PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Opel/Saturn Astra

SIMid
9th September 2007, 09:54 PM
Concept pics I came across.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/revitalization/Astra%20RL%20Exterior.jpg
http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/revitalization/Astra%20RL%204-Door%20Exterior.jpg

USC
9th September 2007, 10:17 PM
hatch looks hot but sedan looks rubbish.

bornwild
9th September 2007, 10:49 PM
Both of them touched up photoshops of current model.

EL BURITO
9th September 2007, 11:26 PM
well its a Corsa D/VE/Astra H thing

imay
10th September 2007, 07:57 AM
Hatch looks like a Mazda 3 with a body kit. Sedan looks like it uses Chrysler Neon tail lights from the spare parts bin.

DirtyHarry
10th September 2007, 08:29 AM
seems like more and more cars are reducing the amount of "glass" and "viewing" area in cars these days.
seems like body panels are cheaper than glass :-)
im quite astounded by the lack of side rear vision on the astra AH 3 door models.

Wraith
10th September 2007, 09:17 AM
Not bad, hatch top half is same as current model....

Sedan reminds me of new BMW 1 series....

I wonder if we'll see new models like this in Oz, they may go to the U.S only as Saturns ??

CJB
10th September 2007, 10:50 PM
seems like more and more cars are reducing the amount of "glass" and "viewing" area in cars these days.
seems like body panels are cheaper than glass :-)
im quite astounded by the lack of side rear vision on the astra AH 3 door models.
I think the rear vision is ok in the hatch - u get use to it real quick, what you can't see out the back, you can see in your mirrors...

I like it a lot, the hatch that is - very Fiat Punto at the front I think, looks tough with the headlights too.

oneightoo
11th September 2007, 06:57 AM
looks front heavy in the pic..

btm
11th September 2007, 10:11 AM
i like the rims :rolleyes:

Red AH SRI T
11th September 2007, 11:24 AM
just a chop, glad the real thing wont look anything like that!

CJB
12th September 2007, 07:53 AM
what will it look like?

Red AH SRI T
13th September 2007, 08:33 AM
your mum :p

Skribble
13th September 2007, 12:29 PM
your mum :p

Lol, what a classic.

As for the car... I just don't like where cars are heading these days... I just don't get it at all.

rjastra
13th September 2007, 01:12 PM
As for the car... I just don't like where cars are heading these days... I just don't get it at all.

This has been said every decade I can remember. Change is good.

imay
13th September 2007, 03:29 PM
This has been said every decade I can remember. Change is good.

True! I really didn't like the look of the current Astra when I first saw the "concept" pix either. Gradually grew on me the more pix I saw. Then saw my first one in the metal and really didn't like it . . . again! Now I'm starting to warm to the total change in styling direction from the G to the H, specially the Coupe.

The biggest problem I have with current styling trends is the designers/manufacturers make their entire range look so similar (but, of course, in the most part the components are NOT interchangeable, adding to our expense come repair time). Opel Corsa, Astra, Vectra, Zafira , etc. all have similar styling lines, with Commodore picking up on the "GM styling theme" as well.
Ford are the same with Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo and probably the next model Falcon following the same theme. Peugeot, Mazda are just 2 more manufacturers that carry the "corporate/brand" front and rear styling to extremes.
Goes even further: For the man-in-the-street, at a glance try picking the different models of exotics such as Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Porsche, etc. They make it bloody hard to tell whats what.

btm
14th September 2007, 12:04 PM
Now I'm starting to warm to the total change in styling direction from the G to the H, specially the Coupe.

i'm still not a fan of the 5 door H... but 3 door H looks hawt with a bodykit and rims