PDA

View Full Version : Just saying 'Hello'

tappets
19th August 2007, 09:50 AM
Hi all. I am 60 and just retiring, I have been in the building trade for the past 40 years commercial plastering, mainly new shop fitouts and have run out of puff. Leave it to the young blokes. I live in Coffs Harbour because its slow, easy to get around, near enough to everywhere and perfect weather, friendly people and just love it. Have worked most of my life in Canberra and my boys are there running the business. I have been a rev head all my life, even as a highway patrol cooper S driver in the 60's. Just sold a absolute rocket mitsubishi mirage 12.8 standing quarter car which was a sleeper, GT28R turbo, billet and forged everything Cost me $60k always had my hand in my wallet. But now have a new Astra CDTI dark blue. In for its first service in a couple of weeks and then will fit my DTUK CRD2 which is in transit from UK at the moment. I will keep you posted on its install and progress. Love to travel and commute between Canberra and Gold coast regularly. Regards Tappets.

shoey85
19th August 2007, 11:02 AM
Hi all. I am 60 and just retiring, I have been in the building trade for the past 40 years commercial plastering, mainly new shop fitouts and have run out of puff. Leave it to the young blokes. I live in Coffs Harbour because its slow, easy to get around, near enough to everywhere and perfect weather, friendly people and just love it. Have worked most of my life in Canberra and my boys are there running the business. I have been a rev head all my life, even as a highway patrol cooper S driver in the 60's. Just sold a absolute rocket mitsubishi mirage 12.8 standing quarter car which was a sleeper, GT28R turbo, billet and forged everything Cost me $60k always had my hand in my wallet. But now have a new Astra CDTI dark blue. In for its first service in a couple of weeks and then will fit my DTUK CRD2 which is in transit from UK at the moment. I will keep you posted on its install and progress. Love to travel and commute between Canberra and Gold coast regularly. Regards Tappets.

hey mate, welcome to opel aus, the diesel is a good choice for fuel consumption so i found out ;) , have fun with this site.

bornwild
19th August 2007, 01:26 PM
Welcome mate, enjoy your stay at OpelAus. :)

Nawtee
19th August 2007, 04:37 PM
Hey there Tappets,

My husband has just fitted the CRD2 to our CDTi, and are VERY impressed with it soo far!! Absolutely Loving it!!!!

Enjoy the site and enjoy the car!!

btm
20th August 2007, 08:54 AM
welcome to the site champ

Tfer
20th August 2007, 10:07 AM
Welcome to Opelaus tappets.... enjoy your time here :)

Seeing as you seem to spend some time on the Gold Coast, why don't you also check out the Queensland sub forum for upcoming events/cruises :)

Greggy
21st August 2007, 06:35 PM
Welcome aboard mate !

Enjoy your stay :D