PDA

View Full Version : First Astra H sedan leaves production line

Red AH SRI T
24th August 2007, 10:04 AM
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Opel/2007-Opel-Astra-Sedan-5.jpg

Gliwice, Poland. The first new Astra sedan model has left the production line at General Motor’s plant in Gliwice, Poland. The four-door notchback variant, which made its world premiere last November at the Istanbul Motor Show, has been primarily developed for the Central and Eastern European growth markets. Together with the Zafira and Astra Classic, this is the third model currently being produced in Gliwice.

General Motor’s Gliwice plant, which started production in 1998, has earned an excellent reputation for quality with vehicles like the Zafira, Astra Classic and Agila, and is considered a model for new GM manufacturing plants in the world. The plant uses GM’s global common manufacturing system incorporating focus on quality, continuous improvement, standardization, employee involvement and short lead times in all operations. GM Poland Managing Director Romuald Rytwiñski sees the production of the new Astra sedan in Gliwice as a confirmation of the plant’s outstanding quality and workmanship: “As one of the most popular models in the Opel range in Eastern and Central Europe, we are proud to produce the new Astra sedan here in Gliwice, and we are committed to the high levels of quality we expect from our employees and our vehicles.”

The new model features a range of two gasoline and two diesel engines with output between 90 and 140 hp. All variants boast front disc brakes, ABS, Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Brake Assist and Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS) as standard, as well as comfort features such as central locking, front power windows and a 60:40 split rear bench seat back.

Dee
24th August 2007, 10:08 AM
wow! that's interesting - i didnt think i'd like the look of it after only seeing the hatch since the H was released. Interesting

Wraith
24th August 2007, 10:10 AM
mmmm, from that angle, I kind of like it - looks very nice...

Now why won't Holden bring these AH's in with those HID headlight assemblies ???

btm
24th August 2007, 10:24 AM
makes it kind of looks like a vectra.... a little

Red AH SRI T
24th August 2007, 11:13 AM
its built on the Wagon's longer wheelbase, so its about the same size as the Vectra B

Vectra V6
24th August 2007, 11:23 AM
Where is the picture?

btm
24th August 2007, 11:44 AM
in the first post... its very large, if you're on dial up you may need to wait a little

bornwild
24th August 2007, 01:44 PM
Looks crap from the back.

USC
24th August 2007, 02:19 PM
hm....I love the front but not so sure about the back...looks a bit like a nissan tida....

They should have made the back look like the convertible a bit...the shape of the rear quarter windows dont go well with a sedan.....

Tfer
24th August 2007, 02:24 PM
makes it kind of looks like a vectra.... a little

I certainly hope it doesn't look like a Veccy C sedan *ewww*

Rather bland.... sort of Ford Focus like :rolleyes:

MK
24th August 2007, 02:51 PM
I like the look of it...looks good...and i am a little biased being a Polak myself :)

Tfer
24th August 2007, 03:06 PM
I like the look of it...looks good...and i am a little biased being a Polak myself :)

Yeah I agree.... just think the Veccy C sedan is a little "awkward".... the Astra sedan reminds me of the VW Jetta also ;)

USC
24th August 2007, 03:25 PM
http://www.netcarshow.com/opel/2007-astra_sedan/

SIMid
25th August 2007, 10:54 AM
Dont mind it. But I usually have to see cars in the flesh to get a proper opinion.

I bet though when OPC wave their magic, those who don't like it will change their mind. ;)

USC
25th August 2007, 11:46 PM
Dont mind it. But I usually have to see cars in the flesh to get a proper opinion.

I bet though when OPC wave their magic, those who don't like it will change their mind. ;)

I dont think Holden will be importing them as vauxhall isnt apparently...(well that the rumours Ive heard..). It was made for cheaper eastern european market....

Shaun
25th August 2007, 11:59 PM
I dont think Holden will be importing them as vauxhall isnt apparently...(well that the rumours Ive heard..). It was made for cheaper eastern european market....

I believe your correct. They will sit along side the Astra Classic in the Eastern European Market.

bornwild
26th August 2007, 03:03 AM
I doubt there will be an OPC version.

pred8r
26th August 2007, 10:32 AM
Did they forget the wheel centre-caps or are these something fitted by the dealer?

I've seen a few here, on the back of trucks without caps either, on the westgate.

MitchSRi
26th August 2007, 05:04 PM
Kill off the Epica and Viva and bring this baby in.

Holden owe it to the Australian public after releasing the abortions of the Epica and Viva.

Also would love to see OPC get hold of one and do a boost AWD variation :).

USC
28th August 2007, 10:08 AM
Did they forget the wheel centre-caps or are these something fitted by the dealer?

I've seen a few here, on the back of trucks without caps either, on the westgate.

centre caps, floor mats and a couple of other things(like wheel nut covers..etc) are fitted once the car has been prepared for dleivery. They are usually packed in plastic bags in the boot. They dont put the centre caps there in case dealer has to remove wheel for pre-delivery inspection I guess.

USC
28th August 2007, 10:09 AM
Kill off the Epica and Viva and bring this baby in.

Holden owe it to the Australian public after releasing the abortions of the Epica and Viva.

Also would love to see OPC get hold of one and do a boost AWD variation :).

old topic...;)