PDA

View Full Version : Astra 1.8

Ola
4th August 2007, 03:26 PM
Hey guyz new to the forum and i must say it looks great "sooo many cool cars :) , iv got a few questions about some parts for my astra.
Its a 2001 astra 2dr and im wanting todo some mods to it, i have some money put aside for suspension and a full exhaust also thinking very seriously about an ecu.
my question to you is wheres some good places to buy the following mods and what sort of money am i looking at also what sort of kw gains i would be getting out of it "stock 92kw :mad: ".

edit:forgot to say i live in sydney.

cheers
Nathan

SKM_87
4th August 2007, 10:10 PM
noit sure about shops in sydney but as for extractors you'll be looking at about 700 to fit the abour another 750-850 for a stainless steel exhaust. add about 400 more if you want a hi-flow cat. power is the usal 15% gain. good idea to add a filter to your box aswell

rjastra
6th August 2007, 06:11 PM
Save your money... go get a 2.2L Sri.

Noir
6th August 2007, 06:21 PM
i have some money put aside for suspension and a full exhaust also thinking very seriously about an ecu.

It already has an ecu ;)

Besides the custom extractors (4-1) and exhaust the next best thing to do is remap the ecu. Contact auzvectra (member here) for more information.

Ola
6th August 2007, 06:52 PM
Yea I thought about selling this car and buying an SRi, but the way I see it is.
If I sell my car I might get 8-10k, an SRi is about 15-17k “I think” so I might as well spend 5grand on the engine.

Lol Noir, I know ;) I meant upgrade

Umm the problem im having is actually finding the right items, i dunno a great deal about cars so im unsure as to what best mods would suit the car. Eg “suspension brand” “good place that sells exhaust etc..

Cheers

SKM_87
6th August 2007, 08:57 PM
eibach are always a good choice. for a exhaust shops jus got into one and ask to seen some of there work, make sure they have mufflers tucked up high. basicly if it looks good 2 eye it will most likely be alrite.