PDA

View Full Version : new astra my7.5

USC
23rd September 2007, 06:34 PM
Just saw a new astra hatch and the rear lights look pretty good...similar to the 3dr coupe..but the front headlights seem a bit odd with all that chrome in it.

kuruptz
23rd September 2007, 07:31 PM
Front is hideous

Back is alot better.

Wraith
24th September 2007, 09:10 AM
Agree, I'm not a fan of the newer all chrome front headlights as well..........

I'm still dissapointed also that GMH havn't introduced the halogen headlight assemblies here in Aust. at least as an option, 'I think' we are the only country as far as I know who don't get them :rolleyes:

entice
24th September 2007, 09:45 AM
what's good news with the 7.5 is that the "sportier" models retain the black front clusters.

the rear lights are an improvemet, esp on darker coloured cars...

USC
24th September 2007, 10:02 AM
changing the topic here a bit but does anyone know if the windscreen of the early MY7 is any different to the later MY7 and MY7.5?? coming back to the chip(got it repaired but doesnt look so good)..so im enquiring about a new windscreen but holden told me that the windscreen of the early MY7 is a bit different to the later ones(but they dont know what has changed!!)...upon inspection on an actual car, I cant see any differences?? the later ones cost about $150 less:eek:

bornwild
24th September 2007, 10:18 AM
I don't think there is later or earlier MY07...it's all just the same car....no?!

USC
24th September 2007, 10:23 AM
apparently, there is...I saw on their computer that up to a certain VIN number, the astra uses a different windscreen??? or is it just Holden trying to get rid of their old screens??

digifish
24th September 2007, 10:36 AM
What on earth is this post about? The latest AH astra looks almost the same as the previous AH astra and the rear lights moreso...or am I missing something ?

USC
24th September 2007, 10:45 AM
What on earth is this post about? The latest AH astra looks almost the same as the previous AH astra and the rear lights moreso...or am I missing something ?

no mate, r u on earth or on some other planet?

different headlights, front grille and taillights! and possibly different windscreen!!

digifish
24th September 2007, 10:48 AM
no mate, r u on earth or on some other planet?

different headlights, front grille and taillights! and possibly different windscreen!!

Well it all looks very minor to me.

digifish

USC
24th September 2007, 11:03 AM
Well it all looks very minor to me.

digifish

yep they are minor changes but the front looks ugly with the new headlights. sportier versions keep the dark cluster.

Wraith
24th September 2007, 11:09 AM
LOL, yes agree with you USC, minor changes they may be, but to those of us with a keen eye, it's very obvious to spot the differences in appearance these sorts of things make to a car :)

That's a curious one regarding the windscreen though, it may be of a different thickness maybe, or maybe from a different supplier, check the description makings on the glass, see where/who it's from.....

entice
24th September 2007, 11:33 AM
perhaps teh rear vision mirror mount is different.. i think i noticed that between teh wagon and hatch (MY06 and MY7.5) will check tonight

USC
24th September 2007, 11:53 AM
Awesome! thanks guys! It will be great if you could check the rear view mirror. I had a feeling it was that too as I couldnt find any difference on the outside. It is still made by pilklington. dman...this means its gona be more expensive!

the rear view mirror on my car is actually clipped onto some plastic mount that`s glued to the glass..so removal is very easy. Im guessing, in the new windscreen it might just be glued directly to the glass, hence cheaper manufacturing cost for windscreen.

lol! yeh, not a big fan of the new astra - even though the 1.8 engine is now more powerful. I also noticed they use a different grommet for the rear wiper motor of the MY7.5:D ....doesnt look as good as the previous model.

SIMid
25th September 2007, 08:20 AM
.......... hence why I got the 7.0 not the 7.5 ;)

I know the turbo there was the slightest change, but I prefer the fake aluminium checks on the interior and the slotted grilles.

Wraith
25th September 2007, 09:14 AM
I don't have an AH, but from what I've seen and heard, I agree with the above....

Seems there are some very noticeable little changes on the later AH's which has made them less appealing rather than better than the initial production cars :rolleyes:

USC
25th September 2007, 09:38 AM
perhaps teh rear vision mirror mount is different.. i think i noticed that between teh wagon and hatch (MY06 and MY7.5) will check tonight

have u been able to check your windscreen mate?

yeh, the sri-T my7 is definitely hotter than the my7.5!! checkered AL trim and grille look hotter!! I thought they were supposed to make cars look better, not worst! eg, the previous model corolla looked so ugly when it first came out, but the facelift made it look much better..well at least the front :)

entice
25th September 2007, 09:51 AM
have u been able to check your windscreen mate?

yeh, the sri-T my7 is definitely hotter than the my7.5!! checkered AL trim and grille look hotter!! I thought they were supposed to make cars look better, not worst! eg, the previous model corolla looked so ugly when it first came out, but the facelift made it look much better..well at least the front :)

yeah I have... but comments like that wont help with an answer...

:)

differences in the AH model life.
after teh 1st series they deleted the rear foot heater vents (damn shame)
the cdx I think also lost that awful (IMO) fake wood trim, to be replaced with a nicer fake aluminium
my6 - 6.5 (or was that 6.5-7) they deleted the sill plates on the CDX, and the carpets for teh CDX
my7.5 chrome grille and lights on less sporty versions. tailights changed to smoked.
as a side note, teh patch wiring harness for 7.5 is different, as is teh part number for teh towbar itself.

windscreen mounts are teh same (didnt get a detailed look, but look pretty much the same. not sure if teh edge fuzzyness is the same.. ie the black dots

USC
25th September 2007, 11:42 AM
yeah I have... but comments like that wont help with an answer...

:)

differences in the AH model life.
after teh 1st series they deleted the rear foot heater vents (damn shame)
the cdx I think also lost that awful (IMO) fake wood trim, to be replaced with a nicer fake aluminium
my6 - 6.5 (or was that 6.5-7) they deleted the sill plates on the CDX, and the carpets for teh CDX
my7.5 chrome grille and lights on less sporty versions. tailights changed to smoked.
as a side note, teh patch wiring harness for 7.5 is different, as is teh part number for teh towbar itself.

windscreen mounts are teh same (didnt get a detailed look, but look pretty much the same. not sure if teh edge fuzzyness is the same.. ie the black dots

hm...thanks mate! me thinks im gona get the new windscreen then :) I couldnt spot any differences on the exterior at all. and since the mount is the same...but why would holden have different parts for them? they must be different somehow. ..may be one is more inclined ??
what number is on your MY7.5mate? i mean the numbers written on the LHS corner of the screen....43 R etc etc. I just wana check if its the same as mine. also, does your centre speaker(the one that sits on your dash in the middle) have a plastic ball thingy in the middle?? I noticed the new hatches at the dealer didnt have ball on the centre speaker...

ta.;)

entice
25th September 2007, 11:45 AM
will check numbers later.

will alos need to have a more detailed look at the mirror mount. I know on the 7.5SRI Mine's black, and fels more rigid than the MY6 CDX wagon. I know on the 7.5 there is only one pivot point, but for some reason thought that the MY6 had 2 axes to pivot. u may want to check yours.
the ball on the centre grille is for climate control...

USC
25th September 2007, 12:23 PM
will check numbers later.

will alos need to have a more detailed look at the mirror mount. I know on the 7.5SRI Mine's black, and fels more rigid than the MY6 CDX wagon. I know on the 7.5 there is only one pivot point, but for some reason thought that the MY6 had 2 axes to pivot. u may want to check yours.
the ball on the centre grille is for climate control...

climate control..cool as! I always wondered where the sensor was :)

awesome, ill check the pivot tonight. ill also compare the numbers from yours with mine. thanks again!

entice
25th September 2007, 04:44 PM
umm.. just realised, sounds like u have a coupe.. I have hatch and wagon, so screen numbers are likely to be different...

USC
25th September 2007, 05:08 PM
umm.. just realised, sounds like u have a coupe.. I have hatch and wagon, so screen numbers are likely to be different...

hmm...Im thinking for windscreen, the number might be the same..anyways, will find out when you get the numbers ;) ..yeh, I have the sri-t

tim_
28th September 2007, 06:31 PM
i want the smoked rear lights on my 5dr. i will find out how much they cost

entice
28th September 2007, 07:24 PM
Oh, forgot to mention...

that 43R number was teh same on the MY06 wagon and MY7.5 hatch

USC
29th September 2007, 12:27 AM
yeh, i saw that at the dealership too...me thinks the new screen is the same stuff and probably just looks better :)
can u pls check the dots on the screen?ie that black ceramic printing on the back....
oh, rear lights are about $230 each..trade price I think....

sooty
1st October 2007, 05:18 PM
oh, rear lights are about $230 each..trade price I think....
Each!....just buy one :D Then you would truly have a unique car...
Completely weird....but unique nonetheless

USC
4th October 2007, 10:16 AM
ok, I found out what the difference in the windscreen is ( according to description on the spare parts computer):

Early MY6.5 and MY7 has the windscreen without identification breaking point

Late MY7 and MY7.5 has the windscreen with identification breaking point

Both windscreen are exactly the same shape and have the same rear view mirror mount and ceramic dots.

Now, if someone know what identification breaking point is...that would be great!:cool: I have no idea what it means and Holden does not know either.

EL BURITO
4th October 2007, 10:20 AM
Holden does not know either.

Ahhh isn't that normally the case