PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling up and moving on...

struz
28th August 2007, 05:03 PM
Hey guys,

Had my Astra TS SRi for around a year and a bit. I've been tossing up whether or not to sell? It's been great to me i love the fuel consumption and it actually has a bit of power aswell and servicing isn't to dear on it either. I'm getting older and have now started thinking about a 03 - 04 WRX? The best thing about it being it has 4 DOORS (Family reasons) Has anyone actually test driven one of these yet?

Whats the fuel consumption like?
Servicing costs?
Many things actually go wrong with them?
Things to look out for?
How do they actually go?

Just keen to hear on your opinions guy/girls.

Cheers,

John

USC
28th August 2007, 05:16 PM
Hey guys,

Had my Astra TS SRi for around a year and a bit. I've been tossing up whether or not to sell? It's been great to me i love the fuel consumption and it actually has a bit of power aswell and servicing isn't to dear on it either. I'm getting older and have now started thinking about a 03 - 04 WRX? The best thing about it being it has 4 DOORS (Family reasons) Has anyone actually test driven one of these yet?

Whats the fuel consumption like?
Servicing costs?
Many things actually go wrong with them?
Things to look out for?
How do they actually go?

Just keen to hear on your opinions guy/girls.

Cheers,

John

my mate bought a 06 Sti and they go extremely well..handles like a dream and sounds good too. fuel comsumption is not so great if you thrash it.

not sure about the others...do a search for a subaru forum and they will answer all your questions.

DirtyHarry
28th August 2007, 06:29 PM
mate of mine has a either 05 or a 06 wrx. its a nice car, however he complains about the fuel consumption. especially since most of his work is city driving

xplosv57
28th August 2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah I also know a scooby doo owner who happens to be a member here!!

Nice car, but heavy on the juice (14l/100km i think), wish it was a 6 speed!!! A very quick car, eats corners for breakfast, and sounds great with a decent exhaust!!!

Servicing wise, i know the timing belt is a nightmare to replace, otherwise should be the same as any other car!!

Gearboxes are known to spit the dummy after a few hard launches or a fitment of a heavy duty clutch but the EJ20 motor is very strong!!!

Hope that helps!!

oneightoo
29th August 2007, 08:30 AM
hey man, im in the same boat.. needing to go to 4 doors and am selling my cali soon.. ive driven heaps of diff cars lately, and have come to the conclusion that i like the 04+ liberty.. cant go wrong with a subaru.. it was a toss up between the wrx or the liberyt, both roughly the same price, liberty has cheaper insurance, uses less fuel, slightly bigger, feels more comfortable on the road, but the wrx was more fun around corners and straight lines and quicker obviously..

then i drove the liberty gt.............

:D

btm
29th August 2007, 08:33 AM
hey man, im in the same boat.. needing to go to 4 doors

family reasons too? ;)

:p

oneightoo
29th August 2007, 08:34 AM
family reasons too? ;)

:p

lol not yet, but one day :p

maloo97
29th August 2007, 11:23 AM
Go a ford transit 2.6TD :p

USC
29th August 2007, 12:42 PM
nah, go the Kia cavalier....:D

low astra
29th August 2007, 12:46 PM
handles great, interior is fairly easy to work with (lots of aftermarket parts everywhere u look), fuel use is relitiavly high, as is insurence, but rego is still a 4cyl so its cheap as they come, gearboxes are week, but thats fairly well known, spark plugs are fun to change think about where they are

servicing can be a probablem, make sure its being realy well maintained or it will be a big probablem