PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone sold there car???

low astra
24th June 2007, 01:22 PM
just wondering if anyone has acuatly sold there cars using a OPELAUS.COM for sale thread, i dont mean car parts i mean the hole thing

bornwild
24th June 2007, 01:27 PM
Translation:

I am just wondering if anyone has actually sold their car using an opelaus.com, 'for sale', thread?! I don't mean car parts, I mean the whole thing.

:D

Yours truly, :p

xplosv57
24th June 2007, 01:30 PM
Nope, had my Astra in the for sale section for around 6 months, no interest at all!!

Lucky for me, cos i traded my car in for $3000 more without the stereo than i had it for sale on here with the stereo!!!!

low astra
24th June 2007, 01:37 PM
Translation:

I am just wondering if anyone has actually sold their car using an opelaus.com, 'for sale', thread?! I don't mean car parts, I mean the whole thing.

:D

Yours truly, :p

thanks mate the world is now a better place because you can spell

Wraith
24th June 2007, 02:55 PM
just wondering if anyone has acuatly sold there cars using a OPELAUS.COM for sale thread, i dont mean car parts i mean the hole thing

This is a very interesting question, I too am a little curious to see the stats on this one...

I've always had the idea that it's 'almost' next to useless advertising your car for sale here, because most people have one or what they want already :rolleyes:

However if your selling parts or wrecking a whole car - different story, the scavangers come running out from all places lol :)

xplosv57
24th June 2007, 03:26 PM
Totally agree, unless you got a better model like a Turbo for example which is an upgrade, its tough to sell a lower spec model!!! Not to put you down lowastra, you never know, someones friend/relative might see it here and be interested, but going on my experience, no interest!!

However Wraith, if that Vert ever went for sale, i think the site would go into meltdown lol!!!!

low astra
24th June 2007, 07:07 PM
THATS EXACTLY WHAT IM THINKING, so far ive found it to be a complete waste of time, but stuffed if i know where is a good place to advertise my cars, and im not selling it or trading it to a car yard because from what ive seen from them in the past is a full on rip off

pred8r
24th June 2007, 07:13 PM
Put Mrs Preds 05 Getz on here, 10k kms, asked $10.5k, most offers were less.

Sold it to a dealer for $10.5k

low astra
24th June 2007, 07:22 PM
yeah dealers offered me nowhere near what i want, infact most offers have been a bit of a insult, the car is in top notch condition, just sitting low, im almost at the stage where i just keep it and drive it untill it falls apart,

but my bigest hate is people dumping shit on your car in the forsale thread,

Poogene2001
24th June 2007, 08:49 PM
yeah dealers offered me nowhere near what i want, infact most offers have been a bit of a insult, the car is in top notch condition, just sitting low, im almost at the stage where i just keep it and drive it untill it falls apart,

but my bigest hate is people dumping shit on your car in the forsale thread,

My "bigest hate" is when you realise you're out of toilet paper after dropping the kids off at the pool...

Misguidedangel
25th June 2007, 05:17 PM
THATS EXACTLY WHAT IM THINKING, so far ive found it to be a complete waste of time, but stuffed if i know where is a good place to advertise my cars, and im not selling it or trading it to a car yard because from what ive seen from them in the past is a full on rip off

www.tradingpost.com.au
www.carsales.com.au
www.carpoint.net.au (i think)
www.ebay.com.au

try any of those places...

Trading Post $14.95, 12 weeks online only about 30 words plus 5 photos or $29.95 for 2 weeks paper and online, 5 photos online plus bold heading and bigger ad in paper...

xplosv57
25th June 2007, 07:50 PM
How much are dealers offering for your car?? PM if you like, but my car had similar k's, and also was is good nick, and i got quite a bit for trade in!!!

Good advice above too, have had a few previous cars on carsales and in the trading post, lots of interest and calls, lots of people will see your ad there!!!

Good luck mate!!!

ope126
25th June 2007, 07:57 PM
Yes...:D

I sold my 2006 Holden Astra CDTi to an opelaus member about 2mths ago.
Easy to do business when people share a common interest. ;)

Glenn

CAL.16V
26th June 2007, 12:14 AM
carsales gets my vote!

astralavista
26th June 2007, 10:09 PM
I am trying Carsales with Astralavista's AH CDX but I'm listing here as well as I would prefer to sell to a member .....and no crap about old farts and retirement as I am and I am....and I need to rationalise my vehicle register.
see
http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=237840#post237840
Astralavista

Huhness
27th June 2007, 09:39 AM
I bought my car off V-R! :dance:

Wraith
27th June 2007, 12:16 PM
Well, it's good to hear of 'some' success stories from the forum on this topic :)