PDA

View Full Version : Warranty related question.

jsantos
30th August 2007, 05:28 PM
Background info-- My car currently has 5000 odd k's on it and on monday it took about 5 goes to start it and today it took two so i've decided somethings not right and booked it in to get checked out. My question--- Despite the fact it is under warranty, tf they don't find anything wrong with it, are they entitled to charge me for their time? I'm also going to get them to look at a squeaky tail light. (It squeaks when a bit of pressure is put on the boot lip) Is this something that the warranty should cover? Thanks for your help

btm
30th August 2007, 05:34 PM
should all be free of charge - just make sure when you book it in, that is all to be checked under warranty

kaoshunter
30th August 2007, 05:36 PM
Background info-- My car currently has 5000 odd k's on it and on monday it took about 5 goes to start it and today it took two so i've decided somethings not right and booked it in to get checked out. My question--- Despite the fact it is under warranty, tf they don't find anything wrong with it, are they entitled to charge me for their time? I'm also going to get them to look at a squeaky tail light. (It squeaks when a bit of pressure is put on the boot lip) Is this something that the warranty should cover? Thanks for your help

Sounds like the same problem we had with our astra, it ended up being the transponder in the keys were corrupted, take both your keys with you and have them recoded

jsantos
30th August 2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the fast responses

jsantos
30th August 2007, 08:30 PM
kaoshunter -- did they cover that under the warranty?

kaoshunter
30th August 2007, 09:27 PM
yes it was covered, anything that happens to the internal working of the car are covered by warranty unless they can prove otherwise

jsantos
31st August 2007, 05:32 PM
Just thought i'd mention the resolution. Kaoshunter was correct. It was the same problem as he had. They also fixed the tail light squeak up no worries. So it's all good now All covered under warranty, and they washed it so i'm quite happy atm. Shameless plug here however i feel obliged to mention i bought it from and go to Barry Smith Holden on pennant hills road. Have always had happy dealings with them.

Ishley
1st September 2007, 12:09 PM
I too had the same problem as both of you. It wa the transponder, and it was covered under warranty