PDA

View Full Version : Urgent

bornwild
28th June 2007, 03:13 PM
Anyone know what the speed limit is on Hoddle Street in Melbourne???

I think it's 80km/h and there is also a section of 70km/h???

bornwild
28th June 2007, 03:26 PM
Nevermind, 70km/h.......I expect a fine....FFS

Wraith
28th June 2007, 03:40 PM
I thought Hoddle was 80 with some sections reduced to 60km/h....

How much over were you ??

- Then again maybe not a good idea to write that here....might get viewed by the wrong people...

Before paying any speeding fine, you can dispute the alleged speed and get a reduction on the severity of the fine...;)

GreyRex
28th June 2007, 03:43 PM
70kms from memory. I was on it this morning. Either way I never go over 70. Speed cameras gallore

bornwild
28th June 2007, 05:12 PM
I thought Hoddle was 80 with some sections reduced to 60km/h....

How much over were you ??

- Then again maybe not a good idea to write that here....might get viewed by the wrong people...

Before paying any speeding fine, you can dispute the alleged speed and get a reduction on the severity of the fine...;)

I was around 78-79 on cruise control.....fuk me but I thought it was 80km/h as well! Yeah I'll definitely dispute it....all these cameras shit me, having to worry about hoons and other idiots on the road is enough and then all these cameras....FFS....

OPC
28th June 2007, 06:10 PM
you guys get screwed with heaps of camera's in VIC hey ?

bornwild
28th June 2007, 06:47 PM

keep rubbin it in damn you :p

Wraith
28th June 2007, 09:57 PM

Yes unfortunately we do :(

I've been caught out so many times at just 5 or 7km/h over the limit over the past few years, I'm out of demerit points ATM until March next year :(

I have no choice but to always stay under or at the speed limit these days, which is damned hard to do sometimes, when these shifty bastards set up their speed cameras on downhills or short stretches of road where the speed limit is suddenly reduced, but hidden from view, or you make a turn into a street that you can't turn into between such and such a time, but where the hell is the damn sign which says so etc. etc.......yes as Bornwild said - damn aholes they are indeed....

damienhelen
29th June 2007, 05:43 AM
lol, just wait till every car has a GPS standard fitted and they will be able to track us from outerspace.

Also up here on the M1 they were going to introduce speeding fines - over distance ie say 5 cameras on 5 bridges and if you get to the no 5 camera from the 1st camera, at a "speeding time" then "click" you'll get a flash for cash in the mail
Dunno what happened, but it aint been introduced yet

lol on the M3 they hide'em on sides of hills, sneaky pricks.

They need to be regulated.

And remember it's only a fine then you pay it, until then its really only a warning.

Tfer
29th June 2007, 08:18 AM
And this is why I set my cruise control to my GPS ;)

damienhelen
29th June 2007, 08:51 AM
And this is why I set my cruise control to my GPS ;)

Doensn't hold up in court, what counts is what your speedo in your dash reads. Long way off until GPS speed is accurate. :)

Tfer
29th June 2007, 09:02 AM
Doensn't hold up in court, what counts is what your speedo in your dash reads. Long way off until GPS speed is accurate. :)

Ummm.... wrong.... been there, done that, and fine overthrown! :D

damienhelen
29th June 2007, 09:25 AM
Ummm.... wrong.... been there, done that, and fine overthrown! :D

Tell us your story.

Tfer
29th June 2007, 09:37 AM
Tell us your story.

Public forum.... not that keen to ;) so won't be discussing it here.

Thank you for understanding :cool:

damienhelen
29th June 2007, 09:37 AM
PM it ....

Tfer
29th June 2007, 09:53 AM
PM it ....

Thanks, but no, just know it is so ;)

RobotWarrior
29th June 2007, 10:11 AM
I would have thought GPS is a damn sight more accurate than a mechanical gauge which can have variances of up to 5 Km per hour either side of actual speed. I don't understand why there isn't an infra red/ radar style digital sensor on modern cars to give exact speed reading on the dials? Probably because the Government wants to keep its current cash flow perhaps:confused: Look out I just created a conspiracy theory.....:eek:
If the government(s) were serious about speeding then they would set up transcievers instead of speed signs, and once you pass into a new zone your speed automatically adjusts. Eliminating speeding and the need to pay fines! Besides which in countries that don't have set speed limits people do the speed that is safe for the given road. I guess that if you draw a line in the sand then people are naturally gonna want to cross it, thus giving the government exactly what it wants a steady stream of revenue! Oh well thats my rant for today LOL.

Dee
29th June 2007, 10:14 AM
lol, just wait till every car has a GPS standard fitted and they will be able to track us from outerspace.

Also up here on the M1 they were going to introduce speeding fines - over distance ie say 5 cameras on 5 bridges and if you get to the no 5 camera from the 1st camera, at a "speeding time" then "click" you'll get a flash for cash in the mail

lol on the M3 they hide'em on sides of hills, sneaky pricks.

They need to be regulated.

And remember it's only a fine then you pay it, until then its really only a warning.

The only fixed speed camera that i know of in brisbane is the one out the back of Brendale on South Pine Road i think it is... thats been there for years and there was a lot of controversy over it as it is at the bottom of a hill and blends into the surrounds.

But here are cameras over a few roads in SE Qld that do calculate time between cameras (Granard Rd is one of them) but they are only used for trucks at the moment - as they have been used in NSW to catching truckies out that are speeding or not having their regular stops.

i'm sure we'll all be told when they get used for other traffic too

imay
29th June 2007, 01:34 PM
Done the GPS to speedo comparison on both my Astras.
My convertible speedo reads different to the GPS. At 60 kmh indicated, GPS shows 58; at 100 kmh indicated, GPS shows 95.
Wife's 1.8 hatch is so closely matched it's scarey. "Honey, just don't speed, OK. Trust me!"

Checked this against a guy who had his speedo verified (as a result of a court required speeding fine argument), and the GPS is pretty damn accurate. Much more so than any speedo.

But we can't always be driving around the streets checking out the tiny numbers on the GPS, can we? So, I believe the safest bet is to drive on, or just under, the speedo indication . . . unless of course you've messed with your wheel/tyre combination! That brings a whole new angle into this debate.

And further to this one . . . don't want to pay the fine? Don't do the crime! If speeding fines is revenue raising, I'm all for it. Because it's a tax I don't contribute to! Keep paying my share, will ya guys!

bornwild
29th June 2007, 01:58 PM

Nah he is right, it was on current affair too. A guy got a fine and was able to prove with his GPS that he did not speed at that given time. :)

Petey
29th June 2007, 07:48 PM
Ummm, if I'm not mistaken a GPS will only pick up signals sent out by Satellites... It receives signals only.

There is no way you can be tracked by a Satellite unless you purchase some sort of GPS transmitter which are expensive and not that common.

xplosv57
29th June 2007, 07:51 PM
Yes but the Goverment wants to install GPS transmitters into all new cars so they can be tracked, plus they aren't expensive at all these days and once theyre mass produced will be even cheaper!!

bornwild
29th June 2007, 07:58 PM
Ummm, if I'm not mistaken a GPS will only pick up signals sent out by Satellites... It receives signals only.

There is no way you can be tracked by a Satellite unless you purchase some sort of GPS transmitter which are expensive and not that common.

So? It can still calculate speed with the error equal to the error of distance on the GPS. It doesn't need to emit any signals.

V = dx/dt

bornwild
29th June 2007, 07:59 PM
Yes but the Goverment wants to install GPS transmitters into all new cars so they can be tracked, plus they aren't expensive at all these days and once theyre mass produced will be even cheaper!!

Last time I read, a GPS chip was about $3.10. :D

OPC
30th June 2007, 12:14 AM
Dear Big-wigs at the RTA,

Recently I have seen your new ad campaign regarding speeding (http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/advertisingcampaigns/speeding_pinkie.html), in which is presented the new slogan "Speeding. No one thinks big of you”. In no uncertain terms this advertisement is drawing the conclusion that people who speed have small penises.

Now, as this is a new initiative of the RTA’s I am still yet to understand some of the finer details concerning the matter. Many of the RTA’s ideas have some hard-to-comprehend underlying issues, but for me this one takes the cake, and as such I felt it necessary to write this letter asking a few questions I would like answered.

Firstly, I would like to know if the effect is immediate on the male genitalia. That is, if a well-endowed man travels at the speed limit all of his life until one day when he misses a poorly placed sign, or a confusing speed change, and he accidentally breaks a ridiculous speed limit will his wang shrink immediately? Or is it more of a gradual effect that builds up over time? And, if so at what rate will it occur? If possible I would like to know the mathematical formula for the rate that the appendage will shrink – I.e. If n is the number of km/hr over the limit, is it a linear relationship with new_size = size-n, or is it an exponential relationship (size = size*1/n^m)?

The next thing I would like to know is if this means that there is now an easier way to increase the size of the penis without resorting to those dodgy pills that I bought over the internet. What I would ultimately like to know is this – if I travel slowly does that mean the size of my penis actually increases? And If I travel 20km/hr under the speed limit in the right hand lane of a three-lane carriageway does that speed up the effect?

Following on from these questions I would like you to clear up the issue of the sexist nature of the ad. From the campaign I could assume that either:

A) Women don’t speed and hence ad campaigns do not need to be directed at this demographic

B) There will be a follow up campaign alleging that women who speed have large vaginas, or

C) The RTA will be installing penises on female drivers which allow them (through examination of the current size of their penis) to monitor their speeding.

It would be good if you could clear up which of these three options is most correct.

The final details I would like you to clear up are a few inferences I have made from this campaign. Using logical thinking I believe that I can infer the following:

· Old ladies are slow drivers and therefore they have large penises

· NASA astronauts who probably achieve the highest speeds of mankind would have the smallest penises of all (however I’m not sure if your jurisdiction stretches to the U.S.A)

· Women drivers that speed excessively have very small penises, which from their point of view could be a good thing, hence encouraging them to speed.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this extensive list of queries – as you can appreciate I am quite confused over some of the issues raised by your new ad campaign, and I look forward to your reply which will hopefully put some of these questions to rest.

Yours sincerely,

Responsible male P-Plate driver.

MatsHolden
30th June 2007, 12:22 AM

Already got the point to point cameras in Vic on the Hume. Bloody revenue raisers. Pure and simple. You go 3km/h over the limit ONCE between the 7 camera sites and that's enough for a fine. It's more dangerous than anything because you are constantly looking at your speedo rather than what is happening on the road.

bornwild
30th June 2007, 02:12 AM
Mohawk, I've never had a sweeter laugh.

Thank you my friend