PDA

View Full Version : blemishes on new car - what to do?

trinijy
30th August 2007, 04:45 PM
Taking my new Astra out last weekend for only my second drive in it, I noticed a 5cm long paint blemish on the driver side A pillar, and on further inspection also found a small mark on top of the driver door edge. On top of this there is a 3cm scuff mark on one of the plastic roof rails (which I noticed at pickup inspection but thought it was glue residual and I could get it off later).

Now I'm taking it back to service and see what they say. I'm quite certain these marks have been there when I picked the car up (yeh I know the dealer could just claim ignorance).

So what can I expect from them? Assuming they'll probably touch up/polish the paint blemishes, can I also expect the plastic rail to be replaced for free?

Errgh if only I had been more thorough at collection.

Huhness
30th August 2007, 04:50 PM
Depends on the dealer most will just give you a pat on the back and send you home..

btm
30th August 2007, 04:52 PM
Depends on the dealer most will just give you a pat on the back and send you home..

unfortunatley, this will most likely be the case (in fact you'd be lucky to get the pat on the back)

ope126
30th August 2007, 05:21 PM
It's a Holden / Opel...Get used to imperfections! :mad:

bornwild
30th August 2007, 08:05 PM
Depends on how you talk your way through it.

bill142
30th August 2007, 08:08 PM
sell it and buy a new one.

USC
30th August 2007, 10:12 PM
sell it and buy a new one.

that is the most stupid comment I have seen so far. This guy is in pain, so thats not gona help!

Regarding paint blemish, Holden should fix it under warranty. Speak to Hoden Assist and advise them that you are going to take it to a dealer for inspection and repainting. They should fix that mark on the door at the same time. I have had paint work done under warranty b4.

Re: scratch on roof rail: I doubt they will fix that one...they might offer to touch up and polish them. Is it painted? if so, u can speak to holden and they will might offer to paint it for a little extra.

Hope all goes well for you mate. good luck. dont stress as they HAVE to fix the paint blemish. just get the scratch on the roof trim fixed out of your own pocket as it wont be much...$100 at the most...depending on how bad it is.

trinijy
30th August 2007, 10:26 PM
that is the most stupid comment I have seen so far. This guy is in pain, so thats not gona help!

Regarding paint blemish, Holden should fix it under warranty. Speak to Hoden Assist and advise them that you are going to take it to a dealer for inspection and repainting. They should fix that mark on the door at the same time. I have had paint work done under warranty b4.

Re: scratch on roof rail: I doubt they will fix that one...they might offer to touch up and polish them. Is it painted? if so, u can speak to holden and they will might offer to paint it for a little extra.

Hope all goes well for you mate. good luck. dont stress as they HAVE to fix the paint blemish. just get the scratch on the roof trim fixed out of your own pocket as it wont be much...$100 at the most...depending on how bad it is.

Thanks mate for the advice. Hope Holden Assist will be of help too. I'll probably live with the mark on the plastic if they won't do anything.

maloo97
30th August 2007, 11:58 PM
You should be ok. I had the same prob back in the day when i first picked up my ts astra. Booked it in and all done. No hassle.

USC
31st August 2007, 12:21 AM
Thanks mate for the advice. Hope Holden Assist will be of help too. I'll probably live with the mark on the plastic if they won't do anything.

No problem mate. The scratch on the plastic should be an easy fix though..so try insist for them to do it under warranty. If they ask if you tried to fit a roof rack, say NO...well I am assuming you havent.

bill142
31st August 2007, 06:53 PM

I was being sarcastic.

xplosv57
31st August 2007, 07:12 PM
Take it back, simple as that, you're a customer and they should be happy to sort it out for you!!! Go to your salesman and get him/her to sort it out, they'll then give it to their detailing dept to fix it all!!!