PDA

View Full Version : New Falcon Revealed

MatsHolden
13th July 2007, 01:51 PM
Presentation boards of the new Ford Falcon (Orion) were aparently found at a rubbish tip. The images reveal the Typhoon, GT and GT-P... Someone's going to get their arse kicked!

http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5565917,00.gif
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3701/img1uh4.jpg
From todays Herald Sun.

EL BURITO
13th July 2007, 01:53 PM
somthing is looking like a cross between a pergo, VE and a aurion

sasrit
13th July 2007, 01:58 PM
front end looks tough, but yeah apart from that it has the rear proportion of an Aurion/Camry (sort of), not dazzling but not bad either.....hopefully the glasshouse has been changed to allow for more headroom in the front.

btm
13th July 2007, 01:59 PM
yeah, i don't mind it...

OZChris
13th July 2007, 02:02 PM
I wonder if it was an accident or 'test' marketing :D

imay
13th July 2007, 02:05 PM
A Ford "propaganda" plant I reckon.

All other reports, rumours, etc., that I have heard is that the new Ford will take it's styling from the new Ford Mondeo (Euro) that is due here towards the end of this year.
These images look too much like a kitted BF to me.

Could be wrong . . . it's happened before!

MatsHolden
13th July 2007, 02:18 PM
All other reports, rumours, etc., that I have heard is that the new Ford will take it's styling from the new Ford Mondeo (Euro) that is due here towards the end of this

Taking design cues though, so it won't look like a Mondeo copy. You can see Mondeo design cues in the above, particularly the front styling. But yeh still can't take these as being 100% accurate.

Tfer
13th July 2007, 03:27 PM
Much better than the last attempt, itself a much better than the last couple of attempts ;)

Vectracious
13th July 2007, 03:32 PM
Can still see the AU/BA Shillouette in the side profile - which in turn makes it appear to not look much different to the BF.

Still looks good IMHO.

MatsHolden
13th July 2007, 03:42 PM
Can still see the AU/BA Shillouette in the side profile - which in turn makes it appear to not look much different to the BF.

Still looks good IMHO.

Biggest difference I can see is the re-designed rear door. Looks much better for rear passenger access.

OZChris
13th July 2007, 03:45 PM
Having a second look, I have to admit it looks good. Be nice if it was the Orion; it would be a great replacement for my current BF2 Fairmont Ghia :)

oneightoo
13th July 2007, 03:54 PM
i like it.. i think it looks better than the VE commo.. looks meaner.. getting back to the days of what a muscle car should look like, aggressive..

EL BURITO
13th July 2007, 03:55 PM
i like it.. i think it looks better than the VE commo.. looks meaner.. getting back to the days of what a muscle car should look like, aggressive..
get one then it will fit your requirment - the $

oneightoo
13th July 2007, 03:57 PM
ahh no.. doesnt quite fit in what i want..

btm
13th July 2007, 04:05 PM

they are all 'sports' versions though

the 'sports' versions of the VE look heaps better than the base models

oneightoo
13th July 2007, 04:06 PM
yeah but the falcon looks better..

MK
13th July 2007, 04:11 PM
looks good...would like to see the rear number plate make its way to the bumper bar however...

OZChris
13th July 2007, 04:17 PM
yeah but the falcon looks better..

+1, but I'm biased :)

EL BURITO
13th July 2007, 04:20 PM
looks good...would like to see the rear number plate make its way to the bumper bar however...
is that legal now, eg placement of most tow bars?

MK
13th July 2007, 04:22 PM
is that legal now, eg placement of most tow bars?

sorry mate! what i meant is to make the boot lid smooth and move the number plate to the bumper bar...like Astra H for eg ;)

MatsHolden
13th July 2007, 04:46 PM
they are all 'sports' versions though

the 'sports' versions of the VE look heaps better than the base models

And they're not just 'normal' sports versions (XR6, XR8), they're FPV. So on par with HSV.

Wraith
13th July 2007, 04:49 PM
I think the rear end and side on in those pics look not too bad at all - I like it :)

Front end looks like it needs a bit of tidying up though, don't like that part of it....

Will be interesting to see the final result and how well it stacks up against the VE :)

Shaun
13th July 2007, 06:02 PM
Front bar has a XR5 Turbo look to it .

pred8r
13th July 2007, 07:46 PM
Nice....about time Ford pulled their finger out again

xplosv57
13th July 2007, 08:00 PM
Heard a rumour Ford is finally pissing off the inline 6 and is resorting to an overseas V6 due to cost and emissions, big job losses here in Vic and an end of an era!!!

KID_SRi
14th July 2007, 08:30 AM
I think the rear end and side on in those pics look not too bad at all - I like it :)

Front end looks like it needs a bit of tidying up though, don't like that part of it....

Will be interesting to see the final result and how well it stacks up against the VE :)

I concur.
The Lower part of the front looks like a lazy Murray Cod on Heroin.

I would like to see pics of a Ute Variant. If it looks better than the upcoming VE Ute, I might change my mind from getting a D40 Navara ST-X & get a FPV Ute instead.

Apex
14th July 2007, 10:30 AM
Found in a rubbish tip, awesome :p

If these pictures are for real HSV had better worry.

jvl
14th July 2007, 03:12 PM
check out the spyshots on www.caradvice.com.au (http://www.caradvice.com.au)

based on those shots and the CG mockups that have been in motor - i think the latest CGs are pretty accurate

particularly based on
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/orion_caradvice_27_601.jpg
and
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/orion_caradvice_9_424.jpg

also re the engines... I have heard that the current F6 engine is going to be in the new XR6 turbo, and that the F6 is getting a new improved engine. dont know if it will be a V6 though

bill142
14th July 2007, 05:41 PM
VE Commodore anyone? Who's been stealing ideas from who? The Falcon would have had to go into design freeze before the VE was launched.

Shaun
14th July 2007, 11:23 PM
VE is the bench mark for Ford. This fords last chance to get it right. if they dont i dare say there ill not be a Falcon in the future . Judging by the photo shop impressions are correct Ford may just have something special this time and Holden may need to lift the bar again to stay a head.

New Falcon is looking very European though.

EL BURITO
15th July 2007, 02:27 AM
but fords is kicking them self in the foot by removing the Taxi pack (gas + bigger radiator) from there line up. that would have hit there sales. proply why there are a lot more toyota taxis now

rjastra
16th July 2007, 10:36 AM
ut fords is kicking them self in the foot by removing the Taxi pack (gas + bigger radiator) from there line up.

If you look at ford specs/site then the taxi pack is still alive and well

EL BURITO
16th July 2007, 10:47 AM
If you look at ford specs/site then the taxi pack is still alive and well
i must be confused then. I rember that one of the 3 did remove it from there line up last year and it had hit sales

pred8r
16th July 2007, 04:38 PM
i must be confused then. I rember that one of the 3 did remove it from there line up last year and it had hit sales

Wasn't it Holden?

MatsHolden
16th July 2007, 06:28 PM
Yeh Holden stopped and Ford were following. An image thing.

damienhelen
16th July 2007, 07:03 PM
FORD - ****ED ON RACE DAY

get a life all you ford ****@s!

2007 winner of Bathurst shall be a HOLDEN
(just like many previous years)

DEAL WITH IT!

poita
16th July 2007, 09:37 PM
ok then.............
didnt ford win it last yr?

damienhelen
16th July 2007, 09:49 PM
nah previous years - not last year (besides HRT were happy to loose the stupid coot, he forgot he is only a driver not the team behind the driver)

Vectracious
16th July 2007, 11:19 PM
Riiiiiiiiiight

um - the I6 is going to be phased out in the next 3 years and a V6 will be due about 2010 (or so people are guessing)

http://www.mellor.net/mellor/enews.nsf/edition/C2136A97F76735F2CA25731400293A16/$file/GoAutoNews_393.pdf

Red AH SRI T
17th July 2007, 08:26 AM
These pics were found at the tip?

Gives a new meaning to Found On Rubbish Dump

Bill_G
18th July 2007, 09:34 AM
FORD - ****ED ON RACE DAYWhilst I find it hard to disagree (must be my bias showing), I'd have thought that given the circumstances surrounding the discovery of these images, a far more appropriate acronym would have been Found On Rubbish Dumps. :D

Wraith
18th July 2007, 09:49 AM
RedAHSrit above, already came up with that one :)

Bill_G
18th July 2007, 10:01 AM
RedAHSrit above, already came up with that one :)As I didn't see his message, I thought we must have posted at much the same time, but it appears from the time-stamp that this wasn't the case at all. My PC has been doing some really weird things during the last week or so, which I'd initially put down to the extremely low temps in the mornings (only 8 degrees as I type, and it's gone 10am already), but now I'm starting to think that it might actually be possessed instead! :eek:

bornwild
18th July 2007, 10:05 AM
It's not an all new car, rather just a facelift, hence it's doomed to be shit before it even comes out.

Holden ****ed themselves over by not realising the Torana Turbo concept. Ford is ****ing themselves over by releasing yet another LARGE car....Huge car, rather

pred8r
18th July 2007, 12:58 PM
Full Of Rust & Dents

beats

Heaps Of Loud & Droning Engine Noise

any day of the week

Then theres always

Fix It Again Tony

Wraith
18th July 2007, 01:02 PM
It's not an all new car, rather just a facelift, hence it's doomed to be shit before it even comes out.

Holden ****ed themselves over by not realising the Torana Turbo concept. Ford is ****ing themselves over by releasing yet another LARGE car....Huge car, rather

If what you say is true, ie: only a face lift, then the VE will be all over it.....

I expect Ford to have at least fitted an updated or re-worked/better suspension and steering set up at least, otherwise if it's just the same as the current model, what's the point of that :confused:

Agree about the Torana, Seeing it in the metal at the International Motor show made my pants explode :D

When I first spotted that thing a few years ago, I dropped everything and all my ideas/plans at the time and began focussing on getting one.........later the hard truth sank in........it wasn't going to happen :(

I also agree with the 'huge' car thing.......I can't understand why every new model has to be bigger than the previous, we'll eventually end up with sedans the size of a bus ! And not just sedans either, all classes just seem to be getting bigger and bigger - why ?? it's not neccessary.

I like the VE, but would 'probably' never consider one, because they are simply too large a car...if Holden ever do a VE coupe, it's proportions should be better - hopefully...

EL BURITO
18th July 2007, 01:12 PM
I also agree with the 'huge' car thing.......I can't understand why every new model has to be bigger than the previous, we'll eventually end up with sedans the size of a bus ! And not just sedans either, all classes just seem to be getting bigger and bigger - why ?? it's not neccessary.
Its a cost thing. the same car slowly gets bigger and biggger then a smaller one can be slid under. The real way a larger price rise can be justified. The Astra is getting bigger that is quite evident. as is the Rav4 the new one is huge

oneightoo
18th July 2007, 02:43 PM
humans are getting bigger and bigger.. cars are just made to match..

example:

A human from 1912

http://www.houseofdeception.com/images/Midget%20Wrestler%20Darling%20Dagmar.jpg

and

a human from today

http://www.popular-pics.com/PPImages/Tallest-man.jpg

yeah so it's exagerated, you get the idea tho.... :p

RobotWarrior
18th July 2007, 03:22 PM
A Ford by any other name is Still a Ford! Damn now you made me say the F word twice!LOL

bornwild
18th July 2007, 03:56 PM
Everything has been changed on this 'new' falcon, but the chassis is still the same. It's the same transition as from the AU to the BA...get what I mean? Whereas Holden built an all new Commodore, requiring new tools a new line etc. etc.

MatsHolden
18th July 2007, 05:31 PM
Everything has been changed on this 'new' falcon, but the chassis is still the same. It's the same transition as from the AU to the BA...get what I mean? Whereas Holden built an all new Commodore, requiring new tools a new line etc. etc.

It's a lot bigger transition though than from AU to BA. Such as the changing of the rear door opening and the like.

Wraith
18th July 2007, 09:21 PM
humans are getting bigger and bigger.. cars are just made to match..

example:

A human from 1912

http://www.houseofdeception.com/images/Midget%20Wrestler%20Darling%20Dagmar.jpg

and

a human from today

http://www.popular-pics.com/PPImages/Tallest-man.jpg

yeah so it's exagerated, you get the idea tho.... :p

Yes I'll bet this guy would love a sedan the size of a bus :D

bornwild
18th July 2007, 09:37 PM
It's a lot bigger transition though than from AU to BA. Such as the changing of the rear door opening and the like.

Well yeah...cosmetically it is

MatsHolden
19th July 2007, 11:13 AM
Well yeah...cosmetically it is

That's more than cosmetics though... not just done to look good.

bornwild
19th July 2007, 02:05 PM
That's more than cosmetics though... not just done to look good.

Well yeah they did update the suspension and they did make the chassis a bit stiffer and they did change the powertrain, but it's groundworks are still the same as an AU/BA Falcon......only good thing about the new Falcon is the jag-derived twin-turbo diesel.

Red AH SRI T
24th July 2007, 06:13 PM
The Orion Falcon will be a new Body built over the existing Falcon Platform, however it is tipped to score the Front Suspension and steering from the Territory.