PDA

View Full Version : CLICK and drool

SIMid
31st July 2007, 01:44 PM
Got this in my work email today .................

=======================================

I'd be wondering if these were purchased - or stolen

How would you like to have brought this property

Imagine you're going to live in Portugal.

You find a lovely farmhouse set on a decent plot of land.

The place has been empty for 15 years...

While exploring your new property you find a large barn.

The door is padlocked and welded shut and it's all rusted solid.

So you grind the padlock and the welds off and.........

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

Apex
31st July 2007, 02:10 PM
Very cool, there’s some nice rarities in that shed!!

btm
31st July 2007, 02:32 PM
sacrafice a could of weekends cut & polishing and you're an instant $20 millionaire :D

Wraith
31st July 2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, me too, got these in the email last week.

What a collection of classics in that pile........even Opels !

'Supposed story' going is that they belonged to some car jacking criminal ring lord who got bumped off.......new owner of that property had better hope next of kins don't come calling to collect :(

woody
31st July 2007, 04:18 PM
Man if i'd bought that place I'd have to get sponsership from T-Cut and Turtle Wax, i'd sell a bunch of them and then spread them out in a nice collection and charge people a small fortune to hire them off me.. pretty much like the P1 car club but with old rarities

bornwild
31st July 2007, 06:55 PM
There is a lot of BIRDSHIT there

pred8r
31st July 2007, 08:55 PM
Id have a ball, NFI what ½ the cars are, but I'd still have fun.

Charlatan
31st July 2007, 11:23 PM
Jeez, you guys are slow. This has been around forums for months now. Thats not the true story either, cars were collected by a car dealer in the 60s/70s. When he filled the barn, he welded it shut. He opened it up for the first time in years for the photos.

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/articles/archives/1110

SIMid
1st August 2007, 09:28 AM
Jeez, you guys are slow. This has been around forums for months now. Thats not the true story either, cars were collected by a car dealer in the 60s/70s. When he filled the barn, he welded it shut. He opened it up for the first time in years for the photos.

*LOL* Emails take a while to get around!

pred8r
1st August 2007, 06:51 PM
Went somewhere the other day that was similar, a few bentleys a couple of rollers, a capri clubsprint in immaculate condition (yours for $10k) a Landau coupe ($20k, if you dont know, dont bother) and hidden under a cover a TVR cerbera (i think, too few here to know exactly) a few other bits, but they were most interesting to me.

All under a few mm of dust........ sad but SO cool........wish I had a shed.........big enough for at least 4 cars.....

Wraith
1st August 2007, 07:18 PM

Thanks for clearing it up :)

The whole gangster story did seem a bit far fetched :D

And yes emails are slow to get around, I'll bet people will still be seeing this one for the 1st time for some months yet :)

bornwild
2nd August 2007, 11:43 PM
I'd sell all those cars and get a Gallardo Superleggera, Murcielago LP640 and Porsche Carrera GT....ohh and a Gemballa Porsche Turbo(900hp@RW)....
Now that's something I would drool to.

The only thing that comes to my mind when I see those cars is, "Holy shit....a lot of cleaning up here mate"

Wraith
3rd August 2007, 02:56 PM
Yeh true, but tiny price/effort to pay for what you get or gonna get :)

bornwild
3rd August 2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah but driving in a 90hp old, gorgeous, Alfa Romeo ain't my idea of fun....that's for you oldies to get back the memories of making out in the oldies ;)

SIMid
3rd August 2007, 11:13 PM
Like I said on a previous post, each to their own. :rolleyes:

So many people are so opinionated. No wonder there are always arguements.

xplosv57
4th August 2007, 09:07 AM
Thats a very valuable garage there, i know of a few here in Victoria holding some very nice collectables!!!

This story also reminds me of one in Japan, where they found 10 or 15 R32 GT-R's fully kitted out behind the HKS factory!!! They had pretty much every HKS item from their catalogue from when they were built, but for some reason were left there when they moved HQ!!!

bornwild
4th August 2007, 12:29 PM
Thats a very valuable garage there, i know of a few here in Victoria holding some very nice collectables!!!

This story also reminds me of one in Japan, where they found 10 or 15 R32 GT-R's fully kitted out behind the HKS factory!!! They had pretty much every HKS item from their catalogue from when they were built, but for some reason were left there when they moved HQ!!!

If I had found something like that.....I probably would have died of happiness, which is a shame, cause I wouldn't get to drive all those Godzillas....

jerrypufflewell
17th August 2007, 06:05 PM
There is a lot of BIRDSHIT there

That's nothing, when it gets to 10cm deep all over the floor you start to worry :p