PDA

View Full Version : paint work

USC
7th August 2007, 09:46 AM
hey guys, just got my tailgate painted inside and outside due to a smashed glass. I asked them to spray inside and outside with the tailgate off the car but unfortunately, they have just cleared the scratches in the inside....and it has flaked off in a small area (about 2-3cm)...u can see the scratches under the clear coat..they did not colour it with the base coat... i know u cant see that but im trying to restore it back tp factory finish....
Also, there is a small dent outside where the badge used to sit....

what shall I do? get them to fix it again? or pay someelse to do it?
any advice?
ta.

bornwild
7th August 2007, 09:54 AM
Get them to fix it again and this time get a folding chair and popcorn so you can watch while they do it. :D

Wraith
7th August 2007, 10:41 AM
It all depends on how you got it done in the first place - if it was an insurance job, then yes, keep taking it back and make them do it again until it's good and proper, if it was a cheap/quick cash job, then you might have a prob getting them to spend time/effort re-doing it for you.

By the sounds of things it dosn't look like they put a good effort into it in the first place, if it was a quick/cheap job, maybe cut your losses and take it else where.......

USC
7th August 2007, 10:49 AM
Hi Wraith, they charged me au$600 to proof coat(no idea what that is..im guessing primer surfacer) and paint? is that cheap? They got the colour(star silver) spot on though! I didnt want to claim insurance as it would affect my rating.

Its the tail gate of a 3 door Sri-T...which is fairly small.

Do you know any good spray painters in melbourne?

bornwild
7th August 2007, 10:56 AM
Mill Park Smash Repairs have a pretty decent facility and I know of a really good joint near La Trobe Uni(they usually spray Ferraris and the likes). I'll try find out what it's called for you

USC
7th August 2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks mate! have u had any work done at Mill Park Smash Repairs?

Wraith
7th August 2007, 11:24 AM
$600 sounds about right for a good job on that sort of area of your car, so maybe you should try and see what the go is with them doing it again for you.

If it's a no go for whatever reason, you can try Bornwilds recommendation above or this mob is one I recommend - Spot on Panels, 248 McIntyre Rd Sunshine, Ph: 9367 2414 - ask to speak to Sandro.....:)

USC
7th August 2007, 12:06 PM
Great!! thanks guys..I will speak to them again on saturday and if no go, I will get quotes from the recommended places...:)

bornwild
7th August 2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks mate! have u had any work done at Mill Park Smash Repairs?

My brother had his XR5's(orange) rear bumper changed and sprayed there. Mint as, no color difference whatsoever. I inspected with UV and day lights. It's a brand new facility, I think, and they have pretty good machines for the colors. As for the LaTrobe Uni place, I didn't drive past it on the way back home....argh sorry about that.

But yeah, as Wraith said...you paid $600 so a pretty damn good job is to be expected, go back there and if not try someone else.

Here's the link to Mill Park Smash Repairs. (http://www.millparksmash.com.au/index.php)

All the best with that mate;)

MatsHolden
7th August 2007, 08:24 PM
Don't know where you are, but I just had Frankston Panels put on a new rear bar. Did an absolute fantastic job on the colour match and flawless finish. All up $900 for cash. The boss there takes immense pride in his work and can see his passion when he's showing you the finished product; which always makes a good impression with me.

opelboy
7th August 2007, 08:38 PM
near la trobe its Carpenters body works, they are pretty good ( worked there for two years) mill park smash are also meant to be pretty good from all accounts, if your in boxhill area shoot me a pm, might be able to help you mate

USC
7th August 2007, 09:16 PM
I am near chadstone shopping centre. My sri-t is without a tail gate glass at the moment... :( so i cant drive too far to get quotes.

Do you have an address for frankston panels?
Opelboy - ive pmed you.

bornwild
8th August 2007, 11:14 AM
near la trobe its Carpenters body works

That's the one....they have Ferraris and Maseratis parked in front from time to time?

USC
8th August 2007, 07:35 PM
Had the day off today, so I went to Mill Park Smash..Its so far away from my place:eek: ..haha, about 1hr+ with traffic. The people there seems nice and a guy quoted me $250 to repaint the tailgate inside and outside! I was shocked! So much cheaper than Euroimage in Moorabbin(thats where I got it done for $600..The guy at Euroimage reckons he did an excellent job and I wont see the scratches and small peel inside as they are covered with trim...but thats not the point right? i paid the money and expect the results..oh well!..)

so I dont understand how Mill park smash can be so cheap! do they really do a good job? (no dry spray in clear coat, or scratches, excellent colour match)

kahlerisms
7th September 2007, 04:21 PM
So much cheaper than Euroimage in Moorabbin(thats where I got it done for $600..The guy at Euroimage reckons he did an excellent job and I wont see the scratches and small peel inside as they are covered with trim...but thats not the point right? i paid the money and expect the results..oh well!..)

How did this pan out?

This thread came up when I googled Euroimage as I'm considering geting my '89 Merc detailed there.

SOrry to hijack but how did the other mob go for you? :)

USC
8th September 2007, 12:52 AM
How did this pan out?

This thread came up when I googled Euroimage as I'm considering geting my '89 Merc detailed there.

SOrry to hijack but how did the other mob go for you? :)

Hey Mate, I think Euroimage is fine for smash repairs but not for prestige repairs(if u know what I mean)...they will do a very good job for the average customer but I m quite fussy with my paint work.

If you are just getting ur merc detailed (cut and polish), it shouldnt be a problem. Mr gloss is a bit better in my opinion. Or there is a place in box hill thats quite good...Ill try get the name and PM you.