PDA

View Full Version : I have the tool

DirtyHarry
10th August 2007, 02:30 PM
hey guys, for anyone in sydney

i have the op-com tool, and as a result i can read / clear all the error codes. Also perfom immobiliser programming, as well as central locking etc.
Reset Airbag light, Traction control, etc

Its pretty much exactly like tech 2 except with a laptop/pc as the interface.

So if anyone is interested in send me a pm.

This tool covers all the current opel model.
Im presuming it should allow me to change stuff on the ecu as well.

MK
10th August 2007, 02:52 PM
Czesc!

are you able to enable my Astra H automatic door locking option?

how much will you charge for the services?

DirtyHarry
10th August 2007, 02:57 PM
not sure marcin, ill have to hook it up to a AH astra and see what options it brings up.

i would also like to connect this to another Astra G to check what options it brings up for them.

So please if anyone is around wetherill park area let me know.

OPC
10th August 2007, 04:01 PM
not sure marcin, ill have to hook it up to a AH astra and see what options it brings up.

i would also like to connect this to another Astra G to check what options it brings up for them.

So please if anyone is around wetherill park area let me know.

i work right next door to eastern creek if that helps

woody
10th August 2007, 04:13 PM

I'm in lane cove if thats easier..

DirtyHarry
10th August 2007, 04:22 PM
lane cove is not in my area, but a nice drive though.
so far on my car i can do all the things, except i noticed that it doesnt allow me to perform "output tests" on the engine. and i think that might be limited to the version of software i have.
however other output tests i can perform, like door locks, instrument lcd test. adjusting the instrument rpm read out etc etc.

SIMid
10th August 2007, 05:20 PM
I wonder if the overboost function on the AH SRiTs could be enabled. :confused:

DirtyHarry
10th August 2007, 05:27 PM
haha yeah.....would be intersting, but i doubt it

R3N
11th August 2007, 05:32 AM
im in perth if thats easier for you

DirtyHarry
11th August 2007, 09:11 AM
so is there anyone in sydney, who can meet up with me during the weekend so i can check this tool out on their astra?

MK
11th August 2007, 11:05 AM
juz jade Marcinku! ;) - i will check with "Sowa" (my girlfriend) and let you know. cheers

DirtyHarry
11th August 2007, 09:54 PM
Just an update for anyone who is interested.
I tried using it on an AH Astra today, however it was having problems with the CAN bus system (even thought its supposed to work with it) and it was doing all sort of weird and wonderfull things with the car.
However for my Astra G (and im pressuming any other ISO protocol car like corsa) i managed to get everything working (had to use the car setting as a Zafira for my car) to get all the output tests working.

So untill i manage to somehow get a software update for this tool or select another car which uses the CAN bus system in the program like i did with my car, then i wont be connecting it to an Astra AH.

INteresting stuff though today. When i was driving around, i noticed that if your slowly accelerating say at 60km/h and in 5th gear, the engine will use the knock sensor to retard the engine, but more interestingly i noticed that the fuel injection openning times is bigger (between 5-9m/s) in 5th gear, compared to if i was in 4th gear an accelerating (3-4m/s).

So moral of the story...i guess use a lower gear to slowly accelerate, otherwise youll be using more fuel when using a higher gear.

MK
12th August 2007, 10:11 PM
yes, it was very interesting to watch the interface come up with all the options (unfortunately did not work on Astra H) for all the Opel models and all the options, from each model of all Opel cars through the year make to the engine options...well worth it!

woody
20th August 2007, 05:14 PM
I'm happy to meet up for an hour or so over the coming weekend if that suits?

DirtyHarry
20th August 2007, 06:16 PM
yeah mate thats fine woody. you have an astra g?

daaaaavek
26th August 2007, 11:06 AM
You can plug into my car when you're here to grab those CD"s

DirtyHarry
26th August 2007, 11:12 AM
yeah no worries daaaavek. gimme a yell when your free

daaaaavek
26th August 2007, 11:25 AM
should be free from 2-7 this arvo .. BBQ got cancelled :(

bill142
26th August 2007, 03:31 PM
What tool is this and how do I acquire one?

DirtyHarry
26th August 2007, 06:05 PM
ok well to get the proper one, which will give you free software updates, and if you have an Astra AH or planning to get one in the near future then go to this web site
http://www.vezerdiagnosztika.hu/

now you can get it from them or from the uk supplier
http://www.ilexa.co.uk/acatalog/vauxcom.html

However it is going to set you back around $1000-1100 . which it isnt cheap.

Now i went the alternative and got a chineese rip off copy of it (google opcom) which set me back around $400. Now the software is have is a bit outdated 09-02-07. But for my car and few others it works ok. And because mine is a rip of copy, i cant run and updated software because i need to enter a code to upgrade the software. But my chineese supplier friend which spins alot of bullshit says they are working on getting the upgraded software (which mean probably they wont)

so there you go, its a much cheaper option then getting a proper tech2 device which sets you back around $10,000 i think.

If your keen on spending couple of thousand dollars then have a look at the alternative hand held devices out there, which do more than 1 car.

check out
www.autosvs.com for eg

bill142
26th August 2007, 07:19 PM
If I still had the workshop I'd probably go and buy it.

Huhness
27th August 2007, 09:13 AM
so what kind of hidden things can we expect unleash with an Astra G? What did you do with daaaaavek's car?

DirtyHarry
27th August 2007, 08:05 PM
its not really for unleashing anything. not for the g anyway.
basically you have access to all the ecu details.
ie all the voltages from all the sensor and all their outputs.
you can perform test of the different parts of the car ie ignition coil test on each cylinder, or fuel pump relay, power steering pump relay, the secondary air valve test etc etc.
you can also programm immobiliser keys, so if you need to change the immobiliser module, you can disable it from the ecu and then enabled the new module to it and programm the keys.
you can also program the remote central locking keys.

I guess if i had the latest version of this software i could do other function for the AH astra. So if there is anyone out there who knows how to crack programs please message me.