PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ~ Astra TS Classic - Sydney

Skribble
3rd September 2007, 11:40 PM
Hey Guys,

New guy here with an '05 Astra TS Classic.
Had the chance to upgrade/trade for an '03 Astra SRi a couple of weeks ago, but found it kind of gutless in comparison, then again it wasn't turboed. I was just expecting a bigger kick from a 2 door 2.2 litre. Anywho.

Havn't done much to my car yet, just audio so far. I've got Pioneer head unit, Pioneer 6"s in the front doors, and a Coustic 400w (RMS) running a 1000w (peak) Xplod' 10" in the back.

Basically there's alot I want to do to the car and look foward to joining a community just in love with the astra's, and other opel designed line of awesome cars.

Wanted Mods:
K&N Power Filter
Some nice 17" Wheels
A simple body kit.
Smooth the boot.
Colour code the whole car.
New front grill (blank, or with opel badge)
Opel badge on the rear.
New leds throughout to change the color of the lights... maybe blue.
New guages etc.

Any recomendations on any other mods I might be interested in. Specifically engine mods that improve economy, power and basic engine quality.

The Car as is now...
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3282/fullcarcn6.png

Into the car...
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2060/intocarta1.jpg

Dash with Pioneer head unit...
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8590/dashmu9.png

So yeah, Hi to everyone. Oh and anyone around on the Northern Beaches?

EL BURITO
4th September 2007, 12:16 AM
Hi mate, and welcome your in the right place

4-2-1 extractors with a cat back exhaust will give you a little as well as a Re- map of the ECU software. should get a bit more of a kick

Skribble
4th September 2007, 12:40 AM
I'm not a huge fan of extractors... if I did it would be later when I've got more power.

But remapping the ECU sounds interesting, is it hard? Any tuts anywhere on how to do it.

EL BURITO
4th September 2007, 12:42 AM
I am not sure who the person in NSW is (they are a member on here). you buy the file off them, they come over and load it into your car. instant gain.

Skribble
4th September 2007, 01:00 AM
Awesome, thanks for that. I'll have to find them, and the cost... haha.

BTW Just checked out your car, looks awesome, love the wheels and the interior especially.

And the coustic amp, haha.
What you've done is close to what I'm planning on doing, clean and simple but sexy as all **** buggery.

EL BURITO
4th September 2007, 01:02 AM
thanks mate

lol coustic amp lives in my room now, should get rid of it one of these days. Whole system runs off a Alpine PDX4-150 now

Skribble
4th September 2007, 01:15 AM
I've always been a fan of alpine, but I couldn't pass up the coustic for brand new $80... RRP is like $219 so yeah.

Where on the forum are details for cruises.

EL BURITO
4th September 2007, 01:20 AM
I've always been a fan of alpine, but I couldn't pass up the coustic for brand new $80... RRP is like $219 so yeah.

Where on the forum are details for cruises.
dont blame you it is a alright unit and suited its purpose as did the JL e4300, mate use to work at JB's so got alot of my stuff for cost also.

Skribble
4th September 2007, 01:39 AM
Haha, yeah, gotta love JB... I was told the cost of the Coustic was $129, but then went there and a guy who didn't know what he was doing is like, is $90 an ok price I'm like, could you do $80, he's like yeah sure, haha.

How did you find the JL stuff... I've heard it's the shit from so many people... really top stuff.

EL BURITO
4th September 2007, 01:43 AM
It was great but my front speakers are rated for 90wrms and i was bridging the e4300 to run it and having both amps in the boot was a pain then i got the new deck and cos that has a additional box u have to hide some thing has to go. the amp was a great little thing, thats why i have not got rid of it and still had a few offeres from mates for it.

btm
4th September 2007, 08:16 AM
welcome to the site :)

PaulyJ
4th September 2007, 10:18 PM
Welcome to OA
Post up some pics of what you've done already.

Dav SRi
12th September 2007, 05:10 PM
Welcome and have fun

Skribble
13th September 2007, 12:55 AM
I've got some pics, I'll try get them up tonight, thanks for the welcomings guys.

The pics are up... nothing special, I'll take some glamour shots soon. And at least one shot of my boot... it's not a massive sound system or anything, but I'm so proud of my neat wiring... :D