PDA

View Full Version : K & N

ZC_74
29th August 2007, 10:14 AM
Hey all

Just wanted to share an experience.

I just received my K&N filter from the UK today. I ended up buying off ebay because everytime I went to Autobarn or Supercheap, Iwas getting quotes nudging $160. One guy even said it could take up to 6 weeks.
Some of you will probably say you should have gone here.... but oh well.

Anyway, I ended up using a seller off ebay. I have to say that the shipping was outstanding. I paid last week, had a confirmation of payment through paypal on Tuesday and shipping email on Friday. It's now Wednesday and I have a K&N in my hot little hands.

However.

When I had very initially spoke to them, they had said they would remove the VAT. I didn't purchase straight away and left it a little while. I ended up purchasing and asked for an updated amount to delete the VAT. I got no response except for reminders to pay. So I sent another email. Finally I got the response of "why would we remove the VAT?" I responded with I don't live in the UK and heard nothing. I ended up just paying the full amount to get the filter. It would have been a saving of about 7 pounds but it adds up.

Anyway, overall a good result but I just felt their communication was poor. PM if you want their details.

daaaaavek
29th August 2007, 01:00 PM
Pfft .. I bought my filter through the Aussie distributor Rocket Industries. Payed just under $100 over the counter for my panel filter.

ope126
29th August 2007, 04:52 PM
Was it www.ybfilters.co.uk ???

ZC_74
29th August 2007, 07:45 PM
Pfft .. I bought my filter through the Aussie distributor Rocket Industries. Payed just under $100 over the counter for my panel filter.

Depends on the panel. If you paid that much for a Vectra C panel then you did extremely well. I know Astra panels arte cheaper than a Vectra. Rocket directly were the ones who quoted me 6 weeks.

Was it www.ybfilters.co.uk (http://www.ybfilters.co.uk) ???

Previous experience? ;)

ope126
29th August 2007, 08:50 PM
I have purchased a K&N panel air filter for most of the cars that I have owned...

And yes it has been www.ybfilters.co.uk most of the times.
I got sick of waiting from Rocket Industies after my first attempt, they almost never have any Euro panel air filters in stock. Same old story; "yeah mate we can get it, but you will have to wait 6 - 8 weeks" :mad:

Just my 2cents....

ZC_74
29th August 2007, 09:31 PM
I have purchased a K&N panel air filter for most of the cars that I have owned...

And yes it has been www.ybfilters.co.uk (http://www.ybfilters.co.uk) most of the times.
I got sick of waiting from Rocket Industies after my first attempt, they almost never have any Euro panel air filters in stock. Same old story; "yeah mate we can get it, but you will have to wait 6 - 8 weeks" :mad:

Just my 2cents....

Same, every car has had K & N. From my first expensive car, a TX3, through my commodore, Adventra and now Vectra.

Did they remove VAT for you?

RobCDX
3rd September 2007, 07:26 PM
i bought my K&N flat panel from a place called Outlaw Speed Shop in adelaide for $75. yeah the shop sounds bikie gangish but they're not haha not to my knowledge.

dfl8ed
5th September 2007, 08:55 PM
I have just recieved a K&N panel filter for a 2.2L off ebay for $89 + $10 delivery from seller sorijen. Check him out he will track any filters down for you.