PDA

View Full Version : red light cameras?

Lucky_Astra06
30th August 2007, 11:43 AM
Got this email @ work, wanted 2 know if any1 else heard about it???

NSW getting new cameras??
Apparently hix electrical are making all red light cameras in NSW SPEED cameras as well... so if you speed up to get through the orange you will get booked for speeding...

Calibrated
30th August 2007, 11:53 AM
We've had that in South Africa for years..Speed and Red Light.
it sucks, but they are fixed, so if you know the area, then you obviously obey.

btm
30th August 2007, 12:05 PM
i have not heard this... wouldnt they have to change all the signs before the intersections before they can just make it a speed camera too?

EL BURITO
30th August 2007, 12:07 PM
all red light cameras get your speed thou if u run the red

bornwild
30th August 2007, 12:08 PM
Those mother****ing ****s want more ****ing money, greedy ****ers can't they just let it be for ****s sake. What the **** are we meant to do? Hit a pole while looking at our ****ing tacho? Like seriously, this is one thing that pisses me off more than anything....FFS

Huhness
30th August 2007, 12:24 PM
Those mother****ing ****s want more ****ing money, greedy ****ers can't they just let it be for ****s sake. What the **** are we meant to do? Hit a pole while looking at our ****ing tacho? Like seriously, this is one thing that pisses me off more than anything....FFS
Yea what ****s!

DirtyHarry
30th August 2007, 12:34 PM
there was some talk about this subject in the media however i think it was only talk.

btm
30th August 2007, 12:54 PM

now that's what i call venting :D

i do agree with you though!

Dee
30th August 2007, 02:14 PM
they've had that in Vic for a while now - and yes, all of the intersections are signed appropriately

btm
30th August 2007, 02:22 PM
come to think of it... when i'm coming up to a red light camera my GPS unit beeps and also shows the legal speed limit too...

USC
30th August 2007, 02:24 PM
I dont think red light cameras or speed cameras save lifes....they make more money for the cops and government for sure though....

imay
30th August 2007, 02:27 PM
A good driver should be able to constantly read traffic conditions and situations, be able to reasonably accurately guesstimate his current road speed without the need to constantly monitor the speedo, be aware of what is happening around him/her, and always be in a state of readiness to react to any given situation, including a "sudden" change to amber that so many feel the need to speed through.
It's not a game out their guys. Driving is a serious business that can have disastrous results if you are not a good driver, driving amongst other good drivers.

As I have said many times before on these topics:
Do the crime, pay the fine.
Traffic fines = tax. A tax that I don't contribute to, yet still enjoy my driving experiences.
Driving is a privilege, not a right. Don't abuse it.

My 2 cents on this topic . . . again!

Shaun
30th August 2007, 02:43 PM
Got this email @ work, wanted 2 know if any1 else heard about it???

NSW getting new cameras??
Apparently hix electrical are making all red light cameras in NSW SPEED cameras as well... so if you speed up to get through the orange you will get booked for speeding...

Nothing New. Canberra has had them for years.

oneightoo
30th August 2007, 02:52 PM
um, dont speed?? simple yeah??

if you want to contribute to the "revenue raising cameras" then dont speed and stop at reds..

btm
30th August 2007, 03:01 PM
so just to confirm... its only if you run the red that it will take your speed... no other time? right?

EL BURITO
30th August 2007, 03:44 PM
so just to confirm... its only if you run the red that it will take your speed... no other time? right?
if its like the ones in WA

Shaun
30th August 2007, 06:27 PM
um, dont speed?? simple yeah??

if you want to contribute to the "revenue raising cameras" then dont speed and stop at reds..

Exactly my thoughts....

Alix
30th August 2007, 08:39 PM

If it's like the Canberra ones - No. It'll ping you for speeding anytime.

The Canberra ones track your speed as you cross the sensors in the road that trigger the lights - there's a second set put in just over the white line, speed is calculated from the time difference between you passing both.

OPC
30th August 2007, 10:55 PM
ok this is cut and dry... dont speed... now that wasn't so hard was it ?

jerrypufflewell
30th August 2007, 11:10 PM
ok this is cut and dry... dont speed... now that wasn't so hard was it ?

It seems to be with some people :p

Totally agree with Imay on this one.