PDA

View Full Version : To Buy or Not to Buy...

Kymbo
17th September 2007, 05:00 PM
Hey Guys,

Well this is my first post and am looking for some advise as to what to do.

I currently own a 2006 Mazda SP23 and am looking to "upgrade" to a 2003 Astra Turbo Convertible.

Now i have absolutely no idea about them (i owned an 89 Astra AGESSS ago lol but things have long changed!)

Is there anything in particular i need to look out for when looking at them?
Any known usual problems/issues they have?

also, what are the servicing costs like being turbo? My SP23 is very cheap to service - and thats at the local mazzie dealership!

I've owned an R33 Skyline and that was pretty cheap to service (unfortunately petrol was a killer lol) however we did it all ourselves.

My other question is what is the fuel economy like?

any help would be appreciated as im going to look at another one on Wednesday in Sydney.

Thanks!
Kym

btm
17th September 2007, 05:07 PM
wraith is the man with all your answers to any question re drop-top turbs

he will probabaly reply in about 3.5 mins :p

welcome to the site by the way Kym!

Tfer
17th September 2007, 05:10 PM
What btm said.....

Wraith will be an excellent source of info for you.

And yes, welcome to Opelaus :D

USC
17th September 2007, 05:11 PM
Hi Mate, I would advised you to keep your mazzie sp23 (a lot sexier as well in my opinion) The astra turbo cost a fair bit to service and Holden dont stock much for the car over here and if they do, price is very expensive!

The mazda will retain its value and is probably better built than the astra turbo.

and with a convertible that is about 4 years old now, you will definitely have issues with rubber seals unless its in good condition.

Calibrated
17th September 2007, 05:21 PM
Hi Mate, I would advised you to keep your mazzie sp23 (a lot sexier as well in my opinion) The astra turbo cost a fair bit to service and Holden dont stock much for the car over here and if they do, price is very expensive!

The mazda will retain its value and is probably better built than the astra turbo.
i would beg to differ.

Astra is very sexy. im also thinking of one for my next car. between that vert and the SRiT (OPC)

parts are the same as the SRiT unless something goes with the roof or rear suspension. and if so, you can easily source from South Africa or Europe.

USC
17th September 2007, 05:36 PM
i would beg to differ.

Astra is very sexy. im also thinking of one for my next car. between that vert and the SRiT (OPC)

parts are the same as the SRiT unless something goes with the roof or rear suspension. and if so, you can easily source from South Africa or Europe.

and how much do parts cost mate? how many mechanics in melbourne can service an astra turbo convertible correctly? I would beg to know.

Calibrated
17th September 2007, 05:58 PM
and how much do parts cost mate? how many mechanics in melbourne can service an astra turbo convertible correctly? I would beg to know.

he's in sydney, not melbourne. ;)

and actually, how many machy's in the whole of australia can work on any car that ISNT a commonwhore or a falcoon.
How much do parts cost? well, how long is a piece of string?

auzvectra
17th September 2007, 07:14 PM
i'm 100% with calibrated, sorry usc not trying to make an enemy.
and how the hell do you get the sp23 as a better built car to the astra???
yes they have their issues, but few and far between, and most can be fixed easily with the help of this forum.
i have been in an sp23, and i know of their issues also, but i'm not going to go into that.
the astra turbo's have a failing water pump in the early models, normally fails at about 55K and replaced with a revised pump.
apart from the odd bad earth in the engine harness (very rare, and no big issue, just a pain to fix) the soft top i belive can wear a lil, but thats just what soft tops do.

imay
17th September 2007, 07:58 PM
If you really, really, really want a convertible (turbo or n/a) the Astra is definitely the pick of the bunch.
What to watch for:
Smooth operation of the roof, both up and down. And don't be put off if the key fob doesn't do what it is supposed to do. Just sit down, start it up and operate the roof from the console button.
Check all the rubbers and make sure the windows "drop" a little when you open the door. This was a problem with the door window/s not dropping on the earlier models I believe. Holden/Opel had a fix.
Check to make sure the folding wind break is in good condition (they are near impossible to get a replacement here in Oz).
Normal servicing applies, as there is (I've been told) nothing specific that Holden is aware of for them to look for in the roof. There's nothing in the service manual, either. Check behind a panel in the boot for your hydraulic fluid level.
Everything else is just Astra 2.2 or 2.0T. So, whatever mechanical ailments they suffer, so too will a convertible. Turbo is belt drive ohc that needs regular replacement (every 60-80,000 km same as 1.8?), whereas 2.2 is chain drive.
As has been mentioned there can be problems with the roof wearing in "patches." I've been assured this is nothing unusual with fabric roofs, however, make sure these patches in the fabric haven't worn too much. A new roof will set you back a mortgage.
There has also been recorded problems with the crap decal on the roof cover (tonneau) lifting/bubbling. Mine was split at delivery, and Holden had it replaced with leather.
Be very wary of an older convertible with a nice black, new looking, really clean roof. It's probably been touched up or treated with some commercial cleaner or coloring agent to make it look nice, which is in actual fact, damaging to the roof fabric. Try pouring water on it and make sure the water is running straight off and not soaking into the fabric AT ALL.
Roof up, windows up, and normal driving, there should be NO draughts/wind whistles, or buffetting of the roof fabric.

The biggest decision you have to make is: Do you really want a convertible? If you do, there is nothing to stop you. If you're really not that sure . . . get a car with a sunroof!
Any other advice on anything you might want to know, don't hesitate to ask us convertible converts!

Wraith
17th September 2007, 08:37 PM
Hi guys, hehe, I wanted to answer in 3.5 mins after this went up, as BTM said, but thought I'd just hang in the background waiting for others to have their say.....:)

As it is, Ian (Imay) above has pretty much covered everything specific to the TS vert, both standard and turbo variants.

I can only repeat the fact that this is Australias best ever selling convertible - bar none and that speaks volumes about the good qualities of this car !!!

Also the beauty of the turbo model is that they're rare, making them much more desirable as well - I believe that there are no more than 250 examples Australia wide.

My final word is DEFINITELY go ahead and buy one, be patient, be fussy and get one that's in next to perfect condition and it'll put a smile on your dial that'll last for years, I kid you not - I've owned mine for 3 years and love it more now than when I first got it, I can still say now with all honesty that I will never sell this car.

I really hope you do get one, that'll make 3 of us on this forum with a turbo TS vert, however I'm the only 'regular' active member with one of these beauties, would be nice if there were 2 of us :)

As for future reference and questions both general and for mods, between myself, Imay and Nicecar, I'm sure we'll be able to help you out with just about anything concerning this car :)

Good Luck :)

daaaaavek
17th September 2007, 08:57 PM
I spotted a traded in Turbo G Convertable at Suttons Rosebery on Sunday. 94,000 k's they were asking $29,999. Didn't look too bad but the leather seats were a bit scratched.

There were about 4 other non-turbo convertable G's sitting there too .. seems like they are now turning into Australia's most traded-in convertable now ;)

Kymbo
17th September 2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks for your reply guys - a wealth of knowledge.

Im still not sure on which way to go because i really love my car and being the first owner i know it's history, however after driving the Astra it gave me the feeling i had when i owned my N14 SSS - it was Fun to drive.
Not even the Skyline gave me that feeling...

I got back in my car and i felt like a Soccer Mum! :eek: (And no kids in sight! LOL).

Imay: When you say "key fob doesn't do what it is supposed to do" - the only way to operate the roof in the first one i test drove was the switch on the dash... is there supposed to be another way?

Oh which also remindes me - there was no wind break mesh thingy - is it supposed to come standard? As the dealer tried to tell me that they were an option at new.

Also when i drove it, it wasnt 'drafty' but was quite a bit noiser than my car - im not sure if thats just how they are becuase it has a collapsable roof! or that it was not in the best of condition. (i guess its not really a problem because i wont be buying that one anyway but still i guess for my reference).
The car in general though hadnt had the best of owners - the silver plastic panels inside were scratched to the crapper, there was a tear in the drivers seat and there were quite a few rattles and things.

USC: I hear where your comin from with the seals around the roof - that is also one of my main concerns, but i guess thats the risk u take in buying a convertible - i have to decide if thats the risk im willing to take. As for your comment regarding resale value, i have to disagree. Mainly because SP23's (manual) are about $32000 on road brand spanking. 18mths on and my car is only worth about $25k if im lucky. Sure i think that it might plateau for a little bit but the next big drop wont be too far away with the new 2 coming out and im sure the new 3 wont be far behind.

I guess the convertible has plateau'd for a while and may be due for its next big drop - im not sure because i havent had much to do with Astra's and holdens in general since the "N13 Astra" Days hehehe.

This is the car im going to have a look at (which possibly may be tomorrow now): http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/HOLDEN/ASTRA/New%20South%20Wales/csn1685952.aspx?State=NSW&l=du
I called the dealer, he assured me that the kms are genuine (its the cheapest one i have seen with the lowest kms) and one owner with full log book service history. (i hounded him cuz i didnt want to drive out there from Wollongong for nothing).

By the way: Im a Chick lol - not a dude so in future references a "She/Her" not a "He/His" would be much appreciated :rolleyes: :p

Thanks for all your help guys!! I Really appreciate it!

Now to find my way out to Concord....

Calibrated
17th September 2007, 09:34 PM
By the way: Im a Chick lol - not a dude so in future references a "She/Her" not a "He/His" would be much appreciated :rolleyes: :p

hehe, sorry, my bad.:o

daaaaavek
17th September 2007, 09:35 PM
Wow .. that's a great price for a 'vert. Weird, the ad says it's a 2.2L non turbo but the pics tell otherwise. Good luck with it if you decide to but .. where abouts in Sydney are you located?

Wraith
17th September 2007, 09:36 PM
Maybe I can help....

The FOB Ian is referring to is the remote function on the key, it too can open/close the top on these convertible Astras, however it dosn't work properly or at all if the battery is low on power.

The wind break mesh frame, is located and stowed away in the boot - there's a position just under the 'bathtub' soft top housing where it just slides into place.
If it's not there, then maybe the 1st owner didn't get one, but it was standard fitment on the turbo verts.

Being a fabric top convertible, outside noise will be more than a conventional tin top car, as long as there are no drafts, you won't have any other problems like water leaks either.
As I said above, be fussy and grab one in excellent O/A condition, that one you checked out dosn't sound the best !

With regards to USC's comments, I'm sorry but they are a little unfounded.
The seals, fabric and entire mechanical mechanism used on these cars are exactly the same as used on all SAABS and E46 model BMW convertibles, including the door window up/down trigger to guarantee a good seal.
Obviously with eventual wear n tear, you 'may' have some issues, but no more than any of those other types of convertibles mentioned, once again, get a good one, look after it and you won't have much to worry about ;)

The TS may have plateau'd and now their valueS are coming down, common deal for most other cars too.
Simple fact is, the new twin top isn't selling anywhere near as much as the TS.

The turbo vert your going to look at looks good (same exterior and interior colour as mine) and is handsomely priced - hope it's the one GOOD LUCK :)

Kymbo
17th September 2007, 09:38 PM
hehe, sorry, my bad.:o

haha no worries dude ;)

Kymbo
17th September 2007, 09:39 PM
Wow .. that's a great price for a 'vert. Weird, the ad says it's a 2.2L non turbo but the pics tell otherwise. Good luck with it if you decide to but .. where abouts in Sydney are you located?

Thanks. Im actually down in the Northern 'burbs of Wollongong.

Shaun
17th September 2007, 09:49 PM
Oi Kymbo.... what are you doing hear!!!

Be wise in what you buy. as ive said im happy to help you. Listen to Wraith as he has a TS Converatable thats turboed.

Shaun

Kymbo
17th September 2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks Lovely!

Trust me, if we can swing it, i definately want u to take a look at the car if im "close to buying" sort of interested ;)

USC
17th September 2007, 10:10 PM
guys, I have seen a few AH convertible brand new in showroom with tears in the rubber around the roof!

It might be the same material they use in a BMW but the workmanship and design will be different (all cars are made of steel arent they?), thats why you pay more for prestige cars.

The astra probably gave you a great feeling as it is a european car and feels and even smells different to japanese cars:D

If money is limited, the Astra TS convertible is the best. Have you also looked at the MX 5 convertible turbo? They are rear wheel drive and yes the previous model did come in turbo.

How about the Honda S2000? Beautiful piece of machinery! just perfection!

Shaun
17th September 2007, 10:25 PM
Ill talk to you more about it tomorrow Kym.

Calibrated
17th September 2007, 10:26 PM
If money is limited, the Astra TS convertible is the best. Have you also looked at the MX 5 convertible turbo? They are rear wheel drive and yes the previous model did come in turbo.

How about the Honda S2000? Beautiful piece of machinery! just perfection!

while both verts, very different type of cars.

Kymbo
17th September 2007, 11:22 PM
My Hubby was trying to get me to buy an MX5 but i just really dont like them. (maybe if they had a rotor implant perhaps hehe)...

But yeah - i just really dont rate them - i never have - having said that though, i have never driven one, but i dont like the look of them.

I think im having a mid life crisis at the ripe old age of 22 lol - hence the Convertible (sorry no offence to the 'vert' owners out there ;))

Im going to look at the silver one tomorrow - am taking my Father dearest with as he is A) a mechanic and B) worked in the Motor trade for 20 odd years so can crunch numbers with the best of them.

I do know also that i love this car though!:
http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=252800#post252800

As you can see, im very unsure of what i want, but i do LOVE the convertible, and if i had one, i wouldnt settle for anything less than the turbo.

I guess will wait and see what the outcome is tomorrow!

Will keep you posted ;)

Thanks again for all your help!

USC
18th September 2007, 10:23 AM
while both verts, very different type of cars.

Different but still convertibles.

Good luck Kymbo. Hope you get what you are after and check everything that the guys here are saying.

Wraith
18th September 2007, 12:35 PM
Good luck again with the TS turbo verb today Kym - hope it turns out to be a 'plum' :)

USC Both the MX5 and S2000 are great cars, BUT they are different to the TS vert in that they are a 2 seater only, where as the Astra is a true 2+2 seater convertible.

May not mean alot to most, but certainly makes a World of difference to me (and I'm assuming others) and it's one of the reasons I purchased mine, because I wanted back seats and the extra interior looks soooooo much better than a 2 seater when the tops down ;)

FYI I spent half a day at a soft top repair shop, just to learn 'a thing or 2' ages ago when I first got my vert and there were all types of European soft tops there for all manner of repairs, bottom line is the materials and worksmanship on the stock items was almost exactly the same on all of them of a similar time or make period !

You may or may not know, but the TS verts were put together by Bertone in Italy ;)

imay
18th September 2007, 12:52 PM
Ditto Wraith.
In a much earlier post I passed on information from a friend of mine in Tasmania, on how he recommends I look after the roof and interior of my Astra. He is one of a dying breed in that he is a very skilled "Coach Builder" born, bred and trained in the UK. He had a good look at the Astra roof system before I bought mine and he says the materials and level of trimming is top notch (on the example he checked out, anyway!). Overall he was very impressed with the whole roof system and is and will continue to be a wealth of information for me on the care, maintenance and general up-keep of the roof and leather as well.
And yes, the extra seats in the back (which can accommodate a couple of adults on a short run) are what swayed me to a 2+2, rather than a 2 seater. Great extra baggage space for a few days away, as well.

Kymbo
18th September 2007, 09:39 PM
Hey Guys!

Well - i have a surprise in store - and im not sure you all will like it :(

After the hour and a bit drive up to Concord i found the yard it is in is an importers yard (oh yeah i felt like a kid in a lolly shop! lol). Me and my father dearest had a thorough look over the car and it turns out to be one of the original test cars bought out and put through its paces on Lang Lang proving ground - complete with documentation and log book stamps from there service centre there and also Holden Ltd.

So technically it's not a 1 owner but 2.

The engine did NOT want to start and when it did, it coughed and spluttered for probably 30 odd seconds.

We had the car running for close on 30 min and after turning it off, still would NOT start first turn of the key (usually 3rd or 4th).

The so called 40,000 kms on the dial was actually 49,600 kms (it may not be a big deal for sum but 10,000 ks for me is HEAPS of driving as i only drive about 15 kms to work every day!). The car also showed signs that it wasnt in fact a 40,000 km old car.

The rubbers on the clutch and brake pedals were worn (so much so, they wouldnt pass pinky) and the floor mat had a hole in it from where shoes have rubbed away at it - my car has 36000 kms on it and shows no signs of wear in these places at all!.

And finally, the roof - well it had wear spots where the fabric has started fraying in spots and also discolouration patches where it looks as though water has been soaking into it.

All in all i was very dissapointed with the car and the fact that i drove all the way out there for something that the dealer in fact told me was one of the best he has seen, however when i said no to it proceeded to tell me "well it looks good in the photo's and gets people in".

Now - to my interesting part of the day, seeing as i was in what i would call, Heaven (sorry i know its an opel forum :o ), my mind got to thinking - they want 26k for the Astra, yet the Evo 6 next to it is only another 3k... hmmmm :cool:

so i ended up taking an Evo 6 for a run and i think the Sales guy needs new under garments! It was fun! very fun in fact. It passed my dads standards and i enjoyed every minute of it.

Im still to give them my answer as i said that i would have to discuss it with Hubby first but im thinking a no - i honestly think i might hang on to my car a bit longer - maybe try and put my stereo in it (that i do miss, and the exhaust, and the harsh ride lol) and see how i go.

Im just too wary of losing too much money - especially when we are looking at buying a house in the near future.

Thanks for all your help guys! (and gals if there is any!) and as much as i dont own an opel, i hope u let me stay on as a member here. :angel: ;)

bornwild
18th September 2007, 09:43 PM
he's in sydney, not melbourne. ;)

and actually, how many machy's in the whole of australia can work on any car that ISNT a commonwhore or a falcoon.
How much do parts cost? well, how long is a piece of string?

This should be written in the Bible or the Qur'An....seriously, it is that true.:)

bornwild
18th September 2007, 09:46 PM
I think you made the right choice mate, the SP23 is a really nice car and should suffice your needs. :)

Kymbo
18th September 2007, 09:48 PM
I think you made the right choice mate, the SP23 is a really nice car and should suffice your needs. :)

Thanks Dude :)

Damn, i wish the mazda forums were like this lol!

Wraith
18th September 2007, 10:12 PM
Hey Guys!

Well - i have a surprise in store - and im not sure you all will like it :(

After the hour and a bit drive up to Concord i found the yard it is in is an importers yard (oh yeah i felt like a kid in a lolly shop! lol). Me and my father dearest had a thorough look over the car and it turns out to be one of the original test cars bought out and put through its paces on Lang Lang proving ground - complete with documentation and log book stamps from there service centre there and also Holden Ltd.

So technically it's not a 1 owner but 2.

The engine did NOT want to start and when it did, it coughed and spluttered for probably 30 odd seconds.

We had the car running for close on 30 min and after turning it off, still would NOT start first turn of the key (usually 3rd or 4th).

The so called 40,000 kms on the dial was actually 49,600 kms (it may not be a big deal for sum but 10,000 ks for me is HEAPS of driving as i only drive about 15 kms to work every day!). The car also showed signs that it wasnt in fact a 40,000 km old car.

The rubbers on the clutch and brake pedals were worn (so much so, they wouldnt pass pinky) and the floor mat had a hole in it from where shoes have rubbed away at it - my car has 36000 kms on it and shows no signs of wear in these places at all!.

And finally, the roof - well it had wear spots where the fabric has started fraying in spots and also discolouration patches where it looks as though water has been soaking into it.

All in all i was very dissapointed with the car and the fact that i drove all the way out there for something that the dealer in fact told me was one of the best he has seen, however when i said no to it proceeded to tell me "well it looks good in the photo's and gets people in".

Now - to my interesting part of the day, seeing as i was in what i would call, Heaven (sorry i know its an opel forum :o ), my mind got to thinking - they want 26k for the Astra, yet the Evo 6 next to it is only another 3k... hmmmm :cool:

so i ended up taking an Evo 6 for a run and i think the Sales guy needs new under garments! It was fun! very fun in fact. It passed my dads standards and i enjoyed every minute of it.

Im still to give them my answer as i said that i would have to discuss it with Hubby first but im thinking a no - i honestly think i might hang on to my car a bit longer - maybe try and put my stereo in it (that i do miss, and the exhaust, and the harsh ride lol) and see how i go.

Im just too wary of losing too much money - especially when we are looking at buying a house in the near future.

Thanks for all your help guys! (and gals if there is any!) and as much as i dont own an opel, i hope u let me stay on as a member here. :angel: ;)

Ok Kym, looks like this ones turned out to be a lemon, not a plum :( definitely let it pass !!!

Sorry to hear this, but as I wrote in my 1st post here, be fussy and be patient, remember TS turbo verts are rare, so you'll have to wait and or hunt around until you find a good one. :)

You may even find a nice black one, as they came in these 2 exterior colours.

As for that salesman saying what he did, how typical, I can never get over how crook used car salespeople are :rolleyes:

And of course your welcome to stay as a member here, (I too am a member of several car forums of which I don't own that specific type of car, it's all about the interest, learning, participation and fun of it all) but more than likely, if you persist you'll will end up with a pristine example of what your after, it's just a matter of time, hence patience ;)

USC
19th September 2007, 12:57 AM
Thanks Dude :)

Damn, i wish the mazda forums were like this lol!

sorry to hear about the car mate.

have you checked out: www.astinagt.com (http://www.astinagt.com)

They are an australian mazda forum basically and the guys there are very helpful and friendly. I used to own a mazda astina :D . I actually miss it!

USC
19th September 2007, 12:59 AM
This should be written in the Bible or the Qur'An....seriously, it is that true.:)

man, you are so funny....
There are good mechanics out there, just need to find them.

Kymbo
19th September 2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks Wraith - yeah ill keep looking and if it comes along then ill be stoked, if it doesnt happen for another year or so then im happy to wait and keep my car until i find a great example :)

USC: thanks for the tip with the mazzie forum! i was on a different one but cant even remember my login - thats how much i visit! :eek: :(

Wraith
19th September 2007, 09:21 AM
Since your still keen on one Kym and I often actually check myself to see what's out there with this particular type of car, I'll keep an eye out and if anything decent shows itself I'll let you know...... ;)

Fingers crossed a good one comes up and it's located in NSW :pray:

SaInT
19th September 2007, 09:58 AM
not sure on what colour pref you are after, as Silver is always the best :P (waits for colour war)
but if your in the gong, then go check this out
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2003-HOLDEN-ASTRA-CONVERITIBLE-TS-MY03-Turbo_W0QQitemZ250164291538QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1022 35QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
not sure how confident you are with buying on ebay. BUt if your inlove with the car worth a shot.

Kymbo
19th September 2007, 10:58 AM
Since your still keen on one Kym and I often actually check myself to see what's out there with this particular type of car, I'll keep an eye out and if anything decent shows itself I'll let you know...... ;)

Fingers crossed a good one comes up and it's located in NSW :pray:

Thanks! Greatly appreciated! ;) :dance:

Kymbo
19th September 2007, 11:00 AM
not sure on what colour pref you are after, as Silver is always the best :P (waits for colour war)
but if your in the gong, then go check this out
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2003-HOLDEN-ASTRA-CONVERITIBLE-TS-MY03-Turbo_W0QQitemZ250164291538QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1022 35QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
not sure how confident you are with buying on ebay. BUt if your inlove with the car worth a shot.

oh yes - i have seen this one on carsales.

Unfortunately, i would need to sell my car first in order to buy privately but will keep my eye open.

Thanks!

Wraith
19th September 2007, 11:03 AM
Good one Saint...... :)

Silver is the best lol, but as I've also said black looks HOT too - it's all up to Kym though with her preference in colour, as long as the interiors red, that's all that matters :) although alot of people prefer the plain black interior....

That one you've posted looks very nice with the 18's and rear spoiler...

Tfer
19th September 2007, 11:54 AM

Sorry to hear this, but glad you checked it out. :)

Of course you are more than welcome to be a member.... tehe, one of our Admin drives an Alfa, another drives a WRX, so it is all good. :)

Calibrated
19th September 2007, 12:28 PM
And if you really want one, you will find one, even if you need to drive a fair distance to find it

isnt that right thomas;)

Tfer
19th September 2007, 12:37 PM
And if you really want one, you will find one, even if you need to drive a fair distance to find it

isnt that right thomas;)

Road Trip!!! :D

Calibrated
19th September 2007, 12:39 PM
Road Trip!!! :D
hehe...

btw kym, thats how i got my cali. thanks to thomas driving me to Tugun to go see it. then Matt (Ginge) lending his veccy to Donna (Dee) so i could pick it up!

OpelAus members are great. So we WILL help you find your Vert! no matter where it is:p

Tfer
19th September 2007, 01:02 PM
hehe...

btw kym, thats how i got my cali. thanks to thomas driving me to Tugun to go see it. then Matt (Ginge) lending his veccy to Donna (Dee) so i could pick it up!

OpelAus members are great. So we WILL help you find your Vert! no matter where it is:p

Couldn't have put it better myself Ashley.... Opelaus members are actually great for helping each other out :cool:

btm
19th September 2007, 01:06 PM
So we WILL help you find your Vert! no matter where it is:p

even tasmania? :D

Tfer
19th September 2007, 01:25 PM
even tasmania? :D

Sure thing! :D

Wraith
19th September 2007, 04:01 PM
hehe...

Yes, that's true, I've helped a fellow Sydney Cali owner in the past by pre-inspecting his Calibra for him before he commited to coming down to Melb. to buy it.

If you come across turbo vert in this neck of the woods, I'll be more than happy to give it a thourough look over for you..... :)