PDA

View Full Version : BMW X6 revealed

GreyRex
12th September 2007, 10:31 AM
Official pictures of the all new BMW X6 have been revealed today. I know it's comprised in it's design, but damn it looks good

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-x6.html

Tfer
12th September 2007, 10:41 AM
Awesome piece of machinery..... not in my price range for now, but awesome! :D

Wraith
12th September 2007, 11:00 AM
mmmm, I'm actually in 2 minds about the look of that this Beemer......dosn't really appeal to me....

btm
12th September 2007, 11:08 AM
i thought it was only a prototype?

GreyRex
12th September 2007, 12:10 PM
i thought it was only a prototype?

Considering the amount of prototype testing and development i've been seeing on the net, I'd say it's pretty much what will be released. Don't know how they've concealed all the pillars behind the windows... looks good though.

USC
12th September 2007, 12:13 PM
looks crap! i dont like 4 wheel drives that look like cars...specially the back....

bornwild
12th September 2007, 01:07 PM
Looks horrible, I agree. Some nice lines but....the entire concept of that car is just shitting me to tears.

GreyRex
12th September 2007, 02:45 PM
I think I like it because it's so different

Vectracious
12th September 2007, 02:48 PM
WOuldn't call it ugly, but something's not right about it, especially the back part.. can't put my finger on it.

But then again, looks better than the crappy box shape most SUV's have.

USC
12th September 2007, 03:42 PM
WOuldn't call it ugly, but something's not right about it, especially the back part.. can't put my finger on it.

But then again, looks better than the crappy box shape most SUV's have.

I would much rather have a land rover.

these wanna-be cars SUV/4 wheel drives suck bad.

Vectracious
12th September 2007, 03:45 PM
I would much rather have a land rover.

these wanna-be cars SUV/4 wheel drives suck bad.

Land Rover is a real 4WD. I wouldn't put it int he same league as road going SUV's.

bornwild
12th September 2007, 03:48 PM
Only reason manufacturers are building SUV's is because the fat american arses love them. Profiteering on a fat arse....why not...heh :)

miss beckie
12th September 2007, 03:48 PM
hehehe, it looks like it's sticking its bum up in the air *giggles*
Not a fan of it....

btm
12th September 2007, 03:49 PM
i love it, looks awesome in black

USC
12th September 2007, 04:22 PM
apparently its a hybrid....very interesting.....
i will call it BMW U-FAT ASS GLI

btm
12th September 2007, 04:33 PM
signs from within BMW are that its latest model will be fitted with the German car maker’s 373kW 5.0-litre V10 engine from the BMW M5 to provide the German car maker with a rapid new 4WD flagship.

now that could be interesting too...

xplosv57
12th September 2007, 06:14 PM
The X6 is a definite for production, saw the pics a few days ago, it doesn't look too bad, but not sure how big it's gonna be, the X5 is already big enough!!!

The V10 would be unreal in the X6, but they're gonna have to build some monster brakes to pull up 2 tonne+ !!!! The V8 and a diesel (twin turbo please!!) should be alright for the 4wd!!!

USC
13th September 2007, 12:01 AM
is BMW dropping the X5??

too many 4 wheel drives now..X3, X5 and now X6???

series 1, 3 and 5 are cool but none of the 3 4 wheel drives are real ones..so whats the point??

EL BURITO
13th September 2007, 12:15 AM
is BMW dropping the X5??

too many 4 wheel drives now..X3, X5 and now X6???

series 1, 3 and 5 are cool but none of the 3 4 wheel drives are real ones..so whats the point??
cos people will still buy them for there big American asses

is rather ugly thou

Skribble
13th September 2007, 01:00 AM
Specifically this picture -
http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=4945&idg=1&idi=1

It looks like a buggy, r/c or something. And it also looks cartoonish, drawn out of perspective... funny looking thing.

The future of cars maybe?

oneightoo
13th September 2007, 07:08 AM
it looks wanky..

Red AH SRI T
13th September 2007, 08:30 AM
If BMW has so much money that they really wanted to just throw millions of Euros down the toilet, why didn't they just transfer them into my bank account instead?

btm
13th September 2007, 10:03 AM
it looks wanky..

its a beemer cross over... what else would you expect :p

xplosv57
13th September 2007, 06:29 PM
Ahh the amount of people that criticised the 2001 7 Series when it was released with it's new styling, so many people condemed it, saying it was the end for BMW!!

Now the whole range looks the same, and they're selling like hotcakes!!

Studying the X6 pcis earlier today, i can see it selling well, it's sporty styling makes more sense than an off road look, seeing as most BMW 4wd's never see dirt in it's lifetime!!

USC
13th September 2007, 09:27 PM
Ahh the amount of people that criticised the 2001 7 Series when it was released with it's new styling, so many people condemed it, saying it was the end for BMW!!

Now the whole range looks the same, and they're selling like hotcakes!!

Studying the X6 pcis earlier today, i can see it selling well, it's sporty styling makes more sense than an off road look, seeing as most BMW 4wd's never see dirt in it's lifetime!!

That weird back started with the lexus 4wheel drive, followed by porsches, and now BMW!!

skulless
13th September 2007, 09:41 PM
i think they are hot. doesnt look like a typical 4wd drive but looks very hot.

USC
13th September 2007, 11:36 PM
i think they are hot. doesnt look like a typical 4wd drive but looks very hot.

you really are "skulless" .....hahahaha

It doesnt look spectacular. Im very sick of all BMW`s having the same front! they arent innovative enough!

btm
14th September 2007, 09:45 AM
Im very sick of all BMW`s having the same front! they arent innovative enough!

if it aint broke......

reedaaron
14th September 2007, 10:56 AM
good point btm :D

xplosv57
14th September 2007, 06:21 PM
....they arent innovative enough!

You're kidding me right????????????

They are probably the most innovative company out there, the amount of things they have designed for cars over the years is huge, alot of technology in our cars today originate from some BMW design!!!!!!!

Hackstra
17th September 2007, 06:28 PM
cant say i like it, they should drop that car and make it the new M6, replace the ugly thing that currently holds the badge

xplosv57
17th September 2007, 07:15 PM
cant say i like it, they should drop that car and make it the new M6, replace the ugly thing that currently holds the badge

????????? i'm confused..........

btm
18th September 2007, 09:59 AM
i love the M6... its on my wish list

Hackstra
18th September 2007, 10:23 AM
i was saying i think the M6 is quite ugly, ie the front lights etc and the taxi style boot, they should use that X6 body and make it the new M6...if i were to have a BMW i think the 2008 M3 CSL would be my pick

USC
18th September 2007, 10:26 AM
i love the M6... its on my wish list

good on you mate.

USC
18th September 2007, 10:27 AM

They are probably the most innovative company out there, the amount of things they have designed for cars over the years is huge, alot of technology in our cars today originate from some BMW design!!!!!!!

and why do all BMW look the same? I wasnt talking about technology here but about body designs.

xplosv57
18th September 2007, 06:44 PM
Well most companies out there keep the same design principles throughout their range, so you can identify the brand regardless of what model it is!!

Actually pretty much all the top end brands keep their cars looking similar, not just BMW!!

bornwild
18th September 2007, 06:55 PM
Their cars don't look similar at all. All the cars in the BMW range have a distinctively different look with the same DNA.

In saying that, this X6 is horseshit as is the 6 series and 7 series.

bornwild
18th September 2007, 06:56 PM

Such as.....?

Only one I can think of is flame surfacing, which started out with the 5-series.

oneightoo
19th September 2007, 10:23 AM
i thought the merc s-class was where every gadget and frilly bit originated from..

Tfer
19th September 2007, 10:33 AM
Nup.... still love this thing :)

As for the front end looking the same as all other Beemers.... of course it should. Audi, Porsche, VW, Mercedes, etc all do it..... family resemblance is the key to people upgrading from one model to the next.

And whilst I too love the Landrover and think the Range Rover is hot hot hot (sport version).... I love the tough, non offroad, look of this Beemer... hell I would be the first to admit that I would buy a 4WD and not take it off road (been there done that), so this is why this Beemer would appeal to me.

Bring it on. :)

xplosv57
20th September 2007, 06:34 PM
Can't wait till this X6 is released, especially if the rumours about the stonker motors going into them are true!!!!!!!!

Such as.....?

Only one I can think of is flame surfacing, which started out with the 5-series.

Funny you ask cos i just recieved a book about BMW innovations for 2007, mentions things like EfficientDynamics, VANOS, Valvetronic, 50:50 balance, xDrive, DynamicDrive, Active steering, Adaptive headlights, sun reflective technology and a list of other stuff too and that list is just for current '07 models.........

bornwild
20th September 2007, 06:59 PM
Weren't we talking in terms of design innovation?

ps. 50:50 balance invented by BMW....that's a joke

xplosv57
20th September 2007, 07:15 PM
Eh meh oh well..................

Can't wait for the X6, should be a bit of a monster!!!!

USC
20th September 2007, 10:03 PM
Eh meh oh well..................

Can't wait for the X6, should be a bit of a monster!!!!

a huge monster pile of poo.

btm
21st September 2007, 09:45 AM
each to their own!

i like it :)

USC
21st September 2007, 09:45 AM
each to their own!

i like it :)

u like poo?

btm
21st September 2007, 01:32 PM
u like poo?

y e s

USC
21st September 2007, 03:33 PM
y e s

:eek:..hmmm....

btm
21st September 2007, 04:13 PM
i was merely replying a stupid answer to a stupid question ;)

USC
21st September 2007, 04:25 PM
i was merely replying a stupid answer to a stupid question ;)

i was also reacting stupidly to a stupid comment :D

xplosv57
21st September 2007, 06:27 PM
I think it looks good, i guess it's not for everyone though, i personally don't reckon it looks like poo!!!

Plus the sound of a rumoured 4.8l V8 with two turbos strapped onto it, it's gonna go like a gunshot!!!!

bornwild
21st September 2007, 06:44 PM
I heard it's gonna have a V12 with 6 turbos and 1000kw.....:D

xplosv57
21st September 2007, 07:08 PM
I heard it's gonna have a V12 with 6 turbos and 1000kw.....:D

You're a dick......

USC
21st September 2007, 10:52 PM
I think it looks good, i guess it's not for everyone though, i personally don't reckon it looks like poo!!!

Plus the sound of a rumoured 4.8l V8 with two turbos strapped onto it, it's gonna go like a gunshot!!!!

and drink like a drunkard...

Greg K
22nd September 2007, 08:49 AM
and drink like a drunkard...

i suppose that it if you can afford one, then fuel may not be a major issue...

each to their own though...and everyone is entitled to their own opinion here.. but its just a car... so why is it that we try and put down people for their opinions just because people dont share the same opinion... my 2c

USC
22nd September 2007, 09:53 AM
i suppose that it if you can afford one, then fuel may not be a major issue...

each to their own though...and everyone is entitled to their own opinion here.. but its just a car... so why is it that we try and put down people for their opinions just because people dont share the same opinion... my 2c

I think people should also be a bit more conscious about the environment and the consequence of driving such a car over a few years. its not just about affordability but also about caring for others.

Greg K
23rd September 2007, 04:42 PM
I think people should also be a bit more conscious about the environment and the consequence of driving such a car over a few years. its not just about affordability but also about caring for others.

thats a fair call mate, but that isnt going to stop manufacuters from producing them and from people buying them, unfortunately.

but then again, there is an eco-friendly variant as well (in the link on page 1)..... and you never know whether the petrol variant is more environmentally friendly than cars produced less than 10years ago.... its hard to make a statement like that without knowing the full facts.

at the end of the day, if its going to be produced... then someone will buy it.