PDA

View Full Version : Off to England

Dav SRi
29th July 2007, 06:27 AM
Hi All,

Off to England for the 3rd time to visit my Aunt & Uncle.
Does anyone know a good place to get corsa & Astra stuff from?
Any help would be great?

aussie_in_london
29th July 2007, 07:34 AM
what sort of stuff?

weather is crap so best to bring something warm and to keep you dry lol

bornwild
29th July 2007, 11:42 AM
what sort of stuff?

Those who sin get what they deserve.

Dav SRi
29th July 2007, 01:07 PM
what sort of stuff?

Small stuff badges double din fasica

Where my relos are it's not flooded.

Dav SRi
29th July 2007, 01:14 PM
Those who sin get what they deserve.

We got flooded in areas too.

nadg63
30th July 2007, 06:41 PM
Easiest way is to just walk into a Vauxhall dealer and order them from their spares dept! (that's what I did!)

SHIFTIT
30th July 2007, 08:47 PM
:dance: hello mate being an ex pome:o i would say your best bet would be first: "deamon tweek's":dance: , then, halfords:clap: (they bought out "rip speed"),then finaly the dealer:eek: (vauxhall in Britain) the most expencive in my expirience. or just a thought you could try e-bay uk!:)

hope this helps and all the best, say hello to every one for me, ta:D

nadg63
30th July 2007, 09:33 PM
Dav SRi,

As you say it is mainly badges etc you are interested in, you shouldn't have any trouble obtaining them.

I am also an ex-pat from the UK, and having bought stuff back a few times over the years for myself and friends; here are some cost examples, (TS Astra):-

Badges, Opel flash/name etc are only about 5 quid, ($12.50), direct from Vauxhall, so hardly expensive!?

Tends to get a bit more expensive if it is an 'OPC' item though, (and that goes for Irmsher gear also) - e.g. a regular TS Astra Opel grille costs 25 quid, whereas an 'OPC' version was 53 quid, (prices might have gone up a bit as these are from an '05 receipt).

Also, not sure how long you are going to be in the UK, but if you do have to get stuff from Vauxhall, go in and order what you require ASAP as the dealer I used didn't keep the Opel stuff in stock so had to order it in, (and I'm pretty sure that other dealer are the same!?)

When I have ordered parts, each time they've said that they'd take 3 weeks to get in, but they have always shown up in a week!

BTW:- what part of the UK are you headed to?

aussie_in_london
31st July 2007, 12:26 AM
a good company to contact is LMF, good prices and they will deliver to where ever you are staying plus they are great people to deal with and have most things you would be after

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/home.php

Dav SRi
1st August 2007, 02:02 PM
Hey yall,

I'm in Wolverhampton 2 1/2 hrs drive north of London, with the same weather as aussie at the moment.

Dav SRi
1st August 2007, 02:04 PM
I'm staying here for 4 weeks!

Dav SRi
1st August 2007, 02:35 PM
:dance: hello mate being an ex pome:o i would say your best bet would be first: "deamon tweek's":dance: , then, halfords:clap: (they bought out "rip speed"),then finaly the dealer:eek: (vauxhall in Britain) the most expencive in my expirience. or just a thought you could try e-bay uk! :)

hope this helps and all the best, say hello to every one for me, ta:D

Where are Deamon Tweek's, and Halfords?

I'll say hello to everyone for ya :)

nadg63
1st August 2007, 03:08 PM
Halfords have shops in most major cities/shopping centres.

For Demon Tweaks just look in an English performance car magazine - they always used to have a large ad. in 'Car and car Conversions' mag!?

SIMid
1st August 2007, 05:54 PM
a good company to contact is LMF, good prices and they will deliver to where ever you are staying plus they are great people to deal with and have most things you would be after

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/home.php

I beg to differ, sent them a few emails and they never reply back. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's the "au" on my email address that's scaring them.

aussie_in_london
1st August 2007, 08:03 PM
if your in country you just give LMF a call and its all sorted or order online!
Halfords is your store if you wont to chav up your car, mainly use if for detailing gear but not parts etc
but you wont find brand batches in there, LMF or a Vxl dealership is the best place for that or ebay.

Dav SRi
1st August 2007, 08:44 PM
Thanhks Peoples, that will give me something to do.