PDA

View Full Version : Rola Roof Racks

sparksy
11th June 2004, 11:14 PM
Anyone have any Rola roof racks fitted? I am looking at getting a set for my Corsa so I can put my other corsa (bicycle) on the roof for my trip north.

Any opinions or experiences with them would be great before I hand over the mullah fot them.

Anonymous
11th June 2004, 11:25 PM
I was Looking at them as well to Put my MTB and Snow Board on.
The Rola Rack and Rhino Rack Look to be Better than Holden Genuine, Genuine have the Wank Factor of having the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia on them.

sparksy
11th June 2004, 11:29 PM
I was thinking the Rola would be better than the Genuine Holden one. It should sit lower and create less wind noise.

Its not going to be a cheap excersise. 299 for the Rola. 270 for the Rhino and 140-160 for the bike rack.

I hope my Bursons give me trade price on it like they do parts.

Anonymous
11th June 2004, 11:33 PM
There is Other Brands that are as Good for Cheaper, East Coast Spares in Ringwood and Bayside Area(on North Rd) Have a Brand and they seem Choice as well :)

FreeRide
17th June 2004, 08:56 PM
Get a Thule.

Opel designed their roof rails in conjunction with Thule, so they are the obvious choice.

I have been using these for 4 years now for my mountain bikes and skis. I had it for my old car and just bought new feet for the rails when i got the astra. They are completely lockable and have a higher load rating than crappy rola racks (my dad has a set of rolas for his astra..). I have done numerous long trips with my 25(ish)Kg downhill bike on the roof with no dramas. Rolas are too flexy, too easy to steal and take too long to put on and take off. Plus thule has a huge range of acessories to fit the basic rack whereas rola dont. The rola rack relies on a bit of rubber to be squashed between your roof and the rack for tension. This WILL scratch your paint if you arent careful.

Call roof rack city in sydney. They are the importers and will mail order to anywhere. I dealt with them and they had excellent service and were quick.