PDA

View Full Version : Chevrolet HHR SS - PT Cruiser Fighter

cyclonic
25th August 2007, 12:27 AM
Hmmm... if this was available in RHD, do you think Holden would look at it? Would you look at it?

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/8208/x08cthr046wb8.jpg

DETROIT - During the nation's largest celebration of automotive heritage, the Woodward Dream Cruise, Chevrolet introduced the newest member of the prestigious SS family: the 2008 HHR SS.

The HHR SS combines all of the style and capability of the popular HHR family with uncompromising performance, including a turbocharged and intercooled engine that produces 260 horsepower (194 kW), unique exterior styling and an SS-specific interior. The vehicle was developed by GM Performance Division (GMPD), with a team of engineers and designers dedicated to crafting nothing but high-performance vehicles.

"With its muscular stance, turbocharged power and track-capable handling, the HHR SS is a worthy addition to SS lineup," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. "It also reaffirms in a big way Chevy's commitment to the sport compact market."

Standard features include unique exterior appointments, with all-new front and rear fascias, new front grilles, a rear spoiler and 18-inch polished forged aluminum wheels wrapped with Michelin performance all-season tires. Inside, SS-embroidered sport seats - with ultra suede inserts - a new gauge cluster with 140-mph speedometer, an A-pillar boost gauge and a new, driver-oriented steering wheel and shifter support the serious driving capabilities.

Along with its high-performance attributes, the HHR SS comes standard with a host of safety and convenience features, including the StabiliTrak electronic stability control system and four-wheel disc brakes with ABS. Optional equipment includes side-impact air bags and a power-operated sunroof.

"This vehicle delivers all of the style, comfort and convenience found in the HHR portfolio, but also offers outstanding performance and versatility without sacrificing fuel economy," added Peper. "There's simply nothing else like it when it comes to four-door driving fun for the value."

The HHR SS arrives in dealerships in the fourth quarter of 2007.

For more see:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19211

pred8r
25th August 2007, 09:49 AM
"There's simply nothing else like it when it comes to four-door driving fun for the value."

BAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!

Also looks like they've been stealing (design, if not product) from the Opel parts bin.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7573/x08cthr033mp5.jpg

Shaun
25th August 2007, 09:53 AM
Base Models look good. I seen a few in the states recently.

xplosv57
25th August 2007, 06:23 PM
Looks alot like the F150 at the front but just with a Chev badge!! Wish they released the SSR ute here, always see a yellow one in my area, must be a personal import, so sexy!!!

Shaun
25th August 2007, 11:18 PM
Whats so Opel about the interior???

pred8r
25th August 2007, 11:52 PM
Looks alot like the F150 at the front but just with a Chev badge!! Wish they released the SSR ute here, always see a yellow one in my area, must be a personal import, so sexy!!!

There's a yellow one on the Kevin Dennis HSV lot in Braybrook. IIRC they did have 2, havent seen one in weeks though.

sooty
26th August 2007, 07:37 PM
Wow that looks poor...
A lowered dodge magnum looks sooo much better and could rival the 300C tourer really well....i'd knock my grandma off and buy one....:D

Inheritance...isn't it a wonderful thing...

bill142
27th August 2007, 09:46 PM
Looks like something that crawled out of Chernobyl

Wraith
28th August 2007, 08:48 AM
If ever there was going to be an Aussie FJ Holden re-birth/retro, I think we're looking at it !!!

That's the 1st thing that came to my mind when I looked at it :)

Tfer
30th August 2007, 11:28 AM
Typical American rubbish :rolleyes:

bornwild
30th August 2007, 11:32 AM
What's that shit?