PDA

View Full Version : Irmsher Grille?? Advice?

OzRodent
17th July 2007, 07:10 PM
G'Day again,
I have managed to crack the grille in my AH Sri-T and I was wondering if any on knows a good place to purchase an aftermarket grille, either Irmsher or steinmetz or similar.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z277/ozrodent/AstraPics001.jpg

MatsHolden
17th July 2007, 07:12 PM
www.irmscher-bits.com (http://www.irmscher-bits.com)

OzRodent
17th July 2007, 07:21 PM
According to their website, on checking out
"Firstly - we only currenty ship goods within the UK and not internationally!"

MatsHolden
17th July 2007, 07:27 PM
According to their website,

I'm sure people on here have got stuff from them before... The bloke's a member on here (RiGGs), PM him to see what he can do.

Wraith
17th July 2007, 08:46 PM
Irmscher-bits.com are one of the best places for us to get parts from O/S !

Ring em up and speak to them direct - Ask for Dave, he's your man, I've dealt with them many times over the years, 1st class service and good pricing every time ;)

mr corsa
17th July 2007, 08:54 PM
organise your own courier i do it all the time

RiGGs
17th July 2007, 09:12 PM
According to their website, on checking out

You have a reply to your PM :)

organise your own courier i do it all the time
I'm all for this idea ... the Irmy grilles weigh over 6kg packed, and box is 100x34x30cm if you want to get a quote on shipping from your own courier.

SIMid
17th July 2007, 09:31 PM
I've got my eye on one (on ebay) for myself, but for 45 quid shipping seems a bit steep though. :rolleyes:

RiGGs
17th July 2007, 09:48 PM
I've got my eye on one (on ebay) for myself, but for 45 quid shipping seems a bit steep though. :rolleyes:

45 is dirt cheap .... they are quoting from the wrong tariff .... Parcelforce Euro 48 dosn't cover Aus and would probably cost over 100 quid instead ... they will have one hell of a shock when they pay for the postage, but would probably have to send it anyway if you purchased it of course to stop neg feedback :)

RiGGs
17th July 2007, 09:53 PM
45 is dirt cheap .... they are quoting from the wrong tariff .... Parcelforce Euro 48 dosn't cover Aus and would probably cost over 100 quid instead ... they will have one hell of a shock when they pay for the postage, but would probably have to send it anyway if you purchased it of course to stop neg feedback :)

On second thoughts ... they may not mind another neg ... it would go with all the others the seller has :)

SIMid
17th July 2007, 09:59 PM
On second thoughts ... they may not mind another neg ... it would go with all the others the seller has :)

*LOLOL* So you know what item I have my eye on then??

RiGGs
17th July 2007, 10:09 PM
*LOLOL* So you know what item I have my eye on then??

Yes mate ... I know the one ... its been on there that long they'll need to dust the cobwebs off it before shipping!!!

SIMid
17th July 2007, 10:14 PM
Yes mate ... I know the one ... its been on there that long they'll need to dust the cobwebs off it before shipping!!!

Hence the cheap shipping?? :p

dieselhead
17th July 2007, 11:13 PM
I'm in touch with somebody in Europe for an Irmscher grille. The price would be 10% over the RRP price at http://www.irmscher.de plus postage. Now that's the big unknown... Hope that by grouping 3-4 grilles the postage costs would be low enough to make it decent. I'm not willing to pay more than say $350 delivered.
I'll let you know how it goes in a few days.

OzRodent
18th July 2007, 06:40 AM
Just got a reply from steinmetz,

"Delivery costs of this item to Australia would be approximately £80 + VAT."

Seems a bit bloody steep!!!

SIMid
18th July 2007, 08:09 AM
I might be in for a group buy if price is reasonable. It's the shipping that scares me.

EL BURITO
18th July 2007, 08:44 AM
I might be in for a group buy if price is reasonable. It's the shipping that scares me.
I think Mr Corsa has the right idea.

Red AH SRI T
18th July 2007, 10:11 AM
I have a replacement one if you want it. I have the Opel grille on my car so i don't need the Original V Grille with Holden Badge.

OzRodent
18th July 2007, 01:19 PM
I was thinking a change of appearance may be a good thing, but, how much would you like for yours?

blueraven
18th July 2007, 02:03 PM
i dont get it slimcraigie sent mine to me for 30 pounds? it cant be that much smaller than the AH one....

EL BURITO
18th July 2007, 02:05 PM
Nik it is huge. and i think cos of the size its in the hightest bracket with RM

Red AH SRI T
18th July 2007, 04:32 PM
I was thinking a change of appearance may be a good thing, but, how much would you like for yours?

What do you think is reasonable? I have no idea!

OzRodent
19th July 2007, 08:21 PM
How does a hundred Bucks Sound? + P&P that is??

I'll be in for an Irmscher group buy if some one wants to organise it!!!

mic288
1st August 2008, 09:02 PM
Hi all I am new to this forum and I would be interested in a group buy as well, looking for my first mod to my Astra AH

blueraven
1st August 2008, 10:07 PM

I dont know what you are talking about, i had an 11kg clutch sent on 3 day delivery for 60 pounds, and a 16kg turbo/manifold/assorted other stuff in a 60x60x45 box sent in 5 days for 80quid.

also had a centre console (about the same size as a grill) sent for 15 pounds. 45 pounds is a rip off.