PDA

View Full Version : General Maintenance Section

PRC33Y
14th June 2004, 11:58 AM
Hi All just want to know is this is a good idea or not.

A maintenance section for all the Opel's that want to keep their car looking the best. IE. What polishes, waxes, washes products are the best.

Cheers

mr_astra_retired
14th June 2004, 12:50 PM
Maybe just a sticky thread in general could be a idea .

YuSuF
14th June 2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah why not? sounds good.

Anonymous
14th June 2004, 04:15 PM
Everyone Knows what Car Care Products are Best, If not they Think they know.
Theres about 5 threads Covering All Car Care Topics.

PRC33Y
14th June 2004, 06:25 PM
Well why shouldnt it become a section????

There is no reason that it shouldnt.

Everyone here has invested a fair bit of money and would definately want the right advice.

When you think about it. The exterior is what everyone sees when you are driving. Not the ICE

It shouldnt just be about what to use but how to use it also.

Cheers

The Sentinel
14th June 2004, 06:27 PM
Sounds like a good idea.
Saves one from having to dig through the threads.

__Smudge__
15th June 2004, 09:56 AM
Care care/cleaning is a personal thing.............you can listen to all the advice in the world but there are no rules as to the products you should use..........i.e. you could try 5 different shampoos that have been mentoned here but wouldn't you try a similar amount yourself to find the best for your car!?! You know the best is going to be the most expensive anyway. :roll:

Anonymous
15th June 2004, 12:43 PM
i reckon a thread (or sticky) placed in the how to's is sufficient enough, u shouldn't need to go searching for it as long as everyone keeps it in the same thread....

anicorsa
15th June 2004, 12:53 PM
i reckon a thread (or sticky) placed in the how to's is sufficient enough, u shouldn't need to go searching for it as long as everyone keeps it in the same thread....

Yeah, just put it in the How-to section.

RK
15th June 2004, 01:19 PM
Yeah. How-To section covers it. I dont think it needs its own.

Chux
15th June 2004, 01:49 PM
We have a car care section on ozaudi.com, it's sposored by eclipse detailing supplies who sell all different types of high quality products, several different brands. The sponsor acknowledges that there are a lot of good products out there besides the stuff he sells (P21S, Zaino, Klasse etc etc) and offers good advice like using the same brand wash, polish and wax if possible as they tend to work the best together.

He also offers advice on how to apply and remove the products. Pretty good idea actually, lots of people were keen to claybar their car but weren't exactly sure how to do it, he's holding an information/demo evening soon to show how to go through the whole process of detailing your car. We will be doing 3 bonnets with 3 different product ranges to see the difference (if there is any)

here's the details if anyone is interested in coming along :-)

http://www.ozaudi.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1467

RK
15th June 2004, 03:11 PM
i was just gonna ask you about this. i think its posted somewhere in the NSW section.

anicorsa
15th June 2004, 04:11 PM
We have a car care section on ozaudi.com, it's sposored by eclipse detailing supplies who sell all different types of high quality products, several different brands. The sponsor acknowledges that there are a lot of good products out there besides the stuff he sells (P21S, Zaino, Klasse etc etc) and offers good advice like using the same brand wash, polish and wax if possible as they tend to work the best together.

He also offers advice on how to apply and remove the products. Pretty good idea actually, lots of people were keen to claybar their car but weren't exactly sure how to do it, he's holding an information/demo evening soon to show how to go through the whole process of detailing your car. We will be doing 3 bonnets with 3 different product ranges to see the difference (if there is any)

here's the details if anyone is interested in coming along :-)

http://www.ozaudi.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1467

Thats pretty full-on...

But i like it.. :)

corsaboy
24th June 2004, 01:03 PM
Sounds good :)

Degen-Astra
24th June 2004, 06:17 PM
I know a few sites that have a Detailing section on thier forum. :mrgreen:

sunny
24th June 2004, 09:45 PM
why not just make stickies on the how to section