PDA

View Full Version : Opel Badged SRi - Question

av8or
12th June 2004, 10:51 PM
Well guys my gear arrived from Alec in Ireland on Thursday. $250AUD all up including the Front Grille (standard Opel Grille) 4 Alloy wheel hubs, Air Bag Badge & Rear OPEL & Logo, plus he sent me a New Astra Catalogue :)

I went and saw my mates & the panel shop and we fitted all the new badges today, it looks wiked. Nice to have a different SRi & still have not seen any others in Perth (common Guys !!)

However my question to you guys is regarding the Air Bag Badge. Alec did say that he has supplied the air bag badge to some other guys off this forum and they were successful in fitting it. However we did not try today and i am seeking others advise regards this issue.

I apologise if this issue has been done to death, but it would be really sweet to get that badge changed (I have already ordered Opel Logo's for my sheepskins to change it from the Holden Logo).

Thanks guys,

Andy :D

sijay
14th June 2004, 11:29 AM
there was a post floating around somewhere about it?.... basically the general feeling was that if you start hamering away at it the airbag will release (an nobody wants that)

I was under the impression the only way to do it was to remove the entire steering wheel assembly and replace it with a new one.

Goodluck

AnthonyW
14th June 2004, 11:47 AM
there was a post floating around somewhere about it?.... basically the general feeling was that if you start hamering away at it the airbag will release (an nobody wants that)

I was under the impression the only way to do it was to remove the entire steering wheel assembly and replace it with a new one.

Goodluck

find my post's with what i have said about my air bag badge , disconect the battery use a small screw driver and be darn careful if you dont think you can do it i'd be leaving it alone.
let me know what you think

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?p=21490#21490

Vampire
14th June 2004, 02:42 PM
Hey Andy, which panel shop you go get it done and how much? I just ordered mine as week... should be arriving any minute now

Thanks.

av8or
14th June 2004, 02:56 PM
Wanneroo Smash Repairs.

Cost = Zilch....

I'm friends with them. They pulled the old ones off, buffed off any minor abrasion's gave the tailgate a buff. Then I polished & stuck the new ones on. If you give them a call and speak to Neil I'm sure they will do it for you @ a very reasonable rate. They are top blokes.

Are yours going on an SRi?

Were abouts are you located?

Did you order yours from Alec in Ireland?

Andy

Vampire
14th June 2004, 03:10 PM
hhmm... Wanneroo's a bit far...

Are yours going on an SRi? Yes

Were abouts are you located? SOR (Riverton)

Did you order yours from Alec in Ireland? Yes