PDA

View Full Version : Tyres For Cdxi 3.2 Vectra

cwmorph
5th August 2007, 02:46 PM
Need new tyres for my 2004 Vectra CDXI. Original size (215/50/17W) offers a limited range: Goodyear NCT 5s, Yoko A001, and Michelin Pilot Primacy & PilotPreceda PP2s.

Does anyone have any experience with this dilemma or the tyres mentioned above? Advice appreciated.

ope126
5th August 2007, 04:09 PM
Hi there,

Try these, I have them on my Vectra CDXi - heaps better than OEM Goodyear NCT's...Fulda Exelaro 225/45ZR 17 91Y tyres. (Made In Germany)

Only catch is, you will have to take the car to Holden for them to put the Tech2 on it as the speedo will be out. However this is an easy fix by way of the different tyre selections in the menus of Tech2.

Glenn

ope126
5th August 2007, 04:11 PM
Cwmorph,

The Michelins are good too. I have the Michelin Pilot Preceda Sport PP2's on my GTI. Excellent Grip (when warm!)

Glenn

stevedee3
6th August 2007, 01:14 AM
I put 225/45R17 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx on mine and I'm quite happy with them, although they're rather pricey.

As Glenn said, the speedo will be slightly out, so Holden can fix this with Tech 2 in a couple of minutes.

rjastra
6th August 2007, 06:10 PM
Go for the Preceda 2 (PP2). Excellent tyre that LASTS.

cwmorph
6th August 2007, 07:07 PM
Go for the Preceda 2 (PP2). Excellent tyre that LASTS.

Thanks mate. Advice taken on board.

cwmorph
6th August 2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the advice about TECH 2. Never even considered this. How much did you pay for the Fuldas? Are they wearing well? How's the ride?

cwmorph
6th August 2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks rj. How much did you pay for the Preceda 2 tyres?

ope126
6th August 2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the advice about TECH 2. Never even considered this. How much did you pay for the Fuldas? Are they wearing well? How's the ride?

The ride is great, so much better than the Goodyear OEM tyres. Grip is good, noise level is good, overall 4/5. Cost about $180.00 each from Bob Jane.
(For the money, they are the only German made tyre available.)

The Michelin's are better again 4.5/5, however you will have to pay more. I paid about $210 for 16" tyres on the VW Golf GTI. Not sure how much they would be in 17'.

Glenn

cwmorph
6th August 2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks again Glenn for your feedback.

Tfer
6th August 2007, 08:53 PM
Nankang Ultra Sport NS2..... 235/45/17's and no they don't rub or cause dramas.....

And if you use a GPS (use the GPS' speed), don't bother getting the speedo whatever'd by Holden with their Tech 2.

:D

ZC_74
6th August 2007, 09:30 PM
Hey guys. My 2c.

I ended up getting new mags for my car due to this problem (and I waned them really) and the tyres I ended up getting on special were Pirellis. I had originally wanted bigger mags and lower profile tyres but I am so glad I went this option. The mags I chose have a design that actually makes them look slightly bigger than they are. I was going to put a thread up soon because I finally took some photos. Stay tuned.

ope126
6th August 2007, 09:35 PM
Hey guys. My 2c.

I ended up getting new mags for my car due to this problem (and I waned them really) and the tyres I ended up getting on special were Pirellis. I had originally wanted bigger mags and lower profile tyres but I am so glad I went this option. The mags I chose have a design that actually makes them look slightly bigger than they are. I was going to put a thread up soon because I finally took some photos. Stay tuned.

Ooohhh Pics....We want pics!!! :D

Oz
9th August 2007, 04:07 PM
Ooohhh Pics....We want pics!!! :D

Yep, speed up the machine ZC 74 ;)

ZC_74
9th August 2007, 04:12 PM
I did put up some pics in the Members Cars bit. I keep looking at the photos and while I'm happy with the wheel decision, I think it needs to be lowered a bit to fill up the gap

Oz
9th August 2007, 04:22 PM
I did put up some pics in the Members Cars bit. I keep looking at the photos and while I'm happy with the wheel decision, I think it needs to be lowered a bit to fill up the gap

Oops, so you have. I agree, definately get on to some lowering springs

Looking good mate. ;)