PDA

View Full Version : Alloy WHeel repair in Sydney? Anyone had it done (gutter rash)

kuruptz
16th August 2007, 10:24 AM
Hey guys,

So annoyed right now, all i can say is westfields carpark!

Is there any places that people have heard do a good job of repairing mag wheels?

The finish on it is just the stock holden finish (2006 astra turbo wheels) and scratches are around the outer edge closest to the tyre, about 20cm around.

I got quoted $220 and another place $120

Is there anything i can do for now to get rid of the black sutff left within the scratch?

bornwild
16th August 2007, 10:30 AM
Pics? Don't know of any places in Sydney but around $150-$200 sounds about right.

OPC
16th August 2007, 10:53 AM
ah shit ay

i actually was gunna get my old turbo rims fixed from the scratches

there was a place in windsor but i cant remember what the number is sorry

that price is good so id go with any of those quotes

kuruptz
16th August 2007, 10:55 AM
Called another place and he is a mobile repairer so he comes to me, and its between $100 and $120 he said after i told him all the info.

Think i will go with him, as its convenient and it gets done at my house as i wait, and i can tell him if im happy with it or not.

With gutter rash they basically all fix it the same way dont they? no reason to go the more expensive option?

Greg K
20th August 2007, 03:23 PM
got mine done at Aluminium Engineering @ Brookvale was around $60 a rim..

ALUMINIUM ENGINEERING
89 Old Pittwater Road
BROOKVALE 2100 NSW
Phone: (02) 9939 6319

kuruptz
20th August 2007, 06:01 PM
Did they do a good job, can you see the repair?

How long did it take them to do? DO you drop the rim in and pick it up another day?

Thanks alot.

Charlatan
20th August 2007, 09:25 PM
Magman @ punchbowl is the guy you want. He's a bit ecentric (and you have to go to punchbowl!) but his work is faultless. I had a completely fcked Barina SRi 16" wheel, so same as the turbo, and he fixed it perfectly.

PS - dont blame the carpark :)

Greg K
21st August 2007, 01:32 PM
Did they do a good job, can you see the repair?

How long did it take them to do? DO you drop the rim in and pick it up another day?

Thanks alot.

well i had two buckeld rims (from previous owner) and heaps of gutter rashes (again from previous owner)
and they came out perfect! straight as on the wheel balancer and not a mark on them. if your around the east, then you can come and have a look for yourself..

yes you do have to take it to them, and depending on how busy they are and how involved the damage is it most likely wont be ready the next day... mine took three weeks coz i also had them sandblasted, and powder coated in white
but overall they are excellent and cheap to...
best thing to do is give them a call or pop around to show them what need to be done
Greg K