PDA

View Full Version : bought a new Astra - how should I fill holden survey?

trinijy
22nd August 2007, 02:29 AM
Hi Guys, this is my first post here, thought I'd share my recent experience of buying my first car :)

Originally I had signed a contract for a CDX in moonland on a Sunday with the salesman promising delivery within 2 weeks (had asked about this specifically since another dealer had told me there was a shortage of Astras) The contract didn't have a VIN number -- my newbie mistake perhaps?

The next day he called back and told me they would't be able to give me a car before the deadline on the contract and was trying to push a black CDX with leather trim and a May compliance date. Long story short, I ended up doing a deal on the black CDX instead of getting my deposit back because no one else could get me a moonland/black CDX within 4 weeks.

So could this have been an honest mistake like they claimed (it being sunday they could't be sure of the availability)? or did I get suckered into putting down a deposit? What do you guys reckon?

p.s. took the car home yesterday, no complains about the Astra, a great car!

SIMid
22nd August 2007, 09:23 AM
Sounds like old stock to me. :rolleyes: Might of pushed you into something that they had been trying to get rid of for a while. They did try this tactic to me with my SRiT by offering an older model. Should of held off cause I would of said "We agreed on Moonland in 2 weeks, why make a promise that you cannot forefill?". They would of found your Astra through another dealersit.

rjastra
22nd August 2007, 09:33 AM
Did you get the MY7.5 update? or the old lower powered version?

If the later then you were screwed over I think.

trinijy
22nd August 2007, 09:57 AM
I got the MY7.5 for sure

I could've asked for my deposit back, in fact I did but when I stepped into the dealership two days later to do deal on the black Astra they had not processed the refund yet *shock*

the fact is after calling around dealerships in sydney it was apparent to me that no one could deliver a Moonland Astra within 4-5 weeks, otherwise would've walked away from that dealership

SIMid
22nd August 2007, 09:59 AM
the fact is after calling around dealerships in sydney it was apparent to me that no one could deliver a Moonland Astra within 4-5 weeks, otherwise would've walked away from that dealership

Dealershits also can get access to interstate dealershits as well. There would of been one around ...... somewhere!

imay
22nd August 2007, 11:13 AM
At the end of the day if you are happy with what you got, everything's OK. If you are not happy, you got screwed! Simple as!
Doesn't matter what day of the week you do the deal, all dealerships have access to Holden data base and would know in a couple of mouse clicks what model/color/spec of any new Holden was available, where it was, and how long before you can have it (within a couple of days, anyway).
If you ordered moonland, you should have got moonland. But now that you have taken home a black one (and obviously signed on the dotted line), I reckon you are stuck with your black Astra.

I know this because I have been caught out in a similar fashion when I bought my 1.8 5 door CD, and have learnt a bit along the way.
"Wouldn't be able to deliver until mid February" then get a phone call 2 days later to tell me the car has arrived and is ready for pick-up. Excitedly signed the papers and took my brand new shiny car home. Couple of weeks later just happened to be checking stuff out and found the compliance and build plates didn't tell me what I thought it should have. Went back to seek an explanation: ended up getting offered a cash refund of the difference between MY02/03, free servicing, floor mats, mud flaps, blah, blah, blah. Foolishly accepted their offer and went home (still not happy about it). Went back 3 years later for a price on a convertible and to see if they remembered me and were prepared to try the same thing again. Yes they remembered me, again apologised profusely, and ended up giving me an unbeatable price on the convertible.
Would I trust this dealership's sales department again: No.
Would I use them to buy a new car again: Yes, if the price was right.
Would I use their service department again: Never (different storey for another day).

And they wonder why we have such a low opinion of car salespeople and dealerships in general . . .

As far as filling in Holden's dealer/satisfaction survey: Put down exactly what you feel. You won't be losing any friends by telling how you feel! I don't believe the dealerships or Holden really care anyway, it's just there to make you feel good about having a gripe. I have had several "customer satisfaction surveys" from Holden and even the dealership. Filled in with my honest thoughts and complaints and have NEVER had any follow-up from either.
But, feel comfortable in the knowledge that ALL brands will treat you the same way.

Red AH SRI T
23rd August 2007, 09:11 AM
Its true, CDX astra's are in very short stock at the moment.

cbrmale
23rd August 2007, 01:35 PM
I think one of the problems of the Astra is that there is a multitude of permutations of model / colour / gearbox combinations. Four-door hatch, station wagon, coupe, convertable, cd, cdx, cdti, sri 2.2, sri turbo, manual, automatic, various colours. I was not surprised that my Moonland sri 2.2 automatic four-door hatch wasn't available locally, and I would have to wait six weeks or so. At least the dealer was up-front about it, and then they located a car that had been offloaded in Singapore, and I got it after a month instead.

It's a shame you didn't get Moonland, as it is a lovely colour and not often seen. Even though the Astra is a very common car, quite a few people have commented on how nice mine looks.

trinijy
23rd August 2007, 05:14 PM
Yep agree moonland is a very nice colour, one dealer claimed they had a moonland cdx with leather trim but they wouldn't sell it to me for the price I gave them! (wouldn't even tell me how much they were prepared to sell the car for)

I would've loved to get a cdx in metro blue, but it's only available here on the twintop.

Red AH SRI T
24th August 2007, 09:32 AM
not for long its not ;)

OPC
24th August 2007, 11:49 AM
or did I get suckered into putting down a deposit? What do you guys reckon?

it's not compulsory to put down a deposit on a car...

every time i get a new car the dealer say's "how much deposit do you want to put down?"

should see their eyes when i say "NONE" hehehehehe

they go ummm why not ?... i go because i dont want to...

bornwild
24th August 2007, 01:43 PM
Give them -10 out of 10.