PDA

View Full Version : New R35 GTR Godzilla

Wraith
13th August 2007, 01:42 PM
Couldn't find the previous thread, so I've just started this new one...

Just thought some of you would be interested in seeing some of the latest pics of this animal - good looking animal it is :D - being thrown around the Nurburgring....story is they're trying to claim the fastest time title with this car.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_article.aspx?cp-documentid=5171656

DirtyHarry
13th August 2007, 03:57 PM
i dont know if its the camouflage, but the car looks pretty plain and boxy to me

imay
13th August 2007, 04:04 PM
Very nearly had an "accident" the other day . . . driving to work and spied this awesome looking car in the rear view mirror. Purposely dawdled waiting for it to catch up in the stop-start traffic. Never seen anything like this before. Big, brutish, silver and looking fabulous! Huge Brembo brakes, about the same size exhausts, and a smart looking suit at the wheel. Eventually he rolled past me displaying a Nissan circle and SKYLINE badge across the back end. WTF!!! On the phone as soon as I got to work trying to describe this to my son for confirmation. "Could this have been a R35 mule?" "Not likely, dad. Probably JUST a V35. I'll send you a pic for you to compare."

Yes, that's what it was. Oh to be old, and have a son that knows it all!

Still looked bloody nice though! Also gives me some idea of how absolutely awesome this next Godzilla is going to look.

Wraith
13th August 2007, 04:47 PM
Totally agree Ian, I look at those pics and see the exact opposite to what Dirty harry sees lol :)

To me it looks just AWESOME even in those tiny pics and covered up with camo, can just imagine how monstrous it'll look in the flesh.....

I'll post another link I found of the new Nissan 400Z that's also got a glimpse of the front end of an R35 in black behind it - definitely looks awesome, even from just the little glimpse you see there....

here it is........check out the black beast behind the 400Z
http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_article.aspx?cp-documentid=5382504

btm
13th August 2007, 05:02 PM
it looks very long

nadg63
13th August 2007, 05:08 PM
it looks very long

But all the previous GTR's have been pretty 'long' also!

When I get to drive a friends R34GTR it feels huge compared to my MY99 Subaru!

poita
11th October 2007, 01:44 PM
some latest news
The GTR is coming down under

The decision has been made -- Nissan's new GT-R is officially coming to Australia

Godzilla fans rejoice... With one short statement Nissan Australia boss, Shinya Hannya, has made the day (year!) of lovers of hot all-wheel drive turbo tear-aways.

Nissan's all-new GT-R (no Skyline attached these days) will be unveiled on October 24 at the Tokyo Motor Show. But that's old news... The good news is Hannya confirmed this last night in Sydney that the car will come Down Under as an official Nissan model.

"It's coming," the Nissan boss said. Short and sweet...

Details regarding timing and price are far from finalized and Hannya says the company is sworn to secrecy on all specification and performance details. What the company will say is first deliveries will take place in Japanese market later this year, with the USA getting the first left-hand drive cars in mid-2008.

Australia and markets like Europe are expected to be "the very back-end of 2008 or early 2009," according to Nissan Global Communications VP, Simon Sproule, also on hand for the announcement.

According to Sproule, Nissan Japan opened its sales effort for the all-wheel drive twin-turbo V6 super-coupe via the web on September 24 (more here).

He would quantify the official order total, saying the uptake was already "significant".

Pricing for the car starts from around Yen7.8m in Japan. Don't expect the car to be quite that affordable (under $70,000) when it arrives in Oz however.

Hannya says the local operation is yet to decide on the distribution network strategy for the GT-R. In some markets Nissan has set-up a high performance dealer network ahead of the car's arrival.

Nissan has also announced pricing and specifications of its trio of new models: Micra, Dualis and X-TRAIL ahead of their unveiling at the Australian International Motor Show today.

and some other info i found, these prices are just a converion i have done
these dont include import duties, taxes on roads etc etc etc wen they land in aus.
prob end up being round the $130k ive been reading

GT-R 7,770,000JPY (ex. TAX etc) $73,774.14 aus
- Dunlop Sport Tyre
- Crome Colour Coat Rays Forged Aluminium Wheel
- Fabric Seat

GT-R Black Edition 7,927,500JPY (ex. TAX etc) $75,269.56 aus
- Bridgestone Potenza Run-flat Tyre
- Black Crome Colour Coat Rays Forged Aluminium Wheel
- Fabric Seat

GT-R Premium Edition 8,347,500JPY (ex. TAX etc) $79,242.23 aus
- Bridgestone Potenza Run-flat Tyre
- Dark Chrome Colour Coat Rays Forged Aluminium Wheel
- BOSE Sound System
- Thacham Cat1 Alarm
- Leather Interior

Factory Optional Parts
- Bridgestone Potenza Run-Flat Tyre
- Thacham Cat1 Alarm
- BOSE Sound System
- SRS Driver and Passenger airbag with Side Airbag System and Cartain Airbag System

Body Colour:
Ultimate Metal Silver
Titanium Grey
Dark Metal Grey
Super Black
White Pearl
Red

Wraith
11th October 2007, 02:12 PM
Yes, this was always going to happen........ :)

In fact Nissan plans to sell the car in as many Countries as possible ! more availability/access to this car than any previous model GT-R...

I read a recent report which stated a Japanese price tag of just under 80k AUD :eek: when converted from Yen......

If that's the case and it lands here for around that much, mark my words from now " I'M DEFINITELY BUYING ONE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I doubt that'll happen, it'll more likely be priced at well over 100k and possibly as much as 160k - it is after all a twin turbo 911 slayer :D

Here's a couple of teaser pics :)

http://i20.tinypic.com/20h3iub.jpg

http://i23.tinypic.com/culxt.jpg

bornwild
11th October 2007, 02:14 PM
i dont know if its the camouflage, but the car looks pretty plain and boxy to me

I have to agree with you on this one...not my cup of tea. Specs sound nice, however.

Nissan needs to learn a lesson from Mitsu and Subaru, who have advanced their design quite a bit. Probably more so Subaru.

oneightoo
11th October 2007, 02:18 PM
mitsu and subaru have just taken on a more euro design.. i like this new gtr.. it has aggession..

imay
11th October 2007, 02:21 PM
Got your order in yet, Wraith??

Looks awesome, don't it!

Can't believe those prices in Aussie $ though. Would have thought it would be quite a bit more than that. We wait to see!

bornwild
11th October 2007, 02:22 PM
mitsu and subaru have just taken on a more euro design.. i like this new gtr.. it has aggession..

Yeah but this new one is just a variation of the design of the R34....just a few design elements are done differently....they need to overhaul it, reinvent the Skyline......like what Subaru did with the STi Impreza.:)

Wraith
11th October 2007, 02:26 PM
Got your order in yet, Wraith??

Looks awesome, don't it!

Like I've stated, if we're blessed with good fortune and it comes here with the same price tag as in the land of the rising sun, YES MY ORDER WILL BE PLACED IMMEDIATELY..........now what colour should I choose :rolleyes: :D

But we all know I'll wake from my dream and it'll have a 150k price tag on it or something like that :(

I would have one of these over just about anything else ATM........however I think I'm more likely to end up with a HSV variant of the upcomming VE Coupe :)

oneightoo
11th October 2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah but this new one is just a variation of the design of the R34....just a few design elements are done differently....they need to overhaul it, reinvent the Skyline......like what Subaru did with the STi Impreza.:)

oh i get ya now ;)

btm
11th October 2007, 02:35 PM
i would have though it would at least be $120K i reckon...

Wraith
11th October 2007, 02:42 PM
Yep, agree BTM, can't see it being priced below 120-130k here in Aust.. :(

bornwild
11th October 2007, 02:42 PM
It'll definitely be around $150k with the top-spec hitting $200k. It's a Porsche Turbo 'competitor' remember...:)

Wraith I think you'll be better off with the VE Coupe, should be a stunning vehicle :)

Wraith
11th October 2007, 02:45 PM
It'll definitely be around $150k with the top-spec hitting $200k. It's a Porsche Turbo 'competitor' remember...:)

Wraith I think you'll be better off with the VE Coupe, should be a stunning vehicle :)

Yes it will.........:)

It'll be even more stunning when my twin snails get strapped on :D

Ultimate example would be an LS7 powered variant with a TT install......oooooooohhhhhaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh :drool: :drool:

btm
11th October 2007, 02:48 PM
get two of them for the same price as the R35 :D

bornwild
11th October 2007, 03:19 PM
A TT LS1 would blow away the Skyline......in a straight line at least :D

Wraith
11th October 2007, 04:00 PM
Very true guys....... :)

BTM one VE Coupe will do and the change on either an Evo or Sti as the everyday ride - that's been my plan all along ;)

Will wait and see how all this pans out over the next 12-18 months.....

But if and I say 'IF' the GT-R lands at around 80k, I won't be able to resist :D

btm
11th October 2007, 04:01 PM
But if and I say 'IF' the GT-R lands at around 80k, I won't be able to resist :D

and get rid of the vert?

Wraith
11th October 2007, 04:52 PM
and get rid of the vert?

NO, no way, honestly as I've said before many times, I've got no intention of ever getting rid of my vert, even if someone were to offer me every cent I've spent on it, I wouldn't sell it !

It's my little babe and I always want to have a soft top convertible around :)

I'll be getting rid of the Calibra and the missus will be giving up the company Beemer for extra pay in a couple of years time and the Silvia will be gone soon too, that'll free up some space for my planned future acquirement of 2 new cars :)

Wraith
14th October 2007, 07:08 PM
We'll know soon what the new GT-R will actually look like, but from the look of these latest released 'teaser pics' from Japan, it looks like it's lost those innovative and IMO good looking front headlights from the GT-R Proto concept :(

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/10/nissan-gt-r-new-production-version.html