PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Parts - nOOb question :)

Blitz_Silvia
20th June 2007, 12:18 PM
hey all, new to owning a vectra and wondering where is best to find aftermarket parts like k&n panel filters, taillights (would like the cdxi ones), and other stuff?

i found a pair of genuine clear side indicators to replace the orange ones from e-bay in the uk for about $35 im guessing the bulbs would be clear and need to be replaced with orange ones?

bornwild
20th June 2007, 12:45 PM
hey all, new to owning a vectra and wondering where is best to find aftermarket parts like k&n panel filters, taillights (would like the cdxi ones), and other stuff?

i found a pair of genuine clear side indicators to replace the orange ones from e-bay in the uk for about $35 im guessing the bulbs would be clear and need to be replaced with orange ones?

Autobarn has K&N filters, taillights etc. If you're in Melbourne, 'SSS Auto' distributes parts to Autobarn and the likes. You wouldn't believe that Autobarn buys the taillights for around $20ish and sells them for up to $100 I believe?!

As for the indicators, yeah most likely.

Tfer
20th June 2007, 01:06 PM
Autobarn has K&N filters, taillights etc. If you're in Melbourne, 'SSS Auto' distributes parts to Autobarn and the likes. You wouldn't believe that Autobarn buys the taillights for around $20ish and sells them for up to $100 I believe?!

As for the indicators, yeah most likely.

Now this is interesting information.... thanks bornwild! :D

gman
20th June 2007, 03:44 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t262/aussiegman/logoEbay_x45.gif is your friend.....UK, German and Australian

Blitz_Silvia
20th June 2007, 04:21 PM
Nice. but the only problem is i cant read the german auctions lol.

the uk ones are all good tho, has anyone bought and front grille's? etc from ebay?

gman
20th June 2007, 04:24 PM
Trick for new players...

http://www.google.com.au/language_tools?hl=en

Google do translations....

or use

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

All done....

gman
20th June 2007, 04:25 PM
Nice. but the only problem is i cant read the german auctions lol.

the uk ones are all good tho, has anyone bought and front grille's? etc from ebay?

I have bought suspension from germany, grille from UK...LSD from USA and that much other stuff I couldn't count it all.....

trust me...its all there ;)

Blitz_Silvia
20th June 2007, 04:49 PM
wow thats a good effort, i will look into it.
thanks.

gman
20th June 2007, 04:50 PM
Always a pleasure.. ;)

ope126
20th June 2007, 05:18 PM
PM Sent...

bornwild
20th June 2007, 07:13 PM
Now this is interesting information.... thanks bornwild! :D

Yeah no worries, I bought a bumper bar+front headlights(genuine) for my brothers focus and it cost me $300 plus spraying. If you were to get those from your dealer or shop it'd cost you $600-$700 easy.

mr_sikma
26th June 2007, 09:08 PM

they dont buy tail lights that cheap!!!

if you need any parts mate pm me or give me a call on 82875777 at autobarn elizabeth...

ask for jason s

bornwild
26th June 2007, 09:25 PM
they dont buy tail lights that cheap!!!

if you need any parts mate pm me or give me a call on 82875777 at autobarn elizabeth...

ask for jason s

Depends which autobarn you work at.

But yeah, around $20. Autobarn Epping.

xplosv57
26th June 2007, 09:35 PM
Also if you are in Melbourne (you havent stated where you are yet), go to Bennett motor wreckers in Dandy, they have mostly Opels there and they would either have or be able to get you a set of CDXi tailights!!!