PDA

View Full Version : Astra H squeaky front brake

welsh
1st July 2007, 09:22 PM
Hi
my Astra H(bought 2005) has a squeaky front brake for a while. but it doesn't squeak when i apply brake hard. i went to the dealer this week, they said it built up a lot dust on all brakes and washed them. But the squeaky problem still remains when i picked my car. does anyone have idea about this? i think i have to go back to the dealer again.

Thanks
Weicheng.

bornwild
1st July 2007, 09:26 PM
Brake Pads?

I know, I'm Mr. Obvious.

welsh
1st July 2007, 09:34 PM
the service adviser told me that the pads are able to run another 45k.

MK
1st July 2007, 10:06 PM
what kind of squeaking sound is it...continues or off\on, when you apply your brakes do you hear any grinding or unusual sound?
If you don't mind me asking, how many kilometres on your car now and are they brake pads since you purchased the car?

Poogene2001
1st July 2007, 10:24 PM
My 2005 AH CDX does the same thing when it hasnt been washed for a while. After spraying a high pressure hose directly into the calipers and brake disc area I find that it goes away until the brake dust builds up again.

welsh
1st July 2007, 10:57 PM
yeah, it is a continuous high pitch grinding noise. it will go away when i brake harder, then it goes back when i ease back the brake. By the way, the current mileage is just over 20K and haven't changed the orginal brake pads.

Thanks

welsh
1st July 2007, 10:58 PM
what kind of squeaking sound is it...continues or off\on, when you apply your brakes do you hear any grinding or unusual sound?
If you don't mind me asking, how many kilometres on your car now and are they brake pads since you purchased the car?

yeah, it is a continuous high pitch grinding noise. it will go away when i brake harder, then it goes back when i ease back the brake. By the way, the current mileage is just over 20K and haven't changed the orginal brake pads.

Thanks

bornwild
1st July 2007, 11:00 PM
Hmm don't wanna scare ya' but that kind of sound shouldn't be there and the brake dust got nothing to do with it......hmmmm

lampshade
1st July 2007, 11:36 PM
what about warped disk's wouldnt this be only audiable when braking lightly as the pads aint really grabbig the disk with loads of force?

welsh
14th July 2007, 04:24 PM
well, i went to the dealer serice center. they said the front brakes and rotor got glazed and they deglazed them. when i picked up my car, it does feel better but still having the squeaky issue. i don't know how to do with it and am so disappointed.

Shaun
14th July 2007, 04:59 PM
Brake dust ?

Ishley
14th July 2007, 06:02 PM
I too am experiencing squeaky front brakes. I have an 06 SriT with 17,000k's.

I know its not brake dust as when i wash the car, I make sure i clean the claipers and hose the disc to clean off the brake dust that the Astra's are known for.

I think it is a pad issue. Arent the Astra's known for going through brake pads before they should??

welsh
14th July 2007, 06:53 PM
I too am experiencing squeaky front brakes. I have an 06 SriT with 17,000k's.

I know its not brake dust as when i wash the car, I make sure i clean the claipers and hose the disc to clean off the brake dust that the Astra's are known for.

I think it is a pad issue. Arent the Astra's known for going through brake pads before they should??

Hi Ishley,
yes, apparently it is not caused by the dust with my car either. Have you tried to go to service center to solve it?

Thanks

Ishley
15th July 2007, 10:27 AM
I have it booked into Holden on Tuesday. My car seems to stall sometimes just after you start it. OR doesnt stat at all.

But i will get them to check the brake thing aswell.

kaoshunter
15th July 2007, 01:24 PM
I have it booked into Holden on Tuesday. My car seems to stall sometimes just after you start it. OR doesnt stat at all.

But i will get them to check the brake thing aswell.

When it stalls after starting does the immobiliser light flash??? Does it flash when it doesn't start at all???

If so your transponder in playing up I have the same problem, take both your keys in and get them and transponder reprogrammed.

Gildo
16th July 2007, 01:11 AM
im pretty sure its has to do with the brake pad compound,. chaper and harder which can create noise......

MitchSRi
16th July 2007, 07:36 PM
Will monitor this thread because my AH SRi with just over 1100kms on it is squealing like hell when the brakes are applied softly and its crapping me off.

Will be keen to see the results. Worst Case Senario I'll have to take time out of my busy schedule to get it checked out

welsh
22nd July 2007, 07:34 PM
well, it looks i fixed it today by myself. i went to repco and bought a tin of CRC brake cleaner. After i cleaned all four brakes with it, i couldn't hear the squeak any more. I guess the queak was introduced by the degreaser spitted on brakes when i asked the Car Wash guy to clean wheels.