PDA

View Full Version : Yet another n00bie

sooty
14th August 2007, 07:22 PM
Hey all,
good to finally see a forum that has some helpful advice about the Astras...this is the only one that i have found at all helpful.
Well most important info....The ride....2007 Holden Astra CDTi 6 spd manual...stock...other than a 12" clarion sub in the boot. I am looking to put 19"s on it and have the funds available just can't push myself over that little ledge to be commited enough to actually get them as it's a big expense for purely aesthetic gain...but i'm sure they look SWEET :D

As for me, i'm 19 (in 2 days), live in the outer east burbs of melbourne, go to uni and am really looking forward to coming on one of the victorian cruises, it's good to be amongst kin who truly realise the potential of the cars.

I think i've wasted enough of your time....thanks for reading and i'll catch up with the melbournians soon.

Later!

Ishley
14th August 2007, 07:36 PM
Welcome! Sounds like you certainly have some nice plans for your CDTi. What colour is it???

Any questions about your car, just ask. I am more then sure there are other Diesel heads around here.

sooty
14th August 2007, 07:56 PM
Sorry...forgot to say....it's pannacotta (the goldy silver)....wasn't my first preference but i had already been stuffed around waiting for another car for 3 months so the quicker it was the better...it looks really good though so i'm happy.

I don't have any specific questions other than what the stud pattern is....5*110??? other than that my questions are very general...just interested in what sorta mods people are getting...prices...and where from if they are in melbourne :D

shoey85
14th August 2007, 09:15 PM
Sorry...forgot to say....it's pannacotta (the goldy silver)....wasn't my first preference but i had already been stuffed around waiting for another car for 3 months so the quicker it was the better...it looks really good though so i'm happy.

I don't have any specific questions other than what the stud pattern is....5*110??? other than that my questions are very general...just interested in what sorta mods people are getting...prices...and where from if they are in melbourne :D

Welcome, good choice of car ;p, yeah stud pattern is 5 on 110 i found that to get rims i would have to get them custom drilled, makes them expensive.

MatsHolden
14th August 2007, 09:22 PM
Welcome mate. We'll get you approved for the Vic site ASAP. Everything Vic related is on there, so you'll find it helpful.

Cheers
Mat (Vic Admin)

Tfer
14th August 2007, 09:40 PM
Welcome to Opelaus diesel110.... and enjoy your time here :D

btm
15th August 2007, 08:48 AM
welcome to the site mate, congrats on the purchase!

bornwild
15th August 2007, 08:54 AM
Welcome to OpelAus and congrats! ;)

sooty
16th August 2007, 05:58 PM
Woo....well i'm now 19....and my parents didn't get me a greenbox for my birthday....nor a set of 19"s....i have to say i'm thoroughly disappointed :p although not surprised. 19"s for my 19th....well....i think it fits....:D .

Anyway...being more serious...i am genuinely considering a greenbox. But as it's my first car, and i payed for it by myself etc, i wanna be completely certain that there's going to be no problems....and what does holden think about it? does it void your warranty? would i have to change my insurance?

Silly questions i know but i may as well get all the facts...

Thanx in advance for anyone who lends me a hand.

shoey85
16th August 2007, 07:04 PM
Woo....well i'm now 19....and my parents didn't get me a greenbox for my birthday....nor a set of 19"s....i have to say i'm thoroughly disappointed :p although not surprised. 19"s for my 19th....well....i think it fits....:D .

Anyway...being more serious...i am genuinely considering a greenbox. But as it's my first car, and i payed for it by myself etc, i wanna be completely certain that there's going to be no problems....and what does holden think about it? does it void your warranty? would i have to change my insurance?

Silly questions i know but i may as well get all the facts...

Thanx in advance for anyone who lends me a hand.

well what Holden dont know dont hurt, i sugest that you remove it when you get the car serviced, insurance you could just try them out tell them its for economy.

ope126
16th August 2007, 07:16 PM
Welcome mate, nice choice of car there. There are time when I wish I still had my Astra CDTi...(Like each time I fill up petrol!!!)

Glenn

bornwild
16th August 2007, 07:25 PM
Certainly does void your warranty and you won't get insured(not cheap anyway) with that thing. It counts as an ECU tune.

As shoey said, take it off before service and in case you require insurance work take it off at the scene.

Disclaimer: I didn't say that.

guy 27
16th August 2007, 07:54 PM
welcome to the site.

sooty
16th August 2007, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately being under 25, male, and driving a turbo car insurance companies already hate me at the best of times. GIO wanted to charge $5500pa with a $2500 excess.....i just started laughing on the phone...i'm at $1800pa atm anyway with just car, so hopefully they wouldn't mind too much lol (wishful thinking)

I am somewhat of a novice when it actually comes to physically doing anything to the car (theory i'm not too shabby) but how easy is it to remove and put back?

Hmmm...i wonder if popping the bonnet at the scene of an accident and frantically pulling bits out of your engine looks suspicious :D

Why must all good things in life be so difficult:confused:

Thanks for all the help guys...

EL BURITO
17th August 2007, 12:07 AM
it plugs in and out apparently easy

anasta-cabrio
17th August 2007, 01:05 AM
Welcome to OpelAus :cool: