PDA

View Full Version : Q: AH SRI-T, Does the ECU re-map and provide more power when it detects 98 RON fuel?

jsantos
28th August 2007, 09:48 PM
The quoted figures say that 95 RON is used and 147/262 kw/nm are created, They have specifically specified the fuel used. I was wondering if anyone KNEW (perhaps came accross it whilst trying to re-map) if the stock ECU will give the car more power say 150kw? when 98ron fuel is put into it. I've searched it and found alot of discustion basically what i'm looking for here is a straight answer don't want to start a debate on if fuels better then another etc i know there are other threads for that already, just if the H sri-T's ecu re-tunes or not.

rjastra
28th August 2007, 10:05 PM
Strange... the overview has a reference to 98RON

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=26009

Yet the technical doc says 95RON.

Shaun
28th August 2007, 11:51 PM
You will gain maybe 2-3kw out of using the 98ron fuel But i would suppect a 5kw gain from using it on the OEM map settings. I have seen though one fuel company who have a dyno cell at every V8 Supercar round (The shall remand name nameless) who have have ran 95 and 98 ron in two XR8 Falcons with a rather difference in reading. 10-15kw difference to be exact. But if you look at the inlet temps of both cars on the screens you will see a difference in temp. which will always give a different reading.

You will feel more smoother accelaration and someother difference. You will see fuel ecconomy improve up to 20-50km (depending on driving style ) i have found. My advise is to run the 98ron instead.

DirtyHarry
29th August 2007, 08:19 AM
i dont think there is an actually sensor for the fuel, but what i belive does happen is, either when you fill up or every now and then the ecu increases the timing and uses the knock sensor to create a new map for the fuel.
So when you put a full tank of petrol in your car, the ecu receive a signal...ok i have a new batch of fuel. it then slowly starts to increase the timing to see what the threshold is with the knock sensor.

Anyway thats the way i belive it works. SOmeone please correct me if im wrong.

SIMid
29th August 2007, 08:34 AM
I always ran my Calibra on 98. She ran so smooth and power delivery was really nice.

SRiT has been running on 98 since I picked her up and she runs really strong and smooth as well. I think you can run 95 on the SRiT, only if you cant get higher octane at the bowser.

Ishley
29th August 2007, 04:18 PM
I recently switched to Mobil 8000. It is there High Octane petrol. The car runs ALOT smoother, feels better and i am getting 550-600kms instead of 450 from others

Red AH SRI T
30th August 2007, 08:25 AM
i always fill up with V Power, although once they didn't have it so i used E10 because i didn't have enough to get to another station, and i def noticed the difference.

Have used the occasional tank of BP Ultimate but i think u need to use more than one tank to get a feel for a difference.

GreyRex
30th August 2007, 09:14 AM
I cant say ive noticed a power difference as such. I don't drive mine hard enough really. What I have noticed, especially recently... is that the range is pretty good. Filled up the other night... bout 580kms to empty. That's mixed/city driving and i've only done 3000kms on mine atm.