$61,000 for a FWD 240kW/400Nm car.....okeyyyyyyy.....other options:

Ford XR6T (245kW/480Nm)- $44600
Ford XR8 (250kW/500Nm) - $46500

and the car it directly competes with,

FPV F6 Typhoon (270kW/550Nm) - $61400

......Toyota=Dumbasses.....:cool:

dieselhead
21st August 2007, 11:10 PM
hey, Ford's no competitor for the TRD, because it's RWD, not FWD hahaha :)
it's just a bloody expensive sports fridge...

MK
22nd August 2007, 08:12 AM
Ford Falcon XR6T anytime!

DirtyHarry
22nd August 2007, 08:23 AM
i agree that is a bit overpriced for a front wheel drive toyota. although im not a fan of fords, id have to go for the ford.

for that price they could have atleast made it 4WD

GreyRex
22nd August 2007, 09:08 AM

I'd have to agree. For me it doesn't compare. It's aimed at a different market, even though it's got the HSV/FPV look. Be interesting to see where it's customers are actually persuaded from. There's also the 6 MPS, which is basically as quick, same size, cheaper, xenons, bose stereo... and all wheel drive. I know the comparisons will come.... but i just do not think a person who looks a damn Falcon or Commodore will consider this. More Liberty... mid size luxury sports versions it will compete with. Just my opinion...

Huhness
22nd August 2007, 09:53 AM
i cannot see a single fool dropping the cash toyota are asking for one of these! ITS FWD!!! the least they could have done is made it AWD.. arn't all toyotas sold in china AWD?? or so i have heard.. :confused:

SIMid
22nd August 2007, 09:57 AM
Every new model released is finalised through the marketing department. So they would of researched the market and saw that there is a demand for this particular model and people are willing to pay $61K for it.

I reckon it was done at the local shopping centre, you know "Free Entry" and they would all have ticked the box "Yes, I would pay $61K for a Toyota Aurion."

:D

Who knows how they came to this conclusion, maybe too many bubblies at the last Motor Show.

Tfer
22nd August 2007, 09:57 AM
I love the shape of the Aurion, much better than the Commodore and Falcon, but at $61.4k???? I would pay $50k ;)

bornwild
22nd August 2007, 10:35 AM

It's in the same price bracket as the F6 Typhoon, it's a large sports-saloon like the F6 Typhoon....so how do they not compete? ;)

As someone said, the least they could have done is 4WD.....if I see any of these TRDs on the road, I'm gonna shoot the owner......dumbasses like that deserve no life :D

bornwild
22nd August 2007, 10:36 AM
I'd have to agree. For me it doesn't compare. It's aimed at a different market, even though it's got the HSV/FPV look. Be interesting to see where it's customers are actually persuaded from. There's also the 6 MPS, which is basically as quick, same size, cheaper, xenons, bose stereo... and all wheel drive. I know the comparisons will come.... but i just do not think a person who looks a damn Falcon or Commodore will consider this. More Liberty... mid size luxury sports versions it will compete with. Just my opinion...

The Aurion is a much larger car than the Liberties/Mazdas. For $60k I'd get the F6 Typhoon or Liberty STi or a HSV SS-V with all options.....not a bloody TRD Aurion.....Best option price/performance wise is probably the MPS6! :cool:

GreyRex
22nd August 2007, 10:37 AM
It's in the same price bracket, it's a large sports-saloon....so how do they not compete?

As someone said, the least they could have done is 4WD.....if I see any of these TRDs on the road, I'm gonna shoot the owner......dumbasses like that deserve no life :D

lol they don't compete in the sense that we all know it can't

bornwild
22nd August 2007, 10:43 AM
lol they don't compete in the sense that we all know it can't

hehe I know I know what you meant...but that's Toyota's problem :D:D:D:D

bornwild
22nd August 2007, 10:45 AM
I love the shape of the Aurion, much better than the Commodore and Falcon, but at $61.4k???? I would pay $50k ;)

It's basically a facelifted Camry.....:eek:

Tfer
22nd August 2007, 10:55 AM

Whatever :rolleyes:

Dee
22nd August 2007, 10:58 AM

if that's the case... the VXR is a facelift Astra T.....

*puts flame suit on*

each company has their "performance division" TRD have done me well.... we'll see

Wraith
22nd August 2007, 04:11 PM
It would definitely come down to personal choice that's for sure...certainly not my choice, I too would prefer an XR6T.

I'd say that there would be a certain demographic/buyer for it who dosn't want a Ford or Holden and is after that particular size, look, power/performance vehicle.

I'd like to see a good review on it and know just how good it is or isn't.

digifish
22nd August 2007, 04:49 PM
60K to spend? Golf R32 definitely.

digifish

WLD-18L
22nd August 2007, 05:14 PM
the blower looks nice :)

dug74
22nd August 2007, 08:04 PM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/2070821.002/toyota-trd-aurion-in-depth-au

$61,000 for a FWD 240kW/400Nm car.....okeyyyyyyy.....other options:

Ford XR6T (245kW/480Nm)- $44600
Ford XR8 (250kW/500Nm) - $46500

and the car it directly competes with,

FPV F6 Typhoon (270kW/550Nm) - $61400

......Toyota=Dumbasses.....:cool:

MPS6 2.3L DISI turbo 180kw/380Nm and does 0 - 100 in 6.1sec...same as a 3.5L S/C V6..with more power...wow...toyota..you have breakthrough technology. Also the MPS6 is AWD...so id much rather be on a wet road or twisty mountain run in that...than a fast car that handle like a boat.

Each to their own again....and im sure some grey cardigans will trade in the camry for one.

But i suspect like Mitsa wanting to do the S/C 380....the toyota project will die....Aussies dont wanna pay $60K for a toyota...same happened with the mazda.

I personally would buy either the MPS6 or FPV6....much better cars IMO

Cheers
DUG74

xplosv57
22nd August 2007, 08:40 PM
LOL $60k for an Aurion, gotta love that!!! A Monaro CV8-Z with ultra low k's, if not new can be had for that price, if not cheaper!!!

Think i'll take the rwd 6L V8 which will actually hold some sort of resale value, unlike the fwd Aurion which i can see already being heavily discounted from dealers to move them along!!!!

Or if new, theres so many better choices, SS-V, Z Maloo or XR6T (with options), BMW 130i, 350Z, STi, VXR, im sure theres heaps more......

....would you seriously buy an Aurion over any of those???

dieselhead
22nd August 2007, 09:14 PM
I am really struggling to imagine the typical Aurion TRD buyer. Accountant? Lawyer? Doctor? That's Honda, Porsche, Mercedes. A muscle car fan wouldn't touch it I think. The only think Toyota has in spades, above Ford and Holden, is quality. Or rather just a perception of? :)
Could be the TRD is here just to help the vanilla version, just like Evo sells more dumb Lancers. However, brace yourselves for a big surprise. Toyota is not the largest car (read white goods) manufacturer in the world for nothing...

Wraith
22nd August 2007, 09:47 PM
True that Toyota certainly don't have anything at all to fear about if this car goes belly up...

Their Lexus line alone will keep em afloat (they currently have the Worlds best car with one of their Lexus models)

And the sales success of some mainstream Toyota models speaks for itself - maybe they're just testing the waters with this thing ??

What'll put Toyota back in favour with performance car enthusiasts is a rebirth of the Supra, if it's going to be anything like the FT-HS concept, I think lots of people will be keen.

bornwild
22nd August 2007, 10:08 PM
Toyota is not the largest car (read white goods) manufacturer in the world for nothing...

Now that's a very good way of putting it. :)

bornwild
22nd August 2007, 10:38 PM
....the toyota project will die....

It's actually finalised....it's coming out....:eek:

I agree with you on the MPS6...even though it's way below the cost of this TRD. And yeah...imagine $15000 worth of options on the XR6T....:D:D:D

bornwild
22nd August 2007, 10:49 PM
Does anyone believe that the TRD Aurion makes it to 100km/h in 6.1s?

dug74
22nd August 2007, 11:30 PM

NUP...and i have seen the times these media buffs get with other cars...

And the MPS...is in a better league...as they are around the same price $55K.

Also...i know its not dead....but it will be...when they dont sell.

Oh....i love lexus...so glad they steer themselves away from toyota...when really a IS250 is a camry...just better built and designed.

Cheers
DUG74

Vectracious
22nd August 2007, 11:50 PM
Oh God, Camry Sportivo owners are bad enough, imagine what they will be like with 240kW through the front wheels.... :rolleyes:

EL BURITO
23rd August 2007, 01:03 AM
TBH I can see a few of the executives were dad works getting them. huge discount if they get Toyota. Then again thou it wont be there money paying for it

Shaun
24th August 2007, 07:04 PM
if that's the case... the VXR is a facelift Astra T.....

*puts flame suit on*

each company has their "performance division" TRD have done me well.... we'll see

Exactly whats said above., The Aurion TRD has been engineered to suit. IMHO its a great looking bit of gear. Something toyota have needed for some time now..

xplosv57
24th August 2007, 07:30 PM
Oh God, Camry Sportivo owners are bad enough, imagine what they will be like with 240kW through the front wheels.... :rolleyes:

Hahaha so true!!!! :p

jsantos
24th August 2007, 08:16 PM
The thing to remember here is of course this forum is mainly comprised of people you could call car enthusiasts the buyers of this car would not be. Just like the 95 Aero fwd shite loads of power. They are made for people that want largish, luxurious cars that if they drop the hammer at the lights or on the freeway they will be able to get infront of almost any "normal" car effortlessly (normal refering to non-performance cars) I mean this thing would get infront of me for sure (double the price sure would still do the job) Just look at the 407 pug 155kw fwd 57,000 and i've seen a fair few, they will sell just not to enthusiasts.

Poogene2001
24th August 2007, 09:03 PM
Why are we using the $61K price as comparison when you can get into an Aurion 350S for $56,990?
It wouldnt be to try and make it look like extremely poor value, would it?
Oh and comparing it to a FPV is pretty funny. Wait 3 years and see which has had more warranty claims. I have a feeling it wont be the Toyota.
If straight line speed is the only thing that matters to you then surely you wouldn't even consider either of these options. A 2nd hand lotus elise would be far better.
So just cos none of us can afford any of the cars we are discussing, lets not get all emotional.

Shaun
24th August 2007, 09:34 PM

And why is it not possible for the Aurion TRD to pull these times?
Im Sure your Qualifed to make these claims again.. (after all you have lived in Europe )

235kw with a Supercharger is possible to pull thoses times. Im not saying it doses but it is possible to do them times. Im Sure if Toyota are saying thats the times it has been done.

Shaun
24th August 2007, 09:35 PM

Some how i dont think it will be that bad. I like the looks of it from the pics in todays Sydney Papers.

xplosv57
24th August 2007, 09:46 PM
It's not a bad looking car, but it's not a good looking one either!!! I'm happy they're giving it a go, and a friend involved told me alot of development went into this motor.

However, marketing it as a sports car yet being large, fwd and close to/or above $60k, i just believe there are alot of better options, for the same, if not less dollars!!!!

AWD would make a big difference though!! But then again, Mitsubishi failed trying that!!!!

bornwild
24th August 2007, 09:58 PM
Why are we using the $61K price as comparison when you can get into an Aurion 350S for $56,990?
Because you can't get into one without at least $60k.

It wouldnt be to try and make it look like extremely poor value, would it?
I don't have to try. It's all automatic.

Oh and comparing it to a FPV is pretty funny. Wait 3 years and see which has had more warranty claims. I have a feeling it wont be the Toyota.
Wouldn't be too sure about your feeling.

If straight line speed is the only thing that matters to you then surely you wouldn't even consider either of these options. A 2nd hand lotus elise would be far better.
Not the point. Point being it's an overpriced Camry.

So just cos none of us can afford any of the cars we are discussing, lets not get all emotional.
Doesn't even deserve comment.

bornwild
24th August 2007, 10:04 PM
And why is it not possible for the Aurion TRD to pull these times?

Because a 300kg and only 80Nm lighter HSV Vxr does it in hardly that time.

And mate, I'm not gonna tell you again to back the f**k off with personal remarks.

bornwild
24th August 2007, 10:05 PM
The thing to remember here is of course this forum is mainly comprised of people you could call car enthusiasts the buyers of this car would not be. Just like the 95 Aero fwd shite loads of power. They are made for people that want largish, luxurious cars that if they drop the hammer at the lights or on the freeway they will be able to get infront of almost any "normal" car effortlessly (normal refering to non-performance cars) I mean this thing would get infront of me for sure (double the price sure would still do the job) Just look at the 407 pug 155kw fwd 57,000 and i've seen a fair few, they will sell just not to enthusiasts.

Spot on mate.

Also, as dieselhead said:

Toyota is not the largest car (read white goods) manufacturer in the world for nothing...

MatsHolden
24th August 2007, 10:21 PM

And mate, I'm not gonna tell you again to back the f**k off with personal remarks.

VXR's got a power to weight ratio of 6.9kg/kw and the Aurion TRD has a power to weight ratio of 6.6kg/kw (going by the Aurion's base 1590kg mass). So 'should' be about the same. Depending on how it delivers it's power to the road.

bornwild
24th August 2007, 10:28 PM
The TRD has around 1700kg. :)

P/W=1700/240=7.083kg/kW :)

MatsHolden
24th August 2007, 10:32 PM
The TRD has around 1700kg. :)

P/W=1700/240=7.083kg/kW :)

Still good enough on paper to see low 6's. But it's not a car about power. Having said it's not a car about power, 240kw isn't exactly lacking.

Shaun
24th August 2007, 11:09 PM

Again your showing your lack of Knowledge..... They are not personal attacks. Stop giving people miss leading information and Comments. Your making comments that have no substance. its Very clear you dont know what your talking about at times. Which is fine but dont make your self look so stupid.

Just to clear it up. Being an AUTOMATIC it will get off the mark much better then a Manual as its a KNOWN fact that an Automatic will beat a Manual off the mark 9 time out of 10. Hence why i said it would Pull those times along with its Power to Weight ratio . Hence why i qouted you.....

VXR's got a power to weight ratio of 6.9kg/kw and the Aurion TRD has a power to weight ratio of 6.6kg/kw (going by the Aurion's base 1590kg mass). So 'should' be about the same. Depending on how it delivers it's power to the road.

Still good enough on paper to see low 6's. But it's not a car about power. Having said it's not a car about power, 240kw isn't exactly lacking.

I totally agree Matt. Should be able to do those times. The Power is quite good. I wouldnt mind having a drive of one . A guy at work has a Sportivo Aurion and it shocked me how well they go. They arent a slouch so i guess the TRD Aurion wont be any slouch either...

Charlatan
24th August 2007, 11:10 PM
No toyota gets the green light unless it stacks up financially. Toyota have stated that this is not a competitor for the HSV/FPV. More in line with the MPS and Liberty GT. Yes they are AWD, but lets wait for some real world specs, AWD doesn't always mean its a better drive.

No AWD on the toyota as it was too expensive and difficult to engineer.

Shaun
24th August 2007, 11:25 PM
Exactly... where did the idea of them going up against HSV and FPV come from? if they wanted to do that they would have dropped a V8 into it instead.

Personally i think they will take the fight to the Liberty and the Mazda. Granted the Liberty and the Mazda 6 have AWD. The draw card will be the fact it has more power then both the Liberty and Mazda and the market they are aiming at wont be the type of people who buy them to moddify them. they will be happy with the Power. Whats the fuel figures for Aurion TRD ?

bornwild
25th August 2007, 12:12 AM
The Aurion isn't exactly a medium-sized saloon like the Liberty and Mazda6....don't know how it makes sense to compete with a completely different class of car. And it's always been talk of 'bringing the fight to FPV and HSV'. ;)

Shaun
25th August 2007, 09:04 AM
The Aurion isn't exactly a medium-sized saloon like the Liberty and Mazda6....don't know how it makes sense to compete with a completely different class of car. And it's always been talk of 'bringing the fight to FPV and HSV'. ;)

They will take on the SV6 and the XR6 (N/A) Not HSV or FPV products . And it still beats both of the on power.

But they would be targeting the Liberty and MPS Potental Buyers.

xplosv57
25th August 2007, 10:57 AM
They will take on the SV6 and the XR6 (N/A) Not HSV or FPV products . And it still beats both of the on power.

How would it compete against the SV6 and the N/A XR6, when both those cars are at least $10k less than the Aurion?? Doesn't make sense to me!!

The Aurions pricing puts it up against the SS-V and the XR6T/XR8, in which the Aurion is lacking in all areas!!!!

Shaun
25th August 2007, 11:11 AM
How would it compete against the SV6 and the N/A XR6, when both those cars are at least $10k less than the Aurion?? Doesn't make sense to me!!

The Aurions pricing puts it up against the SS-V and the XR6T/XR8, in which the Aurion is lacking in all areas!!!!

Size and Power wise im refering to.. Not Price.

bornwild
25th August 2007, 12:41 PM

Discrimination at its' peak :D:D.
Cars compete according to price-range and car-class, not engine power/size.;)

The XR6T is $12k less, has more power and is a locally developed car...and RWD. :cool:

Shaun
25th August 2007, 04:35 PM
Discrimination at its' peak :D:D.
Cars compete according to price-range and car-class, not engine power/size.;)

The XR6T is $12k less, has more power and is a locally developed car...and RWD. :cool:

Ahhh I believe the Aurion is a Locally built vehicle too. At the end of the day people will buy it. And onething is for sure none of you here will be able to afford it. Maybe thats why your crying about it... Because you cant afford it...
They are a decent looking car with decent power . They will sell. They are different. Not everyone is after a Commodore or Falcon ....

They can be compared how ever one wishes.. most people buy on a budget and thats what decides what people buy. Those who want something different and have the cash will buy it.. Same as the SRi T V HSV VXR Arguement.

xplosv57
25th August 2007, 06:02 PM
Size and Power wise im refering to.. Not Price.

Okay then, well if it competes in power and size with the SV6 and XR6, then the sales of both are only going to increase as the Aurion is priced closer to the SS-V/XR8, but is only comparable to the cheaper model, great idea!!!

And onething is for sure none of you here will be able to afford it. Maybe thats why your crying about it... Because you cant afford it...

Because you know every single member here and their financial situation, good on ya!!!

I know a few members here that can afford a $60k+ car, and heck there's nothing stopping me taking out a loan, but i know for sure if was to take out such a loan, i'd be steering well clear of the Aurion!!!

Heck it's just an opinion, i'm not here crying cos i can't afford it, i just think it's in the wrong price bracket for what it is!!!!

bornwild
25th August 2007, 07:21 PM
And onething is for sure none of you here will be able to afford it. Maybe thats why your crying about it... Because you cant afford it...

Maybe that's why I pre-ordered the C63 AMG...:rolleyes:

Dowie
25th August 2007, 08:04 PM
my mother has an aurion with 18" kappa rims.
stunning car. magical when u use tiptronic. handles beautifully.
powerful for a v6. no complaints whatsoever for what u get for your money.

bornwild
25th August 2007, 09:03 PM
my mother has an aurion with 18" kappa rims.
stunning car. magical when u use tiptronic. handles beautifully.
powerful for a v6. no complaints whatsoever for what u get for your money.

Honda (http://www.worldcarfans.com/2070821.007/new-2008-honda-accord-revealed-in-depth) seems to agree with you.

Shaun
25th August 2007, 11:12 PM
Okay then, well if it competes in power and size with the SV6 and XR6, then the sales of both are only going to increase as the Aurion is priced closer to the SS-V/XR8, but is only comparable to the cheaper model, great idea!!!

Because you know every single member here and their financial situation, good on ya!!!

I know a few members here that can afford a $60k+ car, and heck there's nothing stopping me taking out a loan, but i know for sure if was to take out such a loan, i'd be steering well clear of the Aurion!!!

Heck it's just an opinion, i'm not here crying cos i can't afford it, i just think it's in the wrong price bracket for what it is!!!!

I wasnt refering to you... I was refering to the Smart Ass critics that seem to bad it out with out driving it.... 9 out of 10 cant afford to buy a 60k+ car. If they could they wouldnt be here now would they...

Shaun
25th August 2007, 11:14 PM
Maybe that's why I pre-ordered the C63 AMG...:rolleyes:

Have you just.... thats nice... Whens it Due and whats your SONO number ?

Vectracious
25th August 2007, 11:59 PM
Some how i dont think it will be that bad. I like the looks of it from the pics in todays Sydney Papers.

It does look good in the pics, and I'm sure Toyota didn't do a half assed job with engineering - it will drive well - it will probably be a boring drive, but well nonetheless.

Was referring more to the type of driver.... I dunno what its like up in NSW, but here in Vic, more often than not, your typical Camry Sportivo driver is a bald 40 something extremely frustrated white collar male that has a beef with everybody on the road and drives like a complete tosspot.

bornwild
26th August 2007, 03:00 AM
Have you just.... thats nice... Whens it Due and whats your SONO number ?
You'd know that if you work for daimler, that the letters have just been sent out to select customers to make them aware of the new C-class AMG version. No pre-orders are being taken yet.
;)

My old man has the E55 atm, I don't get to drive it.....:mad:

bornwild
26th August 2007, 03:08 AM
Was referring more to the type of driver.... I dunno what its like up in NSW, but here in Vic, more often than not, your typical Camry Sportivo driver is a bald 40 something extremely frustrated white collar male that has a beef with everybody on the road and drives like a complete tosspot.

Every Toyota driver is like that....maybe not 40yrs old but the rest is true. Can I use this as my sig?:D

bornwild
26th August 2007, 03:14 AM
Now a serious question, why is it only 400Nm out of a supercharged 3.5L engine....@4000RPM!!!! That's ridiculously low torque at a very high rotational speed.

xplosv57
26th August 2007, 07:15 AM
Now a serious question, why is it only 400Nm out of a supercharged 3.5L engine....@4000RPM!!!! That's ridiculously low torque at a very high rotational speed.

Hmmm again i think it comes down to the issue of FWD, they would have to create a bulletproof driveline to handle alot of torque so i assume the 400Nm is the max safe torque limit they could release the car with and still keep other components happy!!!!

Another plus for AWD/RWD!!!!

Vectracious
26th August 2007, 09:32 AM
Hmmm again i think it comes down to the issue of FWD, they would have to create a bulletproof driveline to handle alot of torque so i assume the 400Nm is the max safe torque limit they could release the car with and still keep other components happy!!!!

Another plus for AWD/RWD!!!!

I would have thought they would have limited the torque for FWD driveability rather than having any concerns about the driveline handling it. :confused:

Shaun
26th August 2007, 10:56 AM
You'd know that if you work for daimler, that the letters have just been sent out to select customers to make them aware of the new C-class AMG version. No pre-orders are being taken yet.
;)

My old man has the E55 atm, I don't get to drive it.....:mad:

And thats why i asked you the question....

Shaun
26th August 2007, 10:57 AM
It does look good in the pics, and I'm sure Toyota didn't do a half assed job with engineering - it will drive well - it will probably be a boring drive, but well nonetheless.

Ohh yeah in that respect.. the guy at work who has one is alittle like that. only with more hair...

bornwild
26th August 2007, 03:12 PM
I would have thought they would have limited the torque for FWD driveability rather than having any concerns about the driveline handling it. :confused:

Torque ain't limited...I think I read on one of the autoblogs that it is so low because the engine wasn't made to produce a lot of power but rather for comfort and economy. I would have thought that out of a supercharged 3.5L you'd get 450Nm at least from around 2500RPM easy.:)

edit: after all, 400Nm is something that the modern-day 2.0L turbodiesels have from 1800-1900RPM. :D

Vectracious
26th August 2007, 03:25 PM
What psi is the blower running at?

bornwild
26th August 2007, 04:24 PM
Maybe 8...not even probably.

Shaun
26th August 2007, 04:47 PM
Normal for a factory tune to be low.. But still would have potental of over 10 psi at least...

GreyRex
27th August 2007, 01:37 PM
Ahhh I believe the Aurion is a Locally built vehicle too. At the end of the day people will buy it. And onething is for sure none of you here will be able to afford it. Maybe thats why your crying about it... Because you cant afford it...
They are a decent looking car with decent power . They will sell. They are different. Not everyone is after a Commodore or Falcon ....

They can be compared how ever one wishes.. most people buy on a budget and thats what decides what people buy. Those who want something different and have the cash will buy it.. Same as the SRi T V HSV VXR Arguement.

You should be banned from this forum. You're an idiot

Huhness
27th August 2007, 01:44 PM
My dad is mad keen on toyota and was mad keen on this car! but he and I both know this car is stupid. All that power through the front wheels! his current V6 camry has too much already and he has driven the aurion and although its improved was expecting better!

He'll probably be looking at a Liberty GT.. Much nicer!! :D

Shaun
27th August 2007, 04:24 PM
and who said people who look at this car wouldnt look at buying a Liberty as another option.

Tfer
27th August 2007, 04:31 PM
What an amazing read..... and this is exactly what seems to happen, everytime someone introduces a non-Opel :rolleyes:

As Holden doesn't have a replacement for the Vectra that is worthy for me, if and when I change cars, I will be looking elsewhere. But never have I been limited to a specific style, size, power etc....

A couple of the cars on my short list atm....

Audi TT
2nd Hand Audi RS6
Volvo C30 (the sport's one)
Alfa GT (3.2l)
BMW X5
Porsche Cayenne
Porsche BoxsterAnd I would not be considering a Commodore/Falcon derived variety.... but would consider this Aurion ;)

So what pidgeon hole does that put me in..... none here that I can find, and that is my whole point. A car does it for me, for whatever reason it does, and I really haven't compared apples with applies.

My 2 cents :)

Shaun
27th August 2007, 04:37 PM
You should be banned from this forum. You're an idiot

Ohh go have a cry would you ... Face it. Everyone here drives what the drive because they have a budget. hence why i said and stand buy it...

GreyRex
27th August 2007, 04:40 PM
and who said people who look at this car wouldnt look at buying a Liberty as another option.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That is what this forum is for. Don't be rude and claim that no one on this forum can afford a particular price bracket. It's not necessary.

Tfer
27th August 2007, 04:45 PM
Ohh go have a cry would you ... Face it. Everyone here drives what the drive because they have a budget. hence why i said and stand buy it...

Just a tad of an over generalisation me thinks.... I am currently driving my Veccy C into the ground as it is great for my tax position... sure I would love to up spec into one of the previously mentioned cars that I posted, but the time is not right.... and that has nothing to do with a budget ;)

And my budget is a lot bigger than my Veccy C :rolleyes:

Shaun
27th August 2007, 04:56 PM
What an amazing read..... and this is exactly what seems to happen, everytime someone introduces a non-Opel :rolleyes:

I second that statement.

Shaun
27th August 2007, 05:00 PM
Just a tad of an over generalisation me thinks.... I am currently driving my Veccy C into the ground as it is great for my tax position... sure I would love to up spec into one of the previously mentioned cars that I posted, but the time is not right.... and that has nothing to do with a budget ;)

And my budget is a lot bigger than my Veccy C :rolleyes:

90% of members here couldnt afford more then what they drive. There is nothing wrong with that. But the point im trying to get across is stop bagging things out . Its the same arguement with the " Barina threads" Not everyone can afford the Higher end products in the small cars from Holden.

Hence why im voical about it.

MatsHolden
27th August 2007, 06:50 PM
Thread Locked. Don't think I need to explain why...