PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Group Buy on Dust Free Performance Pads...

gslrallysport
24th September 2007, 11:10 AM
Morning all!

Those that have asked me about brake upgrades previously, will probably have heard me say a magical little three letter word, QFM!

Only problem is that QFM don't make pads for XC Barina, or Astra G.... technically...

Now QFM being the local Gold Coast company they are, make EXCELLENT brake pads, but have to buy the backing plates in quantities that unfortunately are so high they can only do the very high volume selling cars.

BUT, QFM can also reline existing backing plates if you've already got them!

QFM's HPX compound is the perfect compromise. They are virtually dust free, whilst being better in performance and rotor wear than Bendix Ultimate.

SPECIFICATIONS of QFM Pads
Formulation - Cold Friction - High Friction - Temperature ©
Super X - 0.43 - 0.41 - 0-450
Taxi 69 - 0.41 - 0.37 - 0-480
HP-X - 0.41 - 0.42 - 0-550
A1RM - 0.40 - 0.48 - 0-780I can do this one of two ways. Firstly (and preferably), I can buy heaps of DB1510/1511/1471/1472 pads from RDA dirt cheap, so I have the backing plates, to send to QFM, they take RDA's compound off, clean them up, put their own compound on, then send them back to me complete as brand new pads!

Or, secondly, if you've got an old set of pads (that haven't had any of the backing plate worn away), then you can send them to me, and have those put compound on... BUT you won't know which backing plates are yours, and the cost of shipping them to me isn't alot less than what the RDA pads cost me to begin with...

Allow 2-3 weeks for the whole thing to happen, so at this stage I'm thinking wrap up all people involved and monies paid by 12th Oct, so have the pads late Oct, early Nov.

Tentative pricing as follows:

Option 1. $110, plus $10 postage Aus-wide (Or else pickup in Brisbane)
Option 2. $90, plus postage as above...

Bendix don't even make Ultimate for the XC Barina or Astra G, but most Bendix Ultimate pads are around the $120-$150 mark, and these are much better pads again...

Any questions just let me know! This was just something that came to me over the weekend, as I know alot people hate dust, but still want performance, and typically there hasn't been alot of options for these cars!

Cheers,
Greg

blueraven
24th September 2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah i might be interested in a set :) option one tho..

Wraith
24th September 2007, 12:09 PM
hahahaha LOL sorry, gotta go off topic here and say Nik, I love your sig pic vid......:D

If only people would read properly before they posted ;)

Back on topic now :o

gslrallysport
24th September 2007, 12:12 PM
lol... that's ok.. i was going to spam someone else's thread with the same comments! :D

Calibrated
24th September 2007, 01:15 PM
bwuhaha..i gotta do the same..

as for the pads, i just did mine 2 weeks ago :(

JasonGilholme
24th September 2007, 02:09 PM
so i'm guessin its 110 for the front end?? or is it the whole car??

Would you be able to do the same deal for a non barina/astra? (aka the honda??)

gslrallysport
24th September 2007, 02:31 PM
so i'm guessin its 110 for the front end?? or is it the whole car??
$110 is per axle set ie. either front or rear...

Would you be able to do the same deal for a non barina/astra? (aka the honda??)
If its a pad that QFM already do, then I can do HP-X's for $75, or else same price as above if I've got to get the pads from RDA, and then get QFM to re-do them...

I only listed the Astra and Barina because I can get the backing plates cheap out of RDA. I 'could' do the Vectra too, but because the pads are a fair bit more expensive to source, it could cost a fair bit more...

MiksOpel
24th September 2007, 02:50 PM
Can you sell the DB1510's alone at a cheap price?
PM if needed.

SKM_87
24th September 2007, 08:15 PM
i'll take a full set, option 1. xc barina

gslrallysport
25th September 2007, 12:11 PM
Can you sell the DB1510's alone at a cheap price?
PM if needed.
Each of those prices were per set, ie. front OR rear...

And so the list starts...

DB1471

- SKM_87

DB1472

- SKM_87

DB1510

DB1511

gslrallysport
4th October 2007, 11:40 AM
Bump! One week to go!

gslrallysport
26th March 2008, 09:45 AM
Hey ya'll,

Just to let you guys know, in our new location (with much increased storage space :p) we're trying to keep a good complete range of the QFM performance pads as they're bloody good!

To that effect we've actually done the work first and sent away a heap of backing plates to suit Astra/Barina to get made up in the HPX compound, so that we should always have them in stock.

So far we've only received back 3 sets of DB1510 (suit ABS Astra front) but hopefully the rest (Astra rears and XC Barina) shouldn't be too far away. Will also look at keeping Vectra pads in stock too at a later date.

Also for those that want some latest reviews on these pads check it out:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/gsl-rallysport/62865-qfm-hpx-vt-vz-police-spec-performance-brake-pads.html

Exactly the same HPX compound as those Commodore Police spec pads. For those that want a high performance pad, which ALOT less dust than either OEM/Lucas/Green Stuff, these are the go.

Any questions let me know!

Cheers,
Greg