PDA

View Full Version : Very odd tyre puncture...

xplosv57
12th September 2007, 06:25 PM
We do quite a few puncture repairs at my work, most usually are nails, sometimes glass or stones!!

So i was given a puncture repair job, and from the outside, looked like a thick but small piece of metal, but once i pulled the tyre off, a much more peculiar object was revealed...........

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/Steven1740.jpg

How it went through the tyre i still don't know, something myself and my colleagues had never seen before!!!

Scored myself a new (but slightly bent) spanner too!!!

Dee
12th September 2007, 06:26 PM
i'm guessing it was left inside the tyre when fitted....

nice spanner you have there Steve ;)

xplosv57
12th September 2007, 06:33 PM
No the spanner went through the tyre, the end is sticking out the other side (should've taken a pic of that too)!!

The force it went into the tyre bent the spanner then it's somehow gone through the tyre, must've hit it at some speed!!!

Vectracious
12th September 2007, 06:38 PM
Is that a run flat?

xplosv57
12th September 2007, 06:41 PM
Nah it's not Pete, just your regular run of the mill tyre!!

Good for the customer cos they scored the new release Bridgestone Adrenalin tyre, looks like a nice tyre!!

Dee
12th September 2007, 06:41 PM
but but but... that just doesnt make sense steve.....

stupid victorian cars lol

Vectracious
12th September 2007, 06:42 PM

The spanner is chrome - looks like a queensland spanner..... :D

Dee
12th September 2007, 06:43 PM
:eek: ohhhhhhh Pete... thems fighting words!

xplosv57
12th September 2007, 06:52 PM

I know it doesn't make sense, i was as shocked as you are, but i think its pretty cool!!

And watch your mouth ex-victorian!!!

reedaaron
12th September 2007, 07:35 PM
mentioned it to my old man and he said he's seen it before... still wouldn't be too common... was in a 4wd tyre..brand new $300 worth...woulda pissed me right off :p

bornwild
12th September 2007, 08:00 PM
Far out...post it to What The on Rove.

Dee
12th September 2007, 08:22 PM
I know it doesn't make sense, i was as shocked as you are, but i think its pretty cool!!

And watch your mouth ex-victorian!!!

you are right, it is very cool

and shhh, dont tell anyone!

btm
13th September 2007, 10:53 AM
i dont understand how it would get in there... that's nuts!

imay
13th September 2007, 12:26 PM
I've had that very same thing happen to me quite a few years ago . . . though a much smaller spanner (from memory it was only about an 8mm). Through the tread, one end of the spanner sticking out of the tyre. First thing I noticed was a click click noise as I pulled into my driveway at home. Went out later and, of course, a flat tyre. Changed it and took it to the repairers and they handed me a bill for a tube and plug, and a buggered spanner!!!

Skribble
13th September 2007, 12:27 PM
I understand that a car is heavy... and could push a spanner through a tyre.... but the only way I can imagine running over it, is if it is lying on the ground, and if that's the case... how would the tyre have picked it up... unless it extremely unluckily caught the tread somehow.

I can't see how that could have happened unless it was bent, left on the road and run over, still.... that is very very odd.

GreyRex
13th September 2007, 01:10 PM
Maybe it's something we'll never know:eek: :eek: :eek:

btm
13th September 2007, 02:48 PM
Maybe it's something we'll never know:eek: :eek: :eek:

X-Files :D

Skribble
13th September 2007, 09:39 PM
X-Files :D

*the twilight zone theme music*
And fade out.

skulless
13th September 2007, 09:45 PM
1 more...expect the unexpected:D

KID_SRi
15th September 2007, 06:58 PM
I posted a thread about this on ECCA, 1 of the Bloke on there is a Tyre Fitter & he found a Brake Pad.
The worst I've ever had happen was a Regular Eatting Fork going through a Kevlar cased Simex Jungle TrekkerII. And Jungle Trekkers are supposed to literally Bullet Proof to a Certain extent, hence why they're Kevlar Cased to stop Sharp Rock/Tree Roots punturing the Tyre in the Rough Stuff.

Wattie
17th September 2007, 04:43 PM
i'd bet money that t was already bent when it was hit.

unless it was in the rear tyre???
in that case maybe the front tyre flicked it up and went into the back on an angle.