PDA

View Full Version : Buying an Astra..now what colour

dug74
10th June 2004, 05:38 PM
I went to the dealership today to see about trading my Veccy B in for a new Astra SXI..

now i need to know...what colour ppl think is best..

Ultra <blue> and Sapphire <black> cost $1000 more..

For a look @colours to judge....click here===> Astra SXI Colours (http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/colourtrim?modelid=2011)

Anonymous
10th June 2004, 05:40 PM
I'm Biased to the Core.
So I say Star Silver :)
Ruben,Ultra and Silver Lightning are for Old People :lol:

dug74
10th June 2004, 05:44 PM
glad i dont like any of those colours....my fav is sapphire..

em
10th June 2004, 05:47 PM
my vote is pretty obvious.......

dug74
10th June 2004, 05:49 PM
my vote is pretty obvious.......

Was it

http://www.holden.com.au//images/colourandtrim/astra/cityandcd/colour/b_Reubens_f2.gif

anicorsa
10th June 2004, 06:07 PM
I like white... :)

Dee
10th June 2004, 06:26 PM
rubens.... noone else will have that colour

Degen-Astra
10th June 2004, 07:22 PM
Ummm...Black...Black...or...Black

Got any blacker?

em
10th June 2004, 07:35 PM
yes dug it was rubens.....

i have a rubens colour car

GOZOFF
10th June 2004, 07:48 PM
Thats easy blue,blue,blue, black and silver are to common and the other colurs well no comment he..he.. :lol:

mr_astra_retired
10th June 2004, 08:13 PM
Thats easy blue,blue,blue, black and silver are to common and the other colurs well no comment he..he.. :lol:

LMAO
Classic , but true , get blue for sure :wink:

MiksOpel
10th June 2004, 08:25 PM
Silver lighting or star..

i've never seen a white astra!!!

Anonymous
10th June 2004, 09:08 PM
Silver lighting or star..

i've never seen a white astra!!!

White is best :twisted: , and you've never seen one? :screwy:

sijay
10th June 2004, 09:44 PM
Silver lightning - silver is classy but sporty, and it takes awhile before it looks really dirty (unlike black!)

No offence by the way to all those ppl that made the foolish choice not to buy a silver car :lol: :lol:

01CDsedan
10th June 2004, 09:44 PM
Bah, most of the current colours offered on the Astra are hopeless. Whatever happened to the great ones like Premium, Nocturno and Canopy?

I wish the Astra came in red. White and silver are too common, black is hard to keep clean, and does anyone else think Reubens looks brown in some light?

DrDevil
10th June 2004, 09:54 PM
Sapphire would be my choice

RK
10th June 2004, 10:08 PM
silver lightening looks so farking amazing in the flesh!

rjastra
10th June 2004, 10:53 PM
Silver lightning looks real classy actually. I saw a CDX in that colour and it made the car.

dug74
10th June 2004, 11:09 PM
OK...who voted casablanca

Im leaning towards lightning silver....but im really a black car man... :bang:

RK
10th June 2004, 11:19 PM
think lightening silver with black tinted windows, and tinted black headlights. mmm.

kirssn
10th June 2004, 11:19 PM
my SXi is sapphire..... was my first choice...even though she gets pretty dirty, i still wouldnt have it in any other colour.......

also i've had it just over 3 months now, i havent seen another sapphire astra SXi anywhere...... and now i've got an astra, all i seen are astra's......

my vote.. sapphire..

Aus-SRi
10th June 2004, 11:35 PM
You mean HOLDEN actually sell a car in colours other than BLACK and SILVER :shock: :D , oh and DUG how can u say ur a BLACK car man when ur currect vectra is WHITE 8)

dug74
10th June 2004, 11:40 PM
You mean HOLDEN actually sell a car in colours other than BLACK and SILVER :shock: :D , oh and DUG how can u say ur a BLACK car man when ur currect vectra is WHITE 8)

is my Veccy white....are you serious...no way

its only white when i wash it :lol:

OPL-20T
10th June 2004, 11:55 PM
go black, there is a reason why black is 1G more, thats bcoz its the best colour around.
that is why SRi-T in black are so hard to find dude :d

dug74
11th June 2004, 01:11 AM
with 400m to go......sapphire seems to be a sprinting home fast..with lightning silver close to behind..rubens, star and ultra seem bunched up in the middle....while casablanca is on the outside with no where to go... :lol:

Marty
11th June 2004, 01:42 AM
Go with Silver

If you get any scratches in the clear coat they are not as visible unlike a dark colour base coat like black.

The only problem with a silver metallic colour is that it is a bitch to colour match any stone chips.

littlespeed_devil
11th June 2004, 07:53 AM
You are silly dont buy one yet the brand new ones are comming
out in november this yr so why dont you just wait!!!! :)

imay
11th June 2004, 07:54 AM
Star silver -- very classy (when clean) and it's easy to clean and doesn't show the road grime quiet like black. I've not seen a better silver, even on Merc or BMW.
White -- like Samvac's, looks great. Color coded door handles and bump strips and sills, dark windows and tail lights. Don't know about keeping it clean though!
Reubens and Ultra -- like them but don't think they are a "sporty" color.
Silver Lightning -- haven't seen enough of it to pass comment.

Oh, did I mention Star Silver? Great color!

Anonymous
11th June 2004, 09:16 AM
Star silver -- very classy (when clean) and it's easy to clean and doesn't show the road grime quiet like black. I've not seen a better silver, even on Merc or BMW.
Oh, did I mention Star Silver? Great color!

TESTIFY AMEN BROTHER :D

rjastra
11th June 2004, 10:04 AM
One question... metallic paint is only a $300 option. Someone is trying to rip this guy off!!!

That, or the cheap cars are 2003 build.

Skibum
11th June 2004, 11:33 AM
Sapphire is without any doubt the best when clean, let's face it any colour is crappy when dirty. :mrgreen:

kirssn
11th June 2004, 02:11 PM
dont laugh but i took my mums astra this morning coz mine wasnt at home - i am yet to find out why it wasnt there.. but anyways, i was cruising along to penrith station when i saw this balck astra comnig towards me - hmm nice 3dr hatch, black... it went past me - SXi - i was like OMG, the first black SXi i have seen besides mine, glanced in the r/v mirror, purple number plates - it was my damn astra.

black SXi all the way... nice and sweet.. never seen my car driven before this morning.... it was flithy but still looked good.. anyways... that just my opinion!

Molky
11th June 2004, 03:01 PM
Another vote for Casablanca, easy to keep clean, doesn't show marks too bad unlike darker colours, looks awesome with all the colour coding, and it's heaps cooler in the summer

dug74
12th June 2004, 12:54 AM
Another vote for Casablanca, easy to keep clean, doesn't show marks too bad unlike darker colours, looks awesome with all the colour coding, and it's heaps cooler in the summer

SXI dont have colour coded strips and handles...so IMHO having a white vectra with nothing coloured coded...they look 5hit

I guess sapphire will be the colour i pick with 17" chromies and dark tint windows :lol:

frankie9fingers
12th June 2004, 04:24 AM
Lightning Silver. Little scratches are almost invisible to that colour.

Molky
12th June 2004, 09:47 AM

SXI dont have colour coded strips and handles...so IMHO having a white vectra with nothing coloured coded...they look 5hit

:lol:

Yeh but only cost a few hundred dollars

duff
12th June 2004, 10:16 AM
what ever happened to the colours like polar sea blue (pealescent metalic blue purple)

Vectracious
12th June 2004, 10:21 AM
We have two black cars. I will never buy black again. They look fantastic when clean, but they don't stay that way for long, and every little scratch and dent is visible on them.

Don't get me wrong, black is my favourite colour for cars, but next car will be silver.

em
12th June 2004, 01:16 PM
........ and does anyone else think Reubens looks brown in some light?

[align=center:a50092bb7f]NO............[/align:a50092bb7f]

RK
12th June 2004, 02:02 PM
i have no idea what Reubens or Casablance looks like :\

anicorsa
12th June 2004, 02:04 PM
Casablanca is white.
Rubens is maroon.

RK
12th June 2004, 02:07 PM
oh..
which they would just call it that.

My cars color is called 'Jazz'. i dont see anything Jazzy about it :?:

PRC33Y
12th June 2004, 02:23 PM
with 400m to go......sapphire seems to be a sprinting home fast..with lightning silver close to behind..rubens, star and ultra seem bunched up in the middle....while casablanca is on the outside with no where to go... :lol:

AND THATS IT SAPPHIRE WINS!!!!!!...... :mrgreen:

YAY!!!!!

NOW YOU CAN JOIN THE ELITE CLUB OF BLACK ASTRA'S!!!!! :D

kirssn
12th June 2004, 03:55 PM
I guess sapphire will be the colour i pick with 17" chromies and dark tint windows :lol:

hmmmm this sounds very familiar.....

and i gotta tel you... take the sxi badges.. and the two on the back off... damn it looks good - my badges came off today.... hehehe

dug74
13th June 2004, 12:15 AM

AND THATS IT SAPPHIRE WINS!!!!!!...... :mrgreen:

YAY!!!!!

NOW YOU CAN JOIN THE ELITE CLUB OF BLACK ASTRA'S!!!!! :D

WOOHOO....i always wanted to be in an elite club..thats why i joined OPELAUS :lol:

dug74
15th June 2004, 05:09 PM
<megabump>