection to choose from.

What I'd do is find a rim of the design you like, which is also of the correct specs and see if the manufacturer can supply it in black finish.

If not there are numerous aftermarket work shops that can colour them up for you and you can even get the outer rim lips diamond cut machine polished, just like the rim manufacturers do :)

poita
5th October 2007, 04:08 PM
yer thought about that too ange, at the moment the 17's are stayin on as is. havent got 2k for wheels lying round.

and as for the jets, im havin other ideas for them ;)
will try them out over the weekend.
we will see

poita
14th May 2008, 09:07 AM
made a few enquiries with the local Holden dealership.
looking at $156.40 for the full assemblies
so that left + right, both arms, blades, nozzles, hoses, attachments the whole lot.
im quite impressed.

so anyone out there with a VE commodore, just be aware
if your washers stuff up thet are sold as a full kit, not indvidually
have fun with that ;)

EL BURITO
14th May 2008, 09:17 AM
made a few enquiries with the local Holden dealership.
looking at $156.40 for the full assemblies
so that left + right, both arms, blades, nozzles, hoses, attachments the whole lot.
im quite impressed.

so anyone out there with a VE commodore, just be aware
if your washers stuff up thet are sold as a full kit, not indvidually
have fun with that ;)
I do wounder if they would be cheaper at auto vaux cos of the VXR8

just be interesting to see

rjastra
14th May 2008, 09:33 AM
You could just change the nozzles to those of a later model car.

My mate did this on a NB MX5. Used the digressive nozzles off a current Tribute. These are the nozzles used on most modern cars that send up a wide mist all over the screen rather than a couple of jets.

I think it cost him all of $20!

poita
14th May 2008, 09:48 AM
im removing the ones from the bonnet.
so after a set built into the blades.
if i did replace the bonnet ones i would steal the set off our mazda 6, they are awesome.
but at this stage, the VE ones look like a goer