PDA

View Full Version : Woz01

Woz01
29th June 2007, 09:24 PM
Hi,
Excellent to find an aussie site of owners after searching the web for anything to do with opel vauxhall and vectra. Look forward to chatting and maybe going for a cruise sometime!

Two weeks ago I bought a Silver 2003 CDX Vectra 3.2l auto in good condition with only 53000k's from a reputable car dealer in Sydney. So far I love the car, it looks and goes great, although with all the rain in Sydeny lately I haven't had a good chance to check out the power.

I have the usual 3mth/ 5000k warranty. I've got it booked in with another dealer to do a further inspection to see if there is anything I need fixed under warranty.

A couple of issues already with the auto selector in "D" it is taking off in 5th gear after stopping and won't drop down. This is happening intermittently. Also, changing/ upgrading the bulbs in the front headlights is a shocker.

Anyone have solutions to similar problems?

RobotWarrior
29th June 2007, 09:28 PM
gday Woz welcome to Opelaus. I can tell you to have a look in the how 2 section and also the vectra section might be something already there Enjoy your time here! Cheers Robot

bornwild
29th June 2007, 09:28 PM
Glad to see you join mate, and all the best with the car.

As for the problems, there seems to be a computer problem with the automatic or just try pressing the little 'snow flake' button next to the gear selector.

And there should be a detailed explanation of how to change the bulbs in your car's manual.

Welcome to opelaus.com :)

Woz01
29th June 2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks, mate

Tfer
2nd July 2007, 03:16 PM
Welcome to Opelaus Woz01 and congrats on a great choice for your ride. I have one of the Veccy C CDXi's but its a manual so cannot help you with the auto question..... but as Robot said, have a squiz in the Vectra section, as there just maybe a thread on this very problem. ;)

Long skinny fingers help with changing the headlight bulbs..... bloody hopeless at it, I am :(

auzvectra
2nd July 2007, 05:15 PM
try changing the right indicator bulb on an audi a4 b6 model, u can only use ur finger tips, n need to squeeze in the wheel arch to do it, the light is about 25mm from the inner wheel arch, and you need to take the airbox out to do it, which is a mission in itself!!!
i dropped it 3 times when putting it back in too :(, the wheel arch is completely sealed also :(.