PDA

View Full Version : My Calibra WITOUT WHEELS not happy Jan

peter1823
29th June 2007, 10:47 PM
Gday All

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/706/whitecalibrabg4.jpg

Gday All, this is my ride and was soon to be my daughters car. It is a 93 Calibra
However some D$%&KHEAD's decided to steal MY wheels on Thursday night.

The wheels are 6 spoke Advanti brand, one is touched up with silver paint there are only 3 covers as the bright sparks left one behind size 17 x 7, 4 stud pattern, tyres I believe were 215/45
The airflow meter, tubing and podfilter and car battery?? were STOLEN as well

The car was in for engine repairs locally in Toowoomba

If someone sees these wheels and my other spare parts or is offered these items , feel free to send me a PM or email to [email protected]
A couple Mr Bundy Bears or others are rewarded if found and recovered.

Cheers have a nice day
Peter

bornwild
29th June 2007, 11:10 PM
That's ****ed up...

daaaaavek
30th June 2007, 12:05 AM
That's Toowoomba .. plenty of bored little shits live there.

blueraven
30th June 2007, 01:27 AM
same thing happened to my calibra when i had it...

4X100 is a very common pattern :(

(very nice cally by the way.)

Bill_G
30th June 2007, 08:41 AM
The car was in for engine repairs locally in ToowoombaSorry to hear of your loss Peter, but can you not claim on their repair businesss's insurance policy? Even if they have a sign stating that "all vehicles left at the owners' risk", unless it was actually pointed out to you before you left the Cally and you signed a repair order or other document agreeing to its conditions, it should be up to them to make good on whatever was stolen from your vehicle.

If they're not prepared to come to the party, I suggest that you obtain urgent legal advice as to exactly where you stand, and if you ultimately need to claim on your own insurance, see if you can get them to at least cover your excess.

MK
30th June 2007, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss Peter, but can you not claim on their repair businesss's insurance policy? Even if they have a sign stating that "all vehicles left at the owners' risk", unless it was actually pointed out to you before you left the Cally and you signed a repair order or other document agreeing to its conditions, it should be up to them to make good on whatever was stolen from your vehicle.

If they're not prepared to come to the party, I suggest that you obtain urgent legal advice as to exactly where you stand, and if you ultimately need to claim on your own insurance, see if you can get them to at least cover your excess.

Totally agree with the above...seek advice from your insurance company or third party legal advice after "reasoning" with the place you had you Calibra at and where the items were stolen...i don't want to sound stupid but its really convenient it happened at the place of repairs (?!)

Bill_G
30th June 2007, 09:28 AM
I didn't want to sound too obvious Marc, but I completely agree with your assessment that it was an extremely convenient time and place for such a thing to happen.

I also hope the police were called, as there can be no insurance claims made for theft by either party without an incident number.

Wraith
30th June 2007, 01:58 PM
Far out.......

Firstly that's a great looking Cali and great to see another owner of one, albeit in less than favourable circumstances....

Second, I too agree with the above 3 posts and hopefully you did report it to police as soon as it happened....

The garage where your car was when this happened are indeed liable to some extent regardless of 'owners onus' warning signs, they count for nothing, unless you specifically signed a document from them agreeing to such signage conditions !

All the best with it, hope you get it resolved well enough :)

bornwild
30th June 2007, 03:04 PM
+1 to Wraith :)

Good luck with it mate