PDA

View Full Version : brake pads

ZC_74
24th August 2007, 12:53 PM
Opinions on brake pads

I need to get my brakes done according to my last service and after some investigation they were right.

I felt it was time to get what I always wanted which is slotted rotors but can't decide on pads.

I am pretty aggressive on my braking so if if that helps someone give me an accurate recommendation that's what I'll run with

ope126
24th August 2007, 01:12 PM
Too many options to list and all would involve Big $$$. Monster Brake Kits etc.

If you just wanted replacement pads I recommend Lucas TRW as the best replacement pads. I will get you part numbers later.

If you want to spend the money, you could look for a 4 or 6 piston front calipers with larger rotors (although they are 312mm off memory).

There are many pros and cons for slotted / cross drilled brakes. Depends if you are after looks or performance.

You may also be limited in caliper size due to the 17" wheels, food for thought!

Keep us up to date!!!

Glenn

ZC_74
24th August 2007, 01:42 PM
Wasn't really changing anything, just wanted the new rotors and new pads.

I continually find how difficult it is to find stuff for this car :mad:

woody
24th August 2007, 03:07 PM
DBA Slotted rotors and EBC Greenstuff Pads.. Can't go wrong.

JohnBu
24th August 2007, 03:17 PM
DBA Slotted rotors and EBC Greenstuff Pads.. Can't go wrong.

i find this combo on my SRiT worst than stock, in terms of braking and feel.

I should have saved money and gone for stock.

J
25th August 2007, 01:57 AM
I've just ordered RDA slotted rotors, RDA pads, and higher grade brake fluid for the G, through gslrallysport. Apparently the fronts will be custom made (wow!). Can let you know how I go once they're in the car, if you are interested :)

Currently running RDA slotted with EBC Blackstuff at the rear of the C. No issues for me at all: in fact, I find the back end is taking on a greater share of the braking load than before, which can't be bad :) Can't wait for the front to go slotted and EBC Greenstuff as well.

I have heard that DBA rotors don't work well with EBC Greenstuff, because it wears the rotors out prematurely or something. RDA rotors, however, apparently don't have this problem.