PDA

View Full Version : Getting new VXR

rujo
1st July 2007, 09:18 PM
I'm getting a new VXR next Saturday. So happy. My only concern is how to sell my old SRiT. Didn't want to trade it in because they only offered me 16k. How hard is it to sell one and what should I expect to get if sold privately?

bornwild
1st July 2007, 09:27 PM
16k was a good offer, you should have taken it.

Anywho, congrats on the new purchase, you won't regret it, everyone who has one loves it to death. :)

CNBLU
1st July 2007, 09:30 PM
16k is average but no good. you will get 17k easily private. maybe even more depending on km's;)

kaoshunter
1st July 2007, 09:32 PM
I'm getting a new VXR next Saturday. So happy. My only concern is how to sell my old SRiT. Didn't want to trade it in because they only offered me 16k. How hard is it to sell one and what should I expect to get if sold privately?

What Year? and Model? Rujo

rujo
1st July 2007, 10:02 PM
It's 2003 model and has 80,000 km.

rujo
1st July 2007, 10:05 PM
Also I have Power Chip mod. Is it an adventage when selling cause some buyers prefer non modified cars?

kaoshunter
1st July 2007, 10:18 PM
According to the redbook site the value of your car is:

2003 HOLDEN ASTRA

TS MY03 SRi Turbo Hatchback 3dr Man 5sp 2.0T
Prices based on km60,000 - 100,000 Trade in price guide*$16,400 - $18,800National average price - private sale*$20,200 - $23,900Price when new (RRP)$36,990

So yeah good move on not taking the Trad in price I would of said $17500

Poogene2001
1st July 2007, 10:22 PM
What sort of price did you manage to squeeze? And which dealer was it?
(if you dont mind such questions!! :angel: )

OPC
1st July 2007, 10:31 PM
good luck sellin ur car...

i dunno how long i tried to sell my SRi T b4 i traded it

then again it did have over 100,000ks on the clock and heavily modded

i still got 15k though which was good considering what needed to be done

rujo
1st July 2007, 10:58 PM
Got it for 39k drive away, silver, demo with tinted windows.

rujo
1st July 2007, 11:00 PM
According to the redbook site the value of your car is:

2003 HOLDEN ASTRA

TS MY03 SRi Turbo Hatchback 3dr Man 5sp 2.0T
Prices based on km60,000 - 100,000 Trade in price guide*$16,400 - $18,800National average price - private sale*$20,200 - $23,900Price when new (RRP)$36,990

So yeah good move on not taking the Trad in price I would of said $17500

That's why I didn't trade mine in for 16k

EL BURITO
2nd July 2007, 12:13 AM
that is a great price

OPC
2nd July 2007, 10:44 AM
Got it for 39k drive away, silver, demo with tinted windows.

tinted windows make up for it being silver and a ex demo

did you get any freebies with it ?

like HSV jacket/ shirts/ hats/ key rings ?

Wraith
2nd July 2007, 11:27 AM
That's why I didn't trade mine in for 16k

Congrats on the buy, star silver AH coupes look hot, certainly got the VXR for a good price ;)

With regards to selling your older Sri t, you may have no choice but to trade it for that 16k amount, otherwise you might be stuck with it for ages trying to flog it off privately for more....

It all depends on how desperate you are, if not keep trying, but if you need the funds well you might have to go for that trade in.......

bornwild
2nd July 2007, 11:30 AM
With regards to selling your older Sri t, you may have no choice but to trade it for that 16k amount, otherwise you might be stuck with it for ages trying to flog it off privately for more....

It all depends on how desperate you are, if not keep trying, but if you need the funds well you might have to go for that trade in.......

I thought I was a biggot for saying he should have traded it in, seems like someone else has the same logic pathway as me :p

Thanks Wraith for makin me feel normal again :D:D

rujo
2nd July 2007, 11:40 AM
tinted windows make up for it being silver and a ex demo

did you get any freebies with it ?

like HSV jacket/ shirts/ hats/ key rings ?

Yes I got the HSV pack as well.

astro boy
2nd July 2007, 11:46 AM
I sold mine privately for 21k last year. The dealer only offered 18k

Wraith
2nd July 2007, 12:00 PM

Freebie HSV pack/s, a jacket, keyrings, pens, etc. and a visit to the HSV factory are all standard when you buy anyone of the V8 HSV range - is it not the same for the VXR ??

OPC
2nd July 2007, 12:27 PM

you should have asked for more hey...
screw them over like they wanna do to you...

i got a jack daniels racing jacket and shirts aswell as the HSV pack

WRAITH the HSV pack includes

car care pack
keyring
2x HSV hats (his n hers)
special offers pack
puma bag
note pad pack
tyre gauges
HSV tool set
World of HSV black card which gives you
opportunity to purchase Toll & HRT corporate hospitality tickets
and also dicounts on HSV apparel
Certificate of Authenticity build No

cant remember the rest

Wraith
2nd July 2007, 12:34 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I got when I purchased my R8 :)

What about a visit for the day at the HSV plant in Clayton ?? (mine was back in 2000)

I really enjoyed that one, got to meet a whole heep of other like minded people and even made a few close friends I still see often these days, oh and had a good long talk with Skaife and other V8 supercar people :)

Great day out :)

Shaun
4th July 2007, 12:26 AM
Good luck with the sale and congrats on the VXR. What colour ?
I got 19k for my Old SRi T which had 105,000km on the clock when it was sold.

Shaun
4th July 2007, 12:27 AM

Im still waiting on mine.. told 10-12 weeks before i see it due to the number of E Series HSV are selling..

kabel
4th July 2007, 02:28 PM
Shaun
I was told the same thing BUT it did arrive

OPC
4th July 2007, 11:03 PM
Shaun
I was told the same thing BUT it did arrive

yeah i waited 3 weeks then i rang HSV and complained and it was at home in 2 days after the call

Wraith
5th July 2007, 12:55 PM
Bet if you bought one of the V8 range, it'd be all ready when you took delivery of the car ;)

Shaun
5th July 2007, 07:26 PM
Bet if you bought one of the V8 range, it'd be all ready when you took delivery of the car ;)

Not the case. My Olds Bought a New Clubsport (VZ Last one in Captivity brand new) and the same deal applys. they picked theres up two weeks ago.

Wraith
5th July 2007, 07:34 PM
mmmmm, looks like things have changed lately, customer service taking a bit of back step there :(

Have any of you been given/offered the factory day visit I mentioned earlier - it's a great little adventure, pity if that's no longer available too......

Shaun
5th July 2007, 07:41 PM
mmmmm, looks like things have changed lately, customer service taking a bit of back step there :(

Have any of you been given/offered the factory day visit I mentioned earlier - it's a great little adventure, pity if that's no longer available too......

Customer Service hasnt taken a step back.
Its all due to the Demand for the E Series. HSV are projecting that they will do 1000 units more then budgeted for the year. Which is a huge increase in registered units for a niche manfacturer.

Wraith
5th July 2007, 07:58 PM
Customer Service hasnt taken a step back.
Its all due to the Demand for the E Series. HSV are projecting that they will do 1000 units more then budgeted for the year. Which is a huge increase in registered units for a niche manfacturer.

Fair enough, they've mis-calculated numbers - IMHO that's just a good excuse for their suppliers of those goods holding them up lol....

As for niche manufacturer, I don't believe HSV has ever been that (their volumes are too big to be 'niche') and I'm sure they'll frown at the thought of people saying that too, but as for having a niche category, that's a different story - and that's currently what the VXR is for them ;)

I assume no factory visit either :(

Shaun
5th July 2007, 08:29 PM
at 5000-6000 unit they are a niche manfacturer. 5000-6000 Units are not a lot of units when you look at say a Toyota Collora that is prodicted to do 50000 units this year alone. HSV units are based on all models. Meaning that its about 2000 units on avarage for each Model. And no miss calculation as my dealer told me they would prefer to have Quality then Qantity .
If you look arround the world AMG for Mercedes Benz is a Niche Manafacturer and the units produced are higher them HSV produce.

The HSV Story DVD even refers to HSV as a Niche Manafacturer. More status from being called that then a Mass Producer

OPC
5th July 2007, 11:55 PM
I assume no factory visit either :(

yes we get the factory visit if we want...

i wasn't interested in it so i didn't post it after u asked... sorry for being rude

Wraith
6th July 2007, 12:40 PM
That's alright, I'm just curious as to what's still on offer these days :)

OPC
6th July 2007, 05:09 PM
That's alright, I'm just curious as to what's still on offer these days :)

it's a better package than what was on offer 2 years ago...

i saw what HSV buyers got and i wasn't impressed... but then again it takes alot to impress me

maloo97
6th July 2007, 05:29 PM
Back in 97 when we got the maloo We got " The pack"
Plus i scored a Hsv golf bag. Gotta love it :p

Wraith
7th July 2007, 03:38 PM
it's a better package than what was on offer 2 years ago...

i saw what HSV buyers got and i wasn't impressed... but then again it takes alot to impress me

2 years ago there must have been something wrong at HSV or they just weren't feeling generous LOL :)

I bought my R8 back in 1999 and I got everything Maloos mentioned above and more.... :D

Good to see they're back at it these days ;)

rujo
8th July 2007, 03:31 PM
Finally I got it. It is absolutely awesome car. Definitely worth the money spent.

Shaun
8th July 2007, 05:34 PM
Any pics...

rujo
8th July 2007, 09:59 PM
I wanted to take some photos but it was raining all day on Saturday and today went out with friends. Hopefully I'm gonna get some next weekend.

OPC
8th July 2007, 10:32 PM
Finally I got it. It is absolutely awesome car. Definitely worth the money spent.

thats great cant wait to see pics

rujo
9th July 2007, 06:23 PM
Everyone at work loved it. Even a guy who said that he didn’t like the new model of Astra and said that the old model looked much better couldn’t believe his eyes. I showed him pictures last week and he didn’t like it at all. He’s a big Toyota fan. Today when he saw my new VXR he couldn’t believe how good it was and also said they look a lot different in real then in a photo.

OPC
9th July 2007, 06:26 PM
yeah i wasn't a fan either...

i had actually said on another forum that i wouldn't be getting one

but when i went and test drove it and saw it does actually look better than a standard one from the MOTOR show... well... that's when i fell for it hook line and sinker

anyway... hurry up and post some pics of you and ur beast

rujo
14th July 2007, 04:17 PM
As promised here are few photos of my new car. I know it needs a wash but I'm not feeling well so I'll have to leave washing for the next weekend.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~drusmir/CARS/vxr1.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~drusmir/CARS/vxr2.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~drusmir/CARS/vxr3.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~drusmir/CARS/vxr4.jpg

EL BURITO
14th July 2007, 04:41 PM
NICE MATE, TAKE THE FRAMES OFF THE PLATES THOU.

YOU LEAVING IT AS hsv BADGES OR GOING TO GO THE OPC BADGEING ?

OZChris
14th July 2007, 04:46 PM
As promised here are few photos of my new car. I know it needs a wash but I'm not feeling well so I'll have to leave washing for the next weekend.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~drusmir/CARS/vxr1.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~drusmir/CARS/vxr2.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~drusmir/CARS/vxr3.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~drusmir/CARS/vxr4.jpg

Very nice :)

OPC
16th July 2007, 10:34 AM
top stuff mate... lookin good

Shaun
16th July 2007, 10:58 AM
Sliver with the tinted windows looks good..

Wraith
16th July 2007, 01:48 PM
I've said it before too - star silver AH Sri t and Vxr's look hot :)

Well done :)