PDA

View Full Version : Holden Service Dissatisfaction

Geebs
14th August 2007, 11:58 AM
This morning I dropped my car off for its 15,000 km service at Preston Motors in South Melbourne.

Since I bought the car, it has been somewhat veering to the left. When I first got it, I complained about this to the dealer I bought it from (Booran Holden in Cheltenham) and I took it back for them twice and they did a wheel alignment.

The problem is still happening so I told the guys at Preston this morning. They're now telling me that I need to take it back to Booran for them to look at. I said this was inconvenient (as I live around the corner from Preston motors and Cheltenham is a pain to take the car too) and they said bad luck, and that any wheel alignment problems are done by the delivery dealer. They then went on to defensively give me another example and tell me that GM also don't do rattles under warranty after the first 3,000km service, which I found interesting since I was not complaining about any rattles.

In my opinion, the car had a problem when I bought it, so if you ask me, I should be able to take it to any Holden dealer to be adressed under warranty. Perhaps im being unreasonable????

:mad:

USC
14th August 2007, 12:05 PM
mate, speak to holden customer assist. They are very helpful.

Go to Pedders. They are a lot better than dealers with wheel alignment etc...dealerships have a lot of bad apprentices working on new cars...If it was not for warranty, i would never service my car at dealerships...

SIMid
14th August 2007, 12:07 PM
I had issues with the dealer (Fawkner- Mantello) I bought my Astra from and I had even written a formal compliant to GMH in Port Melbourne as they will not resolve my issues. They looked into it and spoke to the Dealer Principal. But at the end of the day, GMH can't do anything as each dealershit is a franchise and they can basically do/charge whatever they wish.

I'm looking into taking my Astra to another dealership when the 15K/12mnths comes up. I will also be advising them the rattles as well.

I know how U feel Geebs. :mad:

SIMid
14th August 2007, 12:10 PM
mate, speak to holden customer assist. They are very helpful.

I wrote a 3 page report regarding my issues and at the end of the day, pppttthhh! They did jack for me.

blueraven
14th August 2007, 12:50 PM
my astra was bought at a completely different stealership than where i had all of my warranty work done. They never raised it as an issue.

either way, now its out of warranty, you couldnt force me to take it back to holden for ANYTHING!!

USC
14th August 2007, 12:53 PM
Ive noticed that Preston motors is one of the most expensive dealers around (spare parts, sevice etc).

Go to Barloworld Holden or Penfold Burwood...they are quite good with warranty work...

Wraith
dealerships have a lot of bad apprentices working on new cars...If it was not for warranty, i would never service my car at dealerships...

This is so true, I won't even mention what I've seen going on in and around Holden service centres......

But you DO NOT have to take your car back to Holden service centres to maintain warranty !!!

rjastra
Stop whinging and just get an alignment done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Geebs
14th August 2007, 12:55 PM
Ive noticed that Preston motors is one of the most expensive dealers around (spare parts, sevice etc).

Go to Barloworld Holden or Penfold Burwood...they are quite good with warranty work...

Yeah I know, they did quote the highest price for the service, however the advantage of dropping the car off and walking for 1 minute to get home outweighed the $20 price difference of taking it elsewhere!!

....and im not whinging, just dissatisfied with their attitude. If I buy a new car with a warranty, I expect that I should not have too many issues getting something fixed. Thanks for your feedback though.

DirtyHarry
14th August 2007, 01:31 PM
yeah like your self you learn the hard way.

when i bought my car it was verring to the left aswell, i mentioned this for the 1500km free service and apparently they said they fixed it. but they didnt.

moral of the story is, when you go to pick up your car, take it for a nice long test drive and if it there is any problems, tell them to fix it and dont hand over that cheque till its done.

thats what i should have done, but i was just too excited by the moment.

But anyway, i took the car to my local alignment place (Ace tyres in smithfield) and they are very good, gave me the print out of the values after the alignment (so that i can compare them to the specs for my vehicle) and everything is sweet now.

luvpsi
14th August 2007, 01:37 PM
Stop whinging and just get an alignment done by someone who knows what they are doing.

it is most likely not an alignment problem if it keeps re-occurring

USC
14th August 2007, 02:11 PM
It keeps reoccuring because holden is probably not doing anything to fix it in the first place! seriously, go to pedders. You wont regret it. They have excellent equipment and are able to give you print outs of exact measurements (camber...etc). They even have kits to fix alignment that cannot be adjusted. They are quite pricey but well worth it.

RudeOne
14th August 2007, 04:03 PM
The HSV service dealers in brisbane don't even have wheel alignment facilities!

OPC
14th August 2007, 04:18 PM
maybe its too much torque steer hahahahahahahaha

Shaun
14th August 2007, 04:31 PM
They cant say they wont look at rattles. sounds like they are being picky..

xplosv57
14th August 2007, 06:56 PM
I had issues with the dealer (Fawkner- Mantello) I bought my Astra from...

Yeah i bought my car from that same povvo dealer and got the same crap service when i took it back for its major service!!

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9565

With my latest car, ive tossed the warranty and started servicing it myself, at least i know its being done properly!!!

Geebs one thing i can suggest to you is, when you get the wheel alignment done, make sure you wait there and watch them do it, then go out with the technician on a roadtest so they can show you its driving straight!!!

MatsHolden
14th August 2007, 07:52 PM
The HSV service dealers in brisbane don't even have wheel alignment facilities!

Not many Holden dealers (if any) have wheel alignment facilities. What they do is, is send your car around to the local Tyrepower, Pedders and the like.

And Geebs, that BS they told you about rattles is just that... utter BS. And yes, any Holden dealer is supposed to treat all customers vehicles the same regardless of whether it was bought from the dealership.

Shaun
14th August 2007, 10:02 PM
Not many Holden dealers (if any) have wheel alignment facilities. What they do is, is send your car around to the local Tyrepower, Pedders and the like.

And Geebs, that BS they told you about rattles is just that... utter BS. And yes, any Holden dealer is supposed to treat all customers vehicles the same regardless of whether it was bought from the dealership.

Well i know my dealership have the Wheel Alignment tools. Considering they own the Tyre Power outlet up the road .

Some dealerships do make the investment in alignment equipment because they offer the " total package" in house.

And its a good way to make income when servicing is carried out.

Shaun

SIMid
15th August 2007, 08:27 AM
Yeah i bought my car from that same povvo dealer and got the same crap service when i took it back for its major service!!

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9565

Dam, I should of read this post before I bought my Astra from them. :rolleyes:

How about this one to add to insult, took the Astra for it's first 3K service. Requested to have the oil and filter changed which I will pay for. They called me up an hour later to tell me that they have no oil filters!!! "Do you still want the oil changed?" Absolute ****en joke. I said they are like a consumerable items and I find it hard to believe they did not have any. Obviously they couldn't be ****ed getting one from another dealershit.

It's like going to JB-HiFi and them saying "sorry, we ran out of CDs."

bornwild
15th August 2007, 08:51 AM
They called me up an hour later to tell me that they have no oil filters!!! "Do you still want the oil changed?" Absolute ****en joke. I said they are like a consumerable items and I find it hard to believe they did not have any. Obviously they couldn't be ****ed getting one from another dealershit.

It's like going to JB-HiFi and them saying "sorry, we ran out of CDs."

Bwahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahah...CLASSIC!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I bought mine from Watson Holden in Bundoora(Melbourne)...hopefully they're good!!