PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes C63 AMG Sound

bornwild
24th June 2007, 02:17 PM
Check out this youtube video at worldcarfans. (http://blog.worldcarfans.com/index.cfm/8070622.001/mercedes-c63-amg-amateur-spy-video)

Listen to the sound! :D

Alleged specifications:
-infamous 6298cm V8
-capable of around 520kW(in the upcoming Merc SLC supercar)
-will produce around 320kW in the C-class(RS4 making 309kW and M3 making 311kW, only logical to produce a tad more to beat the competition)

Enjoy the sound! :D

Wraith
24th June 2007, 02:48 PM
Yep, the Mercs just keep getting better on the power/performance side of things :)

BMW certainly has it's hands full these days with both Audi and Mercedes hot on their tail across the model range...

JohnBu
24th June 2007, 05:34 PM
320kW is more than the upcoming M3..

but dont forget that the M3 is only 4L compared to 6.3L

that extra weight ain't going to do handling any good..

regardless, a big power engine doesn't automatically turn it into a sports car...

bornwild
24th June 2007, 06:10 PM
320kW is more than the upcoming M3..

but dont forget that the M3 is only 4L compared to 6.3L

that extra weight ain't going to do handling any good..

regardless, a big power engine doesn't automatically turn it into a sports car...

Nah Merc doesn't make sports cars, that's what BMW is for. Mercs make cruisers that demolish BMW's in a straight line but can also keep up around the track :).

Mind you, every single E63 vs M5 comparisn goes in favour of the Merc because of it's usability/performance ratio.

ps. isn't the 6.3l from merc aluminium?

Wraith
25th June 2007, 11:54 AM
Nah Merc doesn't make sports cars, that's what BMW is for. Mercs make cruisers that demolish BMW's in a straight line but can also keep up around the track :).

Mind you, every single E63 vs M5 comparisn goes in favour of the Merc because of it's usability/performance ratio.

ps. isn't the 6.3l from merc aluminium?

I'll have to agree with Bornwild, the Mercs certainly are up there with the best from BMW and Audi 'these days' and they look fantastic too.....

In terms of 'sports car' they still lag behind the likes of Ferrari, even the SLR, but I'd still have one anyday :)

bornwild
5th July 2007, 12:29 AM
Ok, it's here finally.

It even has a bit more power than my prediction of 320kW; it has 333kW.

:D:D:D:D:D:D Ridiculous

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/gcf/newsID/2070704.001/mercedes/mercedes-benz-c63-amg-revealed

Shaun
5th July 2007, 12:37 AM
I have been Lucky enough to drive a C55 AMG @ Eastern Creek through work. They make such a nice sound. even the E500 i have had for a weekend makes a nice note . Hoping we will get another drive day when the new products are all released in Australia.

Wraith
5th July 2007, 12:51 PM
Looks mad :) similar style lower front bar gills as the SLK55...

Oh yeah and that thumping V8 :D