PDA

View Full Version : chinese quality - rather large lack of

poita
25th June 2007, 09:08 PM
the all new latest and greatest BS6
well maybe not greatest, failed the crash tests and got a 1 star rating

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/22/brilliance-bs6s-adac-crash-test-is-anything-but/

"The BS6, as currently constructed, appears to a complete piece of crap"

"The A-pillar collapses and folds up like a cheap suitcase, forcing the driver's door to pop largely out of its frame, while the lower portion of the car buckles like it's made of recycled pop cans. "

here is another great exmaple of chinese quality, in this car u have a 99.9% chance of bein killed in an accident!

Landwind SUV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZWy_fASSiQ

EL BURITO
25th June 2007, 09:16 PM
would that even be aloud on our roads with that complete lack of safety

poita
25th June 2007, 09:27 PM
well europe has said no because of this, and teh yanks basically laughed at them

daaaaavek
25th June 2007, 09:41 PM
then after they crashed it they melt the metal down to make cheap chinese turbos, don't they matt?

poita
25th June 2007, 09:44 PM
ouch, that hurts.............

daaaaavek
25th June 2007, 09:58 PM
hehe i'm just yankin his chain - no harm done right?

poita
25th June 2007, 09:59 PM
im sure he'll be fine.
after all, wats a bent propellor shaft between friends :p:p

OZChris
25th June 2007, 10:13 PM
It looks like the Chinese version of the Daewoo Leganza ?

daaaaavek
25th June 2007, 10:17 PM
im sure he'll be fine.
after all, wats a bent propellor shaft between friends :p:p

between friends it ok

between "friends" well that is another matter entirely :eek:

bornwild
25th June 2007, 10:25 PM
Made in China....what did you expect.....

UnKnOwN
25th June 2007, 10:41 PM
makes me wonder how they become a partner of daimler chrysler

Red AH SRI T
26th June 2007, 08:54 AM
and to think people had the hide to complain about the Daewoo Barina!!!! :eek:

EL BURITO
26th June 2007, 10:31 AM
and to think people had the hide to complain about the Daewoo Barina!!!! :eek:
but thats aloud on our roads.

have u not seen the RAC add it needs 4 points or more or its not safe

bornwild
26th June 2007, 11:58 AM
makes me wonder how they become a partner of daimler chrysler

Daimler Chrysler don't exist no more....

UnKnOwN
26th June 2007, 03:17 PM
eh? really..?

Wraith
26th June 2007, 03:47 PM
Daimler Chrysler don't exist no more....

Last I checked they did :confused:

SIMid
26th June 2007, 04:15 PM
Chopsticks comes to mind.

*LOLOL*

Alix
26th June 2007, 07:26 PM

Last month: http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2007/s1923157.htm

Wraith
26th June 2007, 07:36 PM
There you go, didn't manage to read all of that, but wonder who will take em up next and if they'll retain the Chrysler name.....

Still hasn't affected most of their net sites, that's what I did earlier today, just googled and they came up like nothing's different....

digifish
26th June 2007, 09:46 PM
Made in China....what did you expect.....

Come on, 80% of the consumer goods we use in Australia today are made in China. The Chinese can manufacture anything you want to any level of quality. It just so happens that this is a local product with a local market and build quality in mind.

Cars, China will get there quicker than you think.

digifish.

oneightoo
26th June 2007, 09:50 PM
cars have only just become popular in china also..

poita
26th June 2007, 09:53 PM
"so u mean you dont have to pedal this thing"

bill142
26th June 2007, 10:08 PM
I don't see why China are so hell bent on re-inveting the wheel. Why don't they just take a leaf out of the rest of the worlds book and set themselves these high standards. They copy everything else, so I don't see the harm in copying safety standards.

digifish
26th June 2007, 10:17 PM
I don't see why China are so hell bent on re-inveting the wheel. Why don't they just take a leaf out of the rest of the worlds book and set themselves these high standards. They copy everything else, so I don't see the harm in copying safety standards.

You have to understand the Chinese manufacturing psyche, it's all about low cost and high volume. They want to make large numbers of things and at a certain profit. They really do have trouble bringing themselves to add cost to a product in order to improve quality....it just isn't the way they do things. It's a culture of corner-cutting any time you can get away with it.

I have had direct experience with this. However, if you pay, and force them...and watch them closely :) as I have said they can manufacture to any quality standard you want. I know, have several products that I designed manufactured in China.

Most of the good quality that comes out of China is from joint ventures or (as much as the Chinese government will allow) foreign owned companies implementing their own factories and manufacturing processed there.

In the case of the car, it's clearly a local company...made to local standards...

digifish

bill142
26th June 2007, 10:26 PM
You have to understand the Chinese manufacturing psyche, it's all about low cost and high volume. They want to make large numbers of things and at a certain profit. They really do have trouble bringing themselves to add cost to a product in order to improve quality....it just isn't the way they do things. It's a culture of corner-cutting any time you can get away with it.

I have had direct experience with this. However, if you pay, and force them...and watch them closely :) as I have said they can manufacture to any quality standard you want. I know, have several products that I designed manufactured in China.

Most of the good quality that comes out of China is from joint ventures or (as much as the Chinese government will allow) foreign owned companies implementing their own factories and manufacturing processed there.

In the case of the car, it's clearly a local company...made to local standards...

digifish

Yes but surely local standards should be much higher, using international ones as a basis. Unless of course the Chinese government are using it as a mean to cull a few million of their 1 billion people population?

digifish
26th June 2007, 10:53 PM
Yes but surely local standards should be much higher, using international ones as a basis. Unless of course the Chinese government are using it as a mean to cull a few million of their 1 billion people population?

International standards are not even on the radar. The country is a world unto itself.

digifish

bornwild
26th June 2007, 10:58 PM
International standards are not even on the radar. The country is a world unto itself.

digifish

You can't expect the standards of manufacture to be on the same level as, let's say Germany, when the basic life standard is a few hundred times worse.

To improve a sophisticated standard, such as manufacturing quality, you need to go back to basics and improve things such as life quality.

Plus, it's China.....the term 'quality' and 'safety' means a whole lot less to them than to us.

Safety to them is probably protection from rain and wind...whereas to us it's hitting a wall at 60km/h and walking away unscathed.

Catch my drift?

bornwild
26th June 2007, 11:02 PM

They split up, acting immediatly as of last month.

Oh and they still have one or two common projects which they are going to finalise. As for the logistics of the corporation, it will take some time for them to grow apart.

They own quite a few subsidiaries with the same brandname...I think their financial services is the most famous one.