PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SA: Attn Vectra owners!

Blitz_Silvia
19th June 2007, 08:27 PM
Hi my names josh i have just bought a 2003 CDX vectra.
only had the car for one week, so far so good.

just wondering wat sort of fuel econnomy other vectra owners get from the V6?? the computer shows average 11.8L / 100kms

also my cars only done 26,000kms and have noticed that it has a very slight hesitation to start on cold mornings, could this be an indication of a hard life by previous owner or just something minor or has anyone else experienced similar probs with this motor.

i think the car was always run on normal (cheap shit) petrol but i have filled it with a full tank of BP ultimate 98 octane and put in a bottle of wynns injector cleaner so i guess ill see if that clears things up.

Sorry for the long post and if this is in the wrong section :P

Josh.

ope126
19th June 2007, 08:43 PM
Mate welcome to the site; enjoy your stay...;)

I own an 09/2003 Holden Vectra CDXi with 55,000kms on the clock.
Since driving it out of the showroom it is averaging 11.8L/100Km. (I do not reset this when I fill up, so it gives me a true indication of average fuel used.)

As for the cold starts, correct me if I wrong but this is just part of the Vectra V6 owning experience. On a cold start it normally idles a little lumpy for about 5sec, then as smooth as a babys B*^%om! :o

My suggestion though if you find the car stalling when cold (other than take to get looked at) is to start the car in stages;

1) Key in ignition
2) turn to acessories - wait about 2sec
3) start car

This seems to work well, I think it might prime the fuel pump ready for action.
I never turn the ignition on in one quick motion.

Anyway, I am sure there will be some other Vectra C owners shortly to share their war stories...

Glenn

missxc
19th June 2007, 08:47 PM
Um just curious.
Is it SA in South Australia or South African?:o

Blitz_Silvia
19th June 2007, 09:18 PM
SA - Australia

And thanks Glenn thats extremley helpful, u have taken alot of worry off my mind so far.

The car just seems to idle very lump when i turn the key but only for about 1 - 2 seconds maybe less.
and yes i know im very picky. LOL but for 26,000kms i expect perfection :P
car is extremely smooth all other times and very happy with it in all other regards.

Also is it necessary to run the car on 98 BP ULP? i think it says somewhere in the manual that it reccommeds 95 or higher.

From wat i have seen so far on this site it looks like there is a much more mature group of people on this site as i have just come from owning a turbo nissan and having to put up with 13yr old know-it-all's on nissansilvia.com (which is still a fantastic site) :) and nissans are awesome cars ! :P

Vectracious
19th June 2007, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the site Josh :D

Have a look in the Vectra section - theres a few ZC owners here that will be able to help you with any questions you have.

In terms of petrol, Red Books specs specify that the 3.2 Vectra needs 95RON to run - BP 98 may give you a slight performance increase, but probably nothing you could feel yourself. May get you slightly better economy too (again, the ZC owners can help here).

And yes, not many teenybopper know it alls on this site :whistle:

poita
19th June 2007, 10:19 PM
wheres Tfer?
he usually replies pretty quick wen someone mentions Veccy C's :p

stevedee3
19th June 2007, 10:39 PM
I've been driving gently recently and getting 12.3 l/100km on my CDXi. Mine is sometimes a little rough to start with. Holden recommend 95 RON fuel for this engine.

Tfer
19th June 2007, 10:48 PM
wheres Tfer?
he usually replies pretty quick wen someone mentions Veccy C's :p

Oops..... my bad :o :D

Hmmm, I totally agree with Glenn's take on the Veccy C's cold starts, especially during winter. I have a 10/2002 Veccy C CDXi, and she hates her early morning starts, but after coaxing her into life, and letting her get into her idling mode... she is all good :D ... yep, part of the Veccy C experience.

Economy under mixed driving conditions is around 11.7, but hey, I drive her... no pussy footing around ;)

BTW... welcome to Opelaus and enjoy your time here

btm
20th June 2007, 08:19 AM
welcome to the site Josh, congrats on the purchase!

Blitz_Silvia
20th June 2007, 10:35 AM
thanks for the input guys, car seems to start perfect this morning at 5.30am and it was freezing, the bp 98 ult and injector cleaner seems to have done the trick. :)

Tfer
20th June 2007, 12:57 PM
Funny you should say that..... 8 degrees when I left home this morning, and the old girl started first go, and immediately idled smoothly :confused:

Blitz_Silvia
20th June 2007, 04:32 PM
Yep 7 deg for me

cdxi
20th June 2007, 06:17 PM
Welcome Josh!

My Vectra CDXi hasn't had the cold morning stumbles yet, despite a few chilly Perth starts. It's garaged and most mornings so far the dash display has read between 10-11.5 degrees, even though its well below that outside.

My Vec is just over the 22K mark and the computer reckons I've averaged 10.5 l/100km since the start.

My biggest grumble is the rattling electric windows - both fronts have been adjusted by the dealer in the past 2 months. And I'm still wondering about the driveline clunk after engaging "D" upon moving off straight after an engine start.

Cheers

(no teenybopper here - I'm 40-and-a-bit)....

one2have
20th June 2007, 07:16 PM
Welcome aboard mate, good to see more Veccy C's..

Mine returns an average of 13L/100km with an average speed of 31km/hr (33k on the clock). Sounds steep but I live in the city, traffic jams hurt mileage...

Blitz_Silvia
20th June 2007, 10:08 PM
ok well its 9.45 and i havent driven the car since this morning and its about the same temp as this morn, anyways i just started the car to move it and it fully stumbled for a second or 2 :confused:

any other ppl who have this prob or know why it does it?

i didnt turn the key straigt away either but i didnt leave it as long as i usually do either.

ynmakr
20th June 2007, 10:26 PM
Welcome, this is a great site with a lot of very good and helpful ppl and plenty of info :dance:

Woz01
11th July 2007, 03:40 PM
8.9 - 10.0l/ 100km, average city driving with combined freeway and (Sydney) suburban runs. I'm haven't tried yet but Im hoping 6's on longer freeway cruises. I hope you enjoy your ride.

Tfer
12th July 2007, 10:10 AM
8.9 - 10.0l/ 100km, average city driving with combined freeway and (Sydney) suburban runs. I'm haven't tried yet but Im hoping 6's on longer freeway cruises. I hope you enjoy your ride.

Good luck with the 6's on longer freeway cruises..... my Veccy C will not do that :o

one2have
18th July 2007, 09:30 PM

6's??? Maybe if you turn the engine off downhills??:D :D

bornwild
18th July 2007, 09:58 PM
Hi Josh, I'm an alcoholic. Nice to meet you

bornwild
18th July 2007, 09:59 PM
6l sounds reasonable for a 3.2 on a freeway cruise....shit man, Holden claims something similar to that for their 6.0L V8......

stevedee3
18th July 2007, 10:55 PM
Good luck with the 6's on longer freeway cruises..... my Veccy C will not do that :oNor mine. Maybe the four cylinder version can?

6's??? Maybe if you turn the engine off downhills??:D :DYou don't need to turn the engine off. The ECM already has a fuel overrun cutoff, provided it has warmed up.