PDA

View Full Version : New alternator for Zafira........holy crap

madmonaro
3rd September 2007, 11:03 AM
Hi Guys, just asked for a price on a new alternator for my 2002 Zafira from Holden.........quote was$1250.00:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: can any one recommend where i can get a reconditioned one or a new none genuine one.

Many thanks in advance

MK
3rd September 2007, 11:26 AM
dont Zafiras have the same engine as Astra G ?

madmonaro
3rd September 2007, 11:34 AM
yes a 2.2ltre

Huhness
3rd September 2007, 11:41 AM
Bullshit... I'm up for one of these soon! I been told mine is on its way out.. don'ts keep a steady voltage at all..

digifish
3rd September 2007, 12:31 PM
Hi Guys, just asked for a price on a new alternator for my 2002 Zafira from Holden.........quote was$1250.00:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: can any one recommend where i can get a reconditioned one or a new none genuine one.

Many thanks in advance

You could also get it rebuilt. It's likely to be some basic components. It's also likely to be a fairly srandard Bosch unit. I'd drop into an auto-electrician and tell him your tale of woe.

digifish.

DirtyHarry
3rd September 2007, 12:59 PM
usually on alternator its those 2 magnetic contact which get worn out.
on my celica years ago i went to my local asian auto parts place, picked up a replacement contact for i think around $15 and 10 minutes later it was like driving a ferrari with 6 turbos

digifish
3rd September 2007, 01:02 PM
usually on alternator its those 2 magnetic contact which get worn out.
on my celica years ago i went to my local asian auto parts place, picked up a replacement contact for i think around $15 and 10 minutes later it was like driving a ferrari with 6 turbos

Hmmm...10 minutes to pull and alternator, replace the brushes and put it back...tell him he's dreaming :)

I agree tho.

While you are there you can also replace the alternator bearings, fan-belt and check any associated pulleys etc.

digifish.

DirtyHarry
3rd September 2007, 03:40 PM
my 10 minute referal was in regards to the celica, as i could reach in and take the bushes out without taking the alternator off.

madmonaro
3rd September 2007, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all the feedback i appreciate it, seems like all Opel cars are extremely expensive on parts, will stick to the local products i think.:)

low astra
3rd September 2007, 05:35 PM
i have a alternator of a 1.8l astra that i believe to be in good condition sitting at home, if anyone is after one,

does the 2.2l have the same alternator as the 1.8l?

DirtyHarry
4th September 2007, 08:29 AM
lets check out the EPC :-)