PDA

View Full Version : Opel front grill for AH SRIT

guin83
28th September 2007, 11:49 AM
Hi guys.

If you see the front grill of AH Astras, you see a straight chrome bar going across horizontally with a round holden logo inserted in the middle.

However, on SRI tubro, VRX and twin-tops, chrome bar going across the grill horizontally is bent in the middle forming a "V" shape and the holden logo sits on top of thie V shape and it is much smaller in size.

I was trying to find this V shape front grill with Opel logo on, I was able to find a couple of them with straight bar, but not V shape ones. (Hope I am explaining this clearly)

Does anybody know where I can get my hands on this V shape opel grill?

I tried removing the holden logo only and bought this little Opel emblem for 60 dollars. That lasted one day and the it was gone. Now I am thinking of replacing the entire grill. Help!!!!!

SaInT
28th September 2007, 12:33 PM
Stolen or you didnt stick it on good enough?

guin83
28th September 2007, 01:05 PM
Stolen or you didnt stick it on good enough?

nah man.. It was a round plastic emblem with opel logo attached on the skin.
Actual emblem was still intact, but the skin part that had the opel logo was gone. I think it gets blown away by the wind or something.

So i had to remove the sticky part myself.

USC
28th September 2007, 01:19 PM
nah man.. It was a round plastic emblem with opel logo attached on the skin.
Actual emblem was still intact, but the skin part that had the opel logo was gone. I think it gets blown away by the wind or something.

So i had to remove the sticky part myself.

Unfortunately, you wont get the V-grille with an opel badge in it as the V standands for vauxhall. All vauxhalls have the V in their grille. Opel does not have the V but you might be able to get an aftermarket V grille with opel badge in it but I doubt it.

poita
28th September 2007, 03:59 PM
as far as i have seen there is no aftermarket parts that are a v-grille with the opel logo.
have been chasing one for a long time

MK
28th September 2007, 05:08 PM
as above, there is no Opel V grille for our Astra H.

You will have to take measurements of the holden emblem (badge) and search the internet (eBay) for a replacement Opel badge - most likely you will have to get an Opel Agila or Meriva emblems which are (in some models) smaller.

In all honesty, this way you will spend your $$ (most likely half the price if the original, non V Opel grille) and have a half done grille which will not look any good or will fall apart after a while.

You are much better off by purchasing an original Opel grille and install it whole.

I also wanted to just replace the original Holden emblem (astra H 5 door) with an Opel emblem and modify the Holden grille...mate, it was going to cost me $60 or so dollars for the Opel emblem and the postage involved... i gave up because i still had to spend money to "modify and paint" the Holden grille...i just purchased a brand new grille from Opel dealer in EU (Poland) and had it shipped here...Total price was $150 AU and i still have the original Holden grille intact. :)

SRI Wannabe
28th September 2007, 07:00 PM
While on the subject will a sri-t's coupe's grille fit the non-turbo coupes??

MK
28th September 2007, 07:11 PM
While on the subject will a sri-t's coupe's grille fit the non-turbo coupes??

should fit

OPC
30th September 2007, 02:13 AM
Hi guys.

However, on VRX and twin-tops, Help!!!!!

i didnt know mitsubishi had an OPEL emblem... hehehehe