PDA

View Full Version : An 'oldie' newby...

GlenC
5th September 2007, 08:50 PM
Hi all,

I'm Glen, and I'm new to the forum (d'oh) but certainly not new to modified cars. I've been invited along by Ash from the Qld forum to discuss the idea I'm pushing for a motorsports precinct for the Gold Coast where drivers of all ages can take their cars and safely and legally have a bit of fun without disturbing the neighbours, running over the cat, or upsetting the authorities.

I've been involved in modfied cars since the 60's, and I currently drive an English Triumph 2500S sedan, a bright red one cause they go faster!

(Nah, it's modified too, big cam, head, uprated carbs, electronic ignition, sports exhaust, and the heaviest shocks, springs and swaybars I could find to fit her.)

Cheers, Glen.

Greggy
5th September 2007, 09:25 PM
I've been involved in modfied cars since the 60's, and I currently drive an English Triumph 2500S sedan, a bright red one cause they go faster!

(Nah, it's modified too, big cam, head, uprated carbs, electronic ignition, sports exhaust, and the heaviest shocks, springs and swaybars I could find to fit her.)

Cheers, Glen.

Welcome along Glen !! - Enjoy yr stay !!

I saw the words English & triumph 2500 and nearly wet myself ;) - what a classic bit of UK engineering that (Being a thirty someting brit an all that) !!

Something similar too ?? :-

http://www.t2000register.org.uk/Trimffpics/michaelellis.jpg

Tfer
6th September 2007, 01:42 PM
Welcome to Opelaus Glen... enjoy your time here :)

GlenC
6th September 2007, 06:38 PM
Welcome along Glen !! - Enjoy yr stay !!

I saw the words English & triumph 2500 and nearly wet myself ;) - what a classic bit of UK engineering that (Being a thirty someting brit an all that) !!

Something similar too ?? :-

http://www.t2000register.org.uk/Trimffpics/michaelellis.jpg

Yeah Greggy, that's her.... Except mine's been resprayed in SS Commodore red, which is the 'same colour' but a much 'brighter' Ferrari red if you know what I mean. I've also had the factory mags restored and installed a set of mint off white vinyl seats from an earlier TC sedan.

Cheers, Glen.

PaulyJ
6th September 2007, 08:46 PM
Glen, that does sound like a good idea.
What exactly is it that you are trying to achieve? A whole new motorsport venue, or a weekly/monthly event at a pre-existing venue?
There's a bloke in Victoria trying to campaign for a motorsport venue to be built in the Cranbourne (South East Victoria) area, as there is nothing for enthusiasts there. His main points of argument from what I remember are:

Keeps illegal speeding off the streets
Supports legalised motorsport
Caters for motorsport enthusiasts in that part of Victoria.He's been petitioning for years, but only now is starting to get noticed seriously. If this is something like what you're trying to achieve, I can get his details for you if you want to have a chat. If you want OA support, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to help you out.

Let us know how you go.
All the best,

Paul

GlenC
8th September 2007, 11:12 AM
Paul, thanks for the imput, all my notes to date are in the Qld forum...

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=251249#post251249

I'm starting to get positive feedback from the politicians, so here's hoping!

Yeah, contact details for the Victorian bloke would be good, thank you.

Cheers, Glen.

Dav SRi
12th September 2007, 05:06 PM
Welcome Glen