PDA

View Full Version : Yay check out what i just bought!

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 08:01 AM
http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/0c/ce/1b_1_b.JPG

Finally found a good deal on these! I Love the Euro exchange rate!! :clap:

Anyone know how to fit them?

[EDIT]

Well they arrived!! I am extremely happy with what i got!!!! :dance:

Yes they are the real deal FK Headlights!!! :D
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1035/1358819087_3dbbc277b3.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1434/1358817415_9f196c4442.jpg

They arrived in perfect condition and the box didn't look like it was handled poorly at all! DHL Did an awesome job!!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1439/1358814629_463bacd22f.jpg

And for those of you that were wondering if they could be converted to RHD..
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1170/1358812983_cc1e8bd37a.jpg
:dance:

Even came with 2 sets of bulbs!!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1185/1358816029_f9d9ef5ba3.jpg

Can't wait to fit them..!!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1212/1359702210_7a13eebcb0.jpg

If only i could understand the instructions... :rolleyes:

Anyone interested i can only recommend this seller!! service was awesome questions answered same day everytime! He was true to his word about shipping it was sent day after payment and took 3 weeks to arrive but you can't complain for the cheap postage price!

DirtyHarry
22nd August 2007, 08:25 AM
hey where did you buy it from?
im lookking at getting some aswell?

i know there are few on ebay, but they never seem to answer their emails about postage etc.

fitting them should be easy. you just have to remove the front bumper, which consits of 2 plastic rivets at the top and 3 screws at the bottom and 2 screws on either side of the bumper.

btm
22nd August 2007, 08:39 AM
oooo... nice... i want a pair too

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 08:48 AM
I bought them from this seller. Postage is 59 Euro which is VERY cheap compared to 100+ others were asking.. He was also very quick to reply to questions!

HT Tuning
(http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZht_tuning)
Can't wait to get them! Definatly one of the best looking mods for any astra! Now i just need a pair of Brows!

btm
22nd August 2007, 08:52 AM
are they the chrome ones??

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 08:54 AM
are they the chrome ones??

Yea i wanted chrome ones but he also sells the black ones

Black Angel Eyes for Astra G (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ANGEL-EYES-SCHEINWERFER-BLINKER-OPEL-ASTRA-G-SCHWARZ_W0QQitemZ330156383642QQihZ014QQcategoryZ57 313QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

DirtyHarry
22nd August 2007, 08:56 AM
hey are these light the right hand drive ones? remember the ones from other european countries would be for left hand drive

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 08:58 AM
whats the difference?

These are the same ones many people here already have?

DirtyHarry
22nd August 2007, 09:02 AM
difference is, the left hand drive ones project a extra light to the right side of the road, ie so you can see pedestrian's etc and also dont blind people.

if you drive at night and look at the way your lights project on the road, there is always extra light on the left to show what is happening on the foot path and also dont blind people

if i find a web site which shows you the diagram ill post it up

DirtyHarry
22nd August 2007, 09:07 AM
ok here is a simple diagram i posted of how the head lights work

DirtyHarry
22nd August 2007, 09:09 AM
so basically they shine more light, corressponding to which side of the road the car drives on. so hence if you get the left hand lights, your going to be blinding people in the opposite direction.

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 09:10 AM
i just read that these projector style lights can be adjusted to either RHD or LHD.. hopefully that is the case..

DirtyHarry
22nd August 2007, 09:11 AM
ok cool, where did you read that.

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 09:14 AM
ok cool, where did you read that.

Headlight Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_on_the_left_or_right#Headlamps_and_other_l ighting_equipment)

Seems like the projector can just be adjusted, these are FK brand headlights which are the good quality ones with electric height adj and such so hopefully they are more customisable that the cheaper ones..

Wraith
22nd August 2007, 09:28 AM
Awesome well done, they look very similar to those a few of us others also have :)

I suggest you PM 'JR' and 'J' and also 'daaaaavek' - who have been exchanging lots of info/how to with these lately (including with myself) as they've also recently fitted them.

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 09:31 AM
Awesome well done, they look very similar to those a few of us others also have :)

I suggest you PM 'JR' and 'J' and also 'daaaaavek' - who have been exchanging lots of info/how to with these lately (including with myself) as they've also recently fitted them.

Thanks i'll probably need some help! These are the same ones you guys have but i liked the chrome look as i won't need to get tinted rear lights and indicators to keep the dark theme..

Where did you guys source your lights from?

Wraith
22nd August 2007, 09:37 AM
Each to their own, chrome looks good, let us all know when your ready to start and we'll lend a hand ;)

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 09:51 AM
I suppose crome on a silver or black car which most of you guys have :p wouldn't look too crash hot but mines blue! ULTRA BLUE!

Are you able to tell me if the projector is adjustable?

DirtyHarry
22nd August 2007, 10:14 AM
im definetly going to buy these if the guy responds saying that there is a switch on them to change it to either left or right hand drive

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 10:16 AM
im definetly going to buy these if the guy responds saying that there is a switch on them to change it to either left or right hand drive

Just got a reply from selling saying these can be adjusted to RHD cars :dance:

JR
22nd August 2007, 10:31 AM
congrats dude, and welcome to the world of "halos" :D

yup, those look like the ones i have, only mine are DEPO, not FK. but the housing n design looks to be the same.

they have a lever at the back to switch between LHD & RHD. just make sure they're ADR approved.
ur beam should look like this, 5-7 meters from a wall.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e122/jrappai/Da%20Car/beampattern01.jpg

its pretty simple to install - drop ur bumper, remove old lights, plug ur new ones in. they use the same plugs.

if u need any help - feel free to ask.

bornwild
22nd August 2007, 10:32 AM
They look nice. :)

Though, making my astra a BMW look alike ain't my thing:p:p:p:p:p

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 10:33 AM
maybe mine are depo also i thought only FK make these design? anyway they looks exactly the same and seller said can be adjusted to RHD which is all i needed to know! YAY HALOS!!

DirtyHarry
22nd August 2007, 10:34 AM
which brand would be better, depo or fk?

btm
22nd August 2007, 12:46 PM

i'd be very interested to... group buy? save on postage perhaps...

R3N
22nd August 2007, 03:12 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but from what I heard from the UK site, the adjustment is that there is a plate that blocks the cutoff on the right side, meaning they still won't be 'proper' RHD ones, granted they won't blind oncoming traffic, the beam pattern on the left hand side won't have the cutoff to highlight road signs, etc

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 03:48 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but from what I heard from the UK site, the adjustment is that there is a plate that blocks the cutoff on the right side, meaning they still won't be 'proper' RHD ones, granted they won't blind oncoming traffic, the beam pattern on the left hand side won't have the cutoff to highlight road signs, etc

I've also heard that there is a leaver on the back which switches from LHD to RHD..

Don't mind as long as i don't get pulled up for it..

daaaaavek
22nd August 2007, 09:02 PM
Well done on joining the Angel Eye club ;)

Let us know if you want a hand fitting them - I'd be more than happy to give you a hand.

Wraith
22nd August 2007, 09:20 PM
LOL It's contageous :D

And here's a couple of examples why - looks horn bags.....even better in real life

http://i17.tinypic.com/4yr95xi.jpg

http://i18.tinypic.com/4vpcwt3.jpg

bornwild
22nd August 2007, 09:30 PM
Can these be had for AH?

kaoshunter
22nd August 2007, 09:35 PM
they don't make them yet for the AH I think, I may be wrong

Wraith
22nd August 2007, 09:35 PM
As far as I know not yet ???

But definitely some manufacturer will do them in the future ;)

Hackstra
23rd August 2007, 07:55 AM
i'd be very interested to... group buy? save on postage perhaps...

I'd be keen too! They look insane, i have a navy blue astra and i think the black ones would look better on mine. Have we solved the RHD issue yet?

btm
23rd August 2007, 08:24 AM
i'd be up for black ones also

Huhness
23rd August 2007, 09:43 AM
Seller has assured me you have change these to be suitable for RHD cars and i also linked him to this thread, hopefully he pops in and answers some questions for anyone interested.

JR
23rd August 2007, 09:46 AM
it would b pretty safe to say that this ones can b either RHD or LHD - with the use of a lever at the back - which simply flips the reflector shield in the inside.
i've opened my projector up, and seen how it works - its very simple.

more than likely if these suppliers r selling it to overseas customers, they can b switched between LHD & RHD.

u know u want 'em......go get 'em!!!!

R3N
23rd August 2007, 01:18 PM
what confuses me is that they have diff part numbers for RHD and LHD ones... if they were perfectly substitutable, why would they make 2 diff sets? not trying to put anyone off just a genuine question

Wraith
23rd August 2007, 01:40 PM
what confuses me is that they have diff part numbers for RHD and LHD ones... if they were perfectly substitutable, why would they make 2 diff sets? not trying to put anyone off just a genuine question

I'm only guessing, but maybe the different part no's is to distinguish the ones that are LHD from the RHD assemblies, which have the extra 'bits' (internal mechanism to convert it to RHD), so probably a manufacturing thing, ie: maybe the specific LHD only do not have the extra bits ???

For me, this whole RHD or LHD thing is not the 'problem' issue with these headlight assemblies, they are clearly designated RHD compatible, so that should settle that worry.

Certainly from having them in one of my cars for a long time now, there is no standout problem arising from left to right beam angles not being where they should be - all of that side of things is just fine.

What I would be more concerned about, is the distorted/hard edge light pattern at the end of the light path, that these headlights produce !

It's not a huge problem, but it is weird at first and takes some getting used to...

JR
23rd August 2007, 02:30 PM

its a good question.
quite naturally, it is better to buy one specifically made for RHD.
those ones made for a specific drive will have a better reflector cut-off shield, which means less breakage (cause there is no lever) and will b more precise.

the reflector cut-off shield in the RHD is different to that in the LHD - its flipped horizontally. hence a LHD only projector will have a different part number to the RHD version.

below is a rough (crap actually) diagram i tried to draw in 3-D of the inside of the projector which can be switched between LHD & RHD.
currently the lever is down - in LHD configuration. when the lever is switched up, the white part of the cut-off plate rotates up to stand up-right. all this while the grey-stripped cut-off rotates downwards, to lie flat at the back. when this happens, the configuration changes to a RHD.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e122/jrappai/Da%20Car/OpelAus/th_projectorinside.jpg (http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e122/jrappai/Da%20Car/OpelAus/projectorinside.jpg)

with fixed ones, this rotation does not occur, and the cut-off is part of the shield (which is fixed).

don't know if i've confused u, but hope it helps.

in the end, check with manufacturer.

Huhness
24th August 2007, 08:30 AM
yea i understand what you mean cool looks like a simple mechanism

btm
24th August 2007, 08:38 AM
so are they in the car yet?

pics??

Huhness
24th August 2007, 08:43 AM
so are they in the car yet?

pics??
I wish!!! :( They arn't here yet..

But now i NEED a HID kit.. yea thats right i'm going to NEED one.. :angel: Girlfriend won't mind em spending money if i NEED them.

Huhness
11th September 2007, 07:58 PM
The arrived check the first post. (http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showpost.php?p=247479&postcount=1)

Wraith
11th September 2007, 09:06 PM
Exactly the same brand/type as mine (only mine are black) - well done, now get yourself a set of HID's and install em......you'll absolutely love the result ;)

DirtyHarry
11th September 2007, 09:24 PM
im still waiting on mine as well. what date were yours shipped huhness
also can you see if they the link/connection/mechanism for the auto height adjustment?

Huhness
11th September 2007, 09:42 PM
i already broke mine.. :( the RHD adjustment arm came out.. has anyone opened these?? do they go back together easily??? :mad:

Huhness
11th September 2007, 10:22 PM
after having a good look inside and playing with the other one i see that the adjustment has popped out and i can get to it quite easily! I'll do that on the weekend.. :rolleyes:

Huhness
12th September 2007, 07:56 AM
im still waiting on mine as well. what date were yours shipped huhness
also can you see if they the link/connection/mechanism for the auto height adjustment?
Not sure about height adjustment.. Wraith could you fill us in here??

I purchased them on the 21st of August and they were sent 22nd.

Huhness
12th September 2007, 08:27 AM
i read you can attach the levelling motor from your old stock lights to the new angel eyes... anyone done this??

JR
12th September 2007, 12:42 PM
i read you can attach the levelling motor from your old stock lights to the new angel eyes... anyone done this??

yup - done this. u can use the existing stock leveling motor device. twist to unlock from stock headlight, realign it with new one - u gotta hold the headlight unit with the back facing down (gravity reasons), then slide in the ball hook thingy from the side. always works.
once thats in place, twist to lock it in.

my RHD/LHD adjustment had also popped out (cause i kept playing with the cutoff angles), but it was easy to put it back in place - as u said.

Wraith
12th September 2007, 12:49 PM
Not sure about height adjustment.. Wraith could you fill us in here??

I purchased them on the 21st of August and they were sent 22nd.

Height adjustment is exactly the same as the stock factory units, ie: remove the rubber grommets on the metal frame above and use an allen key to adjust :)

As for that RHD adjustment wire popping out - mine did too ;)

Huhness
12th September 2007, 06:32 PM
As for that RHD adjustment wire popping out - mine did too ;)
How did you put the adjustment thing back in..?? The way i thought is actually not going to work... :(

Wraith
13th September 2007, 09:18 AM
I can't remember exactly - it was over a year ago now, I'd have to pull the headlight out and take a look at it again....

From what I do remember, I 'mucked' around with it for some time and even wrecked my fingers, but I eventually got it back in there :)

Let us know how it goes.....

Huhness
13th September 2007, 09:26 AM
I can't remember exactly - it was over a year ago now, I'd have to pull the headlight out and take a look at it again....

From what I do remember, I 'mucked' around with it for some time and even wrecked my fingers, but I eventually got it back in there :)

Let us know how it goes.....
Its fine i figured it out :D need to take out the nuts (DONT TAKE OUT THE SCREWS!) lucky i undid the nuts first and noticed it was loose! and pull out projector assembly! Then look for the damn arm thing which is probably stuck somewhere!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1404/1366244152_5879099ff8.jpg

btm
13th September 2007, 10:40 AM
looks good... how do you find the lighting dispersement compared to stock lights?

Huhness
13th September 2007, 10:54 AM
looks good... how do you find the lighting dispersement compared to stock lights?
Its actually quite good! Would be better with HID or 100W globes but with the 55W globes i have in now it lights things up pretty well!

btm
13th September 2007, 11:06 AM
how much are you looking for a HID kit if you got one?

Huhness
13th September 2007, 11:07 AM
how much are you looking for a HID kit if you got one?
Not sure yet might just go with a cheap kit.. won't buy one for a month of so now, once tax money comes in :D

Wraith
13th September 2007, 11:11 AM
Its fine i figured it out :D need to take out the nuts (DONT TAKE OUT THE SCREWS!) lucky i undid the nuts first and noticed it was loose! and pull out projector assembly! Then look for the damn arm thing which is probably stuck somewhere!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1404/1366244152_5879099ff8.jpg

Well done looks great...........;)

Wraith
13th September 2007, 11:18 AM

Unfortunately, truth be told, it's not as good as the stock headlights.

As I've mentioned before, these headlights projector lenses create a hard line/edge of light at the end of their projected light path, instead of a gradual smoothing out.

It's not a major problem, but it does take some getting used to.

There is a 'supposed' fix for this, I think JR's working on it, I couldn't be bothered as my vert is not regularily driven, so I'm not fussed about it too much.

Besides that however, these headlights are worth it for those fantastic looking angel eyes and neat looking projectors, they really do improve the frontal aesthetics of the Astra :)